IndyManager

Reaction score
1. How important is individual training? Will a young player in regular training improve anyway, or only if he is following the right individual training program?

I ask in part because players seem to always be complaining about their individual training and their workload (not sure if it affects anything w performance that they are unhappy - does it?).

2. What do you set training intensity at for preseason? I am putting the focus on fitness and intensity at high for the first three weeks, then ratcheting it down to average and moving the focus to tactical before the league matches begin. What do you do?

(this is with the mighty Tranmere Rovers, btw)

1. A player will improve anyway, but you can shape him more with individual training.

2. I never change intensity. Players aren't fit in pre-season, so increasing intensity is asking for trouble. Not sure why you'd set Fitness for that little time, as you won't see a noticeable difference.

1. A player will improve anyway, but you can shape him more with individual training.

One thing I've always wondered is if I set a CB to train as ball playing defender, does that help increase his pass and creativity skills faster
or does it only help him fill the green cookie box for BPD? Does the kind of role chosen improve specific attributes or only role compatability?

One thing I've always wondered is if I set a CB to train as ball playing defender, does that help increase his pass and creativity skills faster
or does it only help him fill the green cookie box for BPD? Does the kind of role chosen improve specific attributes or only role compatability?
Role suitability is just an indicator. It doesn't do or affect anything. The role you choose to train will increase the attributes highlighted. As attributes rise, it should also fill up the indicator more, not that it matters too much.