Quoits

I don't even know what you are talking about. Wtf is Quoits?

no its not silly. It's absolutely pointless. Read the forum rules you idiot.

Well, what rules/ kind of quoits?

(serious reply! haha)

I play pub quoits and the most you can get is 20...

So it's a game? lol. Never heard of it. If he mentioned that in the OP it would have been more beneficial to him lol

So it's a game? lol. Never heard of it. If he mentioned that in the OP it would have been more beneficial to him lol

http://www.mastersgames.com/cat/pub/evesham-quoits.htm

Pic of a board and the quoits.

you stand 8 feet away and throw the quoits. 5 points for getting it on the peg, 2 for the center circle, 1 for the outside circle

WIki

Exclusively a pub game, this variant is predominantly played in mid and south Wales, and in England, along its border with Wales.
Matches are played by 2 teams (usually the host pub verses another pub) and typically consist of 4 games of singles, followed by 3 games of doubles. Players take it in turns to pitch 4 rubber rings across a distance of around 8.5 feet onto a raised Quoits board. The board consists of a central 'pin' or 'spike' and 2 recessed sections; an inner circular section called the 'dish' and a circular outer section.
5 points are awarded for a quoit landing cleanly over the pin, 2 points for a quoit landing cleanly in the dish, and one point for a quoit landing cleanly on the outer circular section of the board. The scoreboard consists of numbers running from 1 to 10, 11 or 12, and the object of the game is separately score each of these numbers using 4 or less quoits - the first side to achieve this being the winner.

Learn something new everyday on this site lol. Might check it out if its fun

Its good fun mate, much harder than it seems. Even harder as I play against Welsh and English international players :mad: (yeah they have International games haha, last match England beat Wales easily, the only Welsh player to win his game was the landlord of my local!)

If you see a table in a pub, give it a go, Quoits players seem to always like helping younger ones as the game would die out if people stop playing

hmmm.. thanks for that. will check out the locals. Didn't even realise there were international tournaments lol. Be better than playing pool and darts all the time

hmmm.. thanks for that. will check out the locals. Didn't even realise there were international tournaments lol. Be better than playing pool and darts all the time

Plenty of drinking games can be made of it ;)

Peg - choose somone to do a shot
Center dish down 2 fingers worth
outer 1 fingers worth

etc etc