Queston about arranging friendlies for developing players

arun

Reaction score
I have a few very promising 16-18 year old players who can become leading EPL stars in the future. I know that giving them match practice is the best way to ensure rapid increase in attributes. Of course, giving them first team football would be the best, but that may not happen until the end of the season as my board expects me win the FA Cup, EPL and ECC.

Would it be helpful if I arranged mid-season friendlies for them? Instead of using my first team players, I will use my reserve and youth players. Or should I just let them play in the reserve and youth leagues?

I'd try sending them out on loan but try to send them to a club which they are guaranteed first team football otherwise they will just be warming the bench for another team, i've never played a freindly mid season but i suppose you could just play you're reserves, it just depends if another club will accept the proposal.

My team is Man United, so a lot of teams are willing to accept the proposal. Obviously, they won't be from the premiership or have reputation similar to mine, but they are not worse than top Scottish Premier League teams. Which teams have free slots available is important for this, of course.

Now that you are in mid-season let them play in the reserves.If you are in January,send them on loan to a really small club.As you are Man Utd you could send them to your feeder club.When pre-season starts,play them in the friendlies and then send them on loan for first team experience.

Now that you are in mid-season let them play in the reserves.If you are in January,send them on loan to a really small club.As you are Man Utd you could send them to your feeder club.When pre-season starts,play them in the friendlies and then send them on loan for first team experience.

This is exactly what I wanted to discuss - I can send them to my feeder club, but they are quite small reputation clubs. Wouldn't it be better to let them play in a friendly against top SPL teams? Or do friendlies give very little CA gain/experience?