Seabear

Reaction score
Do you lose your feeder club when they get promoted in the premiership? Any one who hasn't lost their feeder club due to it's promotion to the premiership?

I currently have 4 players out on loan with Ipswich and they're currently in second place even though they have a media prediction of finishing 20th in the championship. Don't really want to lose them as a feeder club with January in a month or so i may recall my players and offer them out on loan to other clubs?

Also one of my loan players aren't doing so well would it be better for his development to stay them even though he's constantly performing well below par. Avr of 6.43. He's starting a couple of games but mainly coming off the bench.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
When I got Swindon promoted to the premiership, the Board got rid of my parent club Man City as they saw themselves as a big club at last and no longer saw the benefit in the partnership. Personally, I would of prefferred to keep them, as I was getting free use of all of their hot prospects (and they signed a lot of hot prospects!)

I don't think there's a rule saying you'll loose them, but in 99,99999....% of these cases, a PL club will not be content with beeing a feeder club to a league rival. So their board will cancel the partnership.

About your loan player not performing, my guess is that he's playing at the wrong level (he's not good enough). So it's probably a good idea to offer him to a lesser club anyway. Regular first team football does wonders for such players, while sitting on the bench does the opposite....

You will lose it

When I got Swindon promoted to the premiership, the Board got rid of my parent club Man City as they saw themselves as a big club at last and no longer saw the benefit in the partnership. Personally, I would of prefferred to keep them, as I was getting free use of all of their hot prospects (and they signed a lot of hot prospects!)

I don't think there's a rule saying you'll loose them, but in 99,99999....% of these cases, a PL club will not be content with beeing a feeder club to a league rival. So their board will cancel the partnership.

About your loan player not performing, my guess is that he's playing at the wrong level (he's not good enough). So it's probably a good idea to offer him to a lesser club anyway. Regular first team football does wonders for such players, while sitting on the bench does the opposite....

cheers for the response guys. Will remove my loanes in January and try find them another club or just sent them to antwerp or FC Twente.

His attributes should definetly be good enough for championship level but i'll take him back alongside my players out on loan and look for new clubs. It was hard trying to offload them in the first place even though they're quality and i was offering to pay for all the wages.

When it comes to youngsters (loaned out or not), I often find that the 'determination' (and often 'professionalism') is key. They can have fantastic stats, but if they're not determined and professional, it is often hard to reach their potential abilities. They can get upset about beeing loaned, react badly to a training regime, etc., thus not performing as their stats should indicate.

Hope this helps :)

Yeah as stated above, you will lose them whenever they get in the same league as you.