Season Buildup and August

I'm not sure what to expect from La Liga 2 however, our start to the season sees us head back to the Estadio Fernando Torres to take on Fuenlabrada on opening day before facing off against another promoted side Racing Santander giving us a good chance to pick up points early.

View attachment 39387
Compared to last season where all we got was around ten grand every time we had a game on TV this is big money.

View attachment 39386
The board expects mid-table and to advance a couple rounds in the cup, not to bad and hopefully should be doable.

View attachment 39385
I decide on a formation change and we will be playing on the counter with 5 at the back. This is as I think Mayoral, Lago Junior and Di Renzo are all capable of making chances themselves, especially with Faurlin or Sabater as the advanced playmaker, and converting those chances as Lago Junior and Mayoral are La Liga quality players and Di Renzo isn't far behind them. My defence is less great so I decided to bulk up our numbers there with an extra centre back as my defence wasn't great last season and we will be facing much better teams this season.

View attachment 39384
We will travel to Cordoba for the Copa del Rey, not the best draw especially as we're away from home but I'm hopeful we can come through it.

View attachment 39383
The bookmakers seem to feel that my board has been fair in asking for mid table although they can easily see us either falling into the relegation battle or competing for a playoff spot.

View attachment 39382
None of our players are even vaguely considered for this award, given Mayoral's tally last season I'm surprised that he isn't at least near the top group.

View attachment 39381
Do we need Rufo? No. Do I plan on playing him? No. Will I let him go to Fuenlabrada? No. Do I hold a grudge? Yes.

View attachment 39380
We sell quite a lot of season tickets with a nice increase on last year and should have one of the bigger attendances of the division again.

Start of the Season

Fuenlabrada 0-2 Mallorca
View attachment 39379
We manage to get a modicum of revenge for the playoff loss as we get off to a winning start in La Liga 2. Di Renzo put us in front after 9 minutes, Faurlin hit a great pass into Di Renzo who fired a first time finish into the top corner from just inside the box. Mayoral grabbed a second for us, Lago Junior breezed past his man on the right and whipped in a cross to the near post the Mayoral got to and turned in. A nice way to start our season.

View attachment 39378
I publicly reject any interest in the Villarreal job and have to say I'm surprised to be linked with the job given my lack of reputation and qualifications.

Mallorca 2-1 Racing Santander
View attachment 39377Another win against a fellow promoted side gets our season off to a very nice start. Lago Junior had us in front early on Mayoral drifted out wide and hit in a cross that Lago Junior rose up and headed in, not quite how I planned it. Mayoral doubled our lead converting a penalty after 70 minutes. Santander pulled a late goal back, Alex Garcia darting ahead of his man to turn a cross in at the back post.

Table
View attachment 39373We sit second after two games and hopefully can still be there in forty games time. It should be noted Barcelona B are the only B team in the division and as a B team they can't get promoted.

View attachment 39368
Las Palmas lose a couple good players after relegation but, also splash some cash while UCAM sign basically a new squad after getting promoted.​

September Update

We look to build on a good start to the season to open up some space between us and the teams near the bottom as my first priority is to make sure we don't get involved in a relegation clash.

Leonesa 3-1 Mallorca
View attachment 39170I decided to push for the win late on and it cost us as Leonesa scored twice to remind me we aren't a class above teams at this level and I should be more willing to accept draws. Borja Mayoral put us ahead just before the half hour, Lago Junior crossed in and Mayoral fired in through the keepers legs. Molina levelled the game just after half time, receiving a long ball on the counter he beat his man and then shot past Uilson and in. Hernandez got Leonesa the lead late on, reacting first to a rebound and firing the ball in. Victor scored late on to add gloss to the scoreline for Leonesa, arriving unmarked at the back post on the counter to score.

Real Valladolid 1-2 Mallorca
View attachment 39166
Mayoral struck twice in the second half to earn us all the points in a close game against Valladolid. Piano scored just after half time with a near post header that Uilson probably should have kept out. Mayoral won and converted a penalty with 20 minutes left to level up the game. He then stuck in injury time to give us the win with a thumping header from a well played in Faurlin free kick.

Copa del Rey

Cordoba 2-0 Mallorca
View attachment 39163
We again go out of the cup at the first time of asking and I'm yet to see us even score in the cup. A Uilson own goal got them in front midway through the first half, a corner was headed into the six yard box and a Cordoba player volleyed it goalwards and it hit a few players before ending up in the back of the net. They got there second goal midway through the second half, Mula was played in on goal and fired low past Uilson.

View attachment 39157
Ian Pino made his debut and got injured before half time braking his ribs and will be out for around 2 months.

Mallorca 2-0 Barcelona B
View attachment 39152Our man on loan from Real Madrid scored twice as we beat Barcelona B comfortably. Mayoral got us in front 17 minutes in, Faurlin played him in with a great ball and Mayoral fired clinically past the keeper. Mayoral confirmed with win with a late goal, Di Rezno this time putting him in on goal and the same result occurred to give us the three posts.

Mallorca 1-1 Huesca
View attachment 39151A decent draw for us as we trailed for most of the game. Santos got them in front after 7 minutes, heading in off the bar. Lopez came off the bench to earn us a point, firing in a Di Renzo cross at the near post as Di Renzo continues to play well for us.

Cadiz 1-2 Mallorca
View attachment 39150We again score somwhat late to claim all of the points and keep our good league form going. Di Renzo headed in a Lago Junior cross to get us in front after half an hour. Cadiz quickly hit back with Micin firing his penalty into the top corner giving Uilson no chance. Pedraza scored the winner with less than 15 minutes left, a Faurlin free kick hit off one player in the Cadiz wall then another and fell perfetly for Pedraza who fired the ball in from close range.

Table
View attachment 39149We sit second level on points with Real Oviedo who we play in our first game next month. As it turns out Borja Mayoral is still much better than everyone else in the division and as long as he is in form we can beat anyone.

Other
View attachment 39148Mayoral is the winner of the player of the month after averaging a goal a game for us. If he can even somewhat keep up that rate he could become the clubs leading scorer in the league before the season is over.

View attachment 39147
He also is nice enough to credit Mallorca with helping make him so good. As much as he says it's the fans and people I know he really means me.​

October Update

With an international break, and us postponing our game that weekend it is a quiet month for us. Some more good form and we could definitely be in promotion contention.

View attachment 39127
The board agrees to upgrade our youth recruitment and I'm hoping that we can get a good youth intake. A couple players from last season's youth intake actually have improved to an extent as to where they could become first team options at some point.

Real Oviedo 0-1 Mallorca
View attachment 39126We sneak a win over Real Oviedo that sees us go top of the table. Lago Junior scored the only goal of the game after 78 minutes to earn us the three points, Mayoral hit a low pass into his path and Lago Junior drilled a low first time finish past the keeper and in.

Mallorca 2-3 Numancia
View attachment 39125
We lose a back and forth game against Numancia that sees us lose top spot just after we get there. Lago Junior put us in front just before half time, Matt Mills showed English centre backs at their best launching the ball from the halfway line into the box and when the defender missed his header and Lago Junior volleyed the long ball in. Morillas headed in a corner just after half time to level the game back up. Perez soon had them back in front striking in a free kick from 25 yards out. Morillas fired in when one on one with Uilson to put Numancia two goals ahead with 25 minutes later. Mayoral reduced the deficit by 1 with not long left, hitting in a great low shot he got from an outside the foot pass from Di Renzo. On top of the 5 goals the game also featured each side having two goals ruled out to add to the goal heavy occasion.

Mallorca 1-0 Cordoba
View attachment 39124We get some revenge for being knocked out the cup by beating Cordoba in the league in an even game. Lago Junior again made the difference for us, a Faurlin shot was blocked and fell to him and with the keeper on the ground he had a simple finish to give us the lead and we held on to claim all three point.

Granada 0-2 Mallorca
View attachment 39123We end the month with a big win in our top of the table clash against Granada. Mayoral opened the scoring midway through the first half, Faurlin picked out Sastre in space on the right and his cross was headed back across goal and in by Mayoral. He doubled our lead just before half time, taking in a Di Renzo pass and then shooting a well placed effort into the top corner. A good win for us against the title favourites.

Table
View attachment 39122We sit top of the league by three points thanks to a good run in October. Fuenlabrada meanwhile are in the relegation zone which brings me almost as much happiness.

View attachment 39121
Lago Junior earns us back to back player of the month awards after having a great October where he scored three times to help us win some big games and laid on some goals from the right wing.​

November Update

We start the month top and hope to still be there when the month ends. This month also sees us take on ex-Real Madrid, Manchester City and AC Milan Robinho, the holder of 100 Brazil caps now playing for Lugo in the Spanish second division.

Mallorca 2-0 Lugo
View attachment 39119Two early goals from Mayoral got us the win over Lugo as we stay top of the table. Mayoral opened the scoring after 8 minutes, Lago Junior whipping in a good cross and Mayoral turning the ball in at the near post. Faurlin then put Mayoral in on goal with a great pass and he finished well to put us two up after 18 minutes and it was a lead we held onto despite some good pressure from Lugo.

Mallorca 1-4 Almeria
View attachment 39118A couple late goals make the scoreline look worse than it was, we actually had way more shots and possession than we did against Lugo. Hector put Almeria in front early on heading over Uilson who found himself in no man's land thanks to a great cross. Lopez equalised minutes after coming off the bench, Mayoral showing his versatility by whipping in a great cross for Lopez to head in at the back post. Pozo put them back in front midway through the second half with a great header that left Uilson no chance. Hector put the game out of reach with a late goal with a low first time finish after Pozo squared the ball to him just behind the penalty spot. Pozo then scored himself, running away from his marker to score a tap in at the back post.

Alcorcon 1-2 Mallorca
View attachment 39117We bounce back from the bad loss against Almeria with a good win away to Alcorcon. Lago Junior put us in front 16 minutes in, showing off a great leap to head in a Salva Ruiz cross from close range. Errasti equalised moments before half time shooting after some nice one touch play in the box and his shot deflected off a defender and went in. Lopez scored the winner after 64 minutes, Mayoral again putting in a nice cross for him and he attempted to volley the ball but missed it and was lucky to see it bounce off his chest and go in anyway.

Las Palmas 1-1 Mallorca
View attachment 39116
In a game full of late drama we claim a point that any non-Mallorca fans would call lucky. Pedraza kicked off the drama by getting sent off in the 81st minute after picking up two quick bookings. Tana then reacted well to a cross to athletically turn it in from close range to give Las Palmas the lead with almost no time left. Mayoral struck very late to earn us a point though, Sabater putting him in on goal and Mayoral then did the rest cooly slotting the ball past the keeper to get us a vital point against another top team.

Table
View attachment 39115We're still top by the same margin as no one who is currently near top spot can claim to be in good form with everyone dropping points. Sadly Fuenlabrada pulled themselves out the drop zone.

Other Stuff
View attachment 39114I collect my Continental C License and the board immediately agree to send me on a course to get my B license.

View attachment 39113
Having hardly seen the pitch since he joined Fathi announces that he will retire at the end of the season.

View attachment 39112
Samuel Eto'o shows that he still keeps up with Mallorca's form by knowing we're in good form but, he also shows that he doesn't watch any of our games by saying we play vibrant, attacking football which we certainly don't.​

Going well mate! You'll have Mallorca back in La Liga in no time!

Going well mate! You'll have Mallorca back in La Liga in no time!
Cheers, I sort of feel like I have to get us promoted while Mayoral is still here or else it will take a while as it will be much harder to do so without a striker on nearly a goal a game

December Update

We only have four games left this year with the two week winter break giving us some time off.

Mallorca 0-1 Lorca
View attachment 38901We start off the month with a disappointing loss to mid-table Lorca. Noguera scored the only goal after 35 minutes, Oteo flicked on a free kick at the near post and Noguera was able to fire in from a tight angle.

View attachment 38900
Di Renzo took a knock and will miss our next game and Salva Ruiz will miss 3 games with a twisted ankle in a big blow.

Mallorca 2-1 Leganes
View attachment 38899A late goal each is enough to see us claim all three points in a tight game that is our final home game of 2018. Mills got us ahead just before half time, a corner was headed down to Mills and he was able to turn and fire in from close range. Gual equalised for Leganes with less than ten minutes left finishing well after being played in on goal by a long ball. Pedraza scored after 88 minutes to get us all three points, a ball was headed out the box and he took a touch before firing into the top corner to earn us all the points.

Girona 4-2 Mallorca
View attachment 38898We have an awful first half and lose to fellow promotion chasers Girona. Juanpe had them in front early on, Girona won four headers from a corner before Juanpe headed in from close range. Michel scored a penalty after 28 minutes and Garcia made it 3-0 soon after with a great strike from range. Mayoral got us a goal just before half time, half volleying in a great deep cross from Lago Junior. Alex Lopez got us within a goal with a half hour left, Di Renzo playing in Lopez and he took a touch before firing in a low strike from a tight angle. We pushed late on for an equaliser but, Lozano hit us on the counter late on lifting the ball over Uilson and in.

View attachment 38897View attachment 38896
I'm linked with the Osasuna job and offered an interview for the Leganes job, I obviously turn down the interview and deny any Osasuna link.

UCAM 0-3 Mallorca
View attachment 38895We end the calendar year with a convincing win over last placed UCAM with 3 goals in 10 minutes. Mayoral opened up the scoring with a penalty after 24 minutes. He quickly added a second firing a half volley just inside the post with a great strike. Di Renzo finished up the scoring after 34 minutes, Mayoral hit a good shot from outside the box the keeper could only parry and Di Renzo was first to the loose ball and fired it in.

Table
View attachment 38894We end the year top despite losing two of our four games this month. A number of teams could still catch us though as we aren't even halfway through the season yet.

January Transfer Window

Not the most exciting window ever as we make minimal moves as I'm unsurprisingly pretty happy with how the team is performing so far.
Outgoing Transfers
View attachment 38777
B team player Cano leaves for Cornelia for 13k and Rufo, who hadn't featured yet this season, left for Tenerife on deadline day in exchange for 20k. Juanan who has been pretty poor so far this season goes to Tenerife who will cover half his wages, Vujnovic goes to Recreativo on loan who will pay all his wages and Bednarcyzk heads to Majadahonda on loan for the rest of the season.
View attachment 38774
New York Red Bulls bid for Di Renzo but, I turned it down and he is happy to stay at the club right now.

Incoming Transfers

Only two players join us both on free transfers after their contracts expired.

Nino Galovic
View attachment 38773
The Croatian centre back joins us to replace Juanan and step into the starting lineup. His contract with footballing giants Dinamo Minsk expired and I took advantage to sign him up. Hopefully he can a key player as the middle centre back in our three at the back system.

Pau Morer
View attachment 38772
Back in Spain after a few years in Norway I took Morer in on trial and instantly signed him up. With Di Renzo not performing at his best lately Morer will have a chance to earn a starting spot in the lineup if he can impress early on for us. He performed really well in Norway to hopefully he can keep that form going for us.

[video=youtube;Cfvdtxm_XUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfvdtxm_XUg[/video]

He is also an expert at stopping counter attacks while looking casual at the same time.

Overall a quiet window for us but, hopefully our additions can step up to help us in the fight for promotion.​

January Update

We will face promotion candidates Osasuna, mid-table Albacete and two sides in the relegation zone including rivals Fuenlabrada. This month will see us go over the halfway point in the season hopefully still performing well above expectations.

View attachment 38738
I'm offered a chance to interview for the Osasuna job but turn it down. I do the same when La Liga Sporting Gijon offer me an interview later in the month.

View attachment 38737
Uilson suffers a broken jaw that will see him miss the first two games of the year and last year's keeper Reina will step up in his place.

Mallorca 0-4 Osasuna
View attachment 38747An early red card sees us get hammered by Osasuna who probably feel they dodged a bullet when I turned down the job interview. Fran Merdia had us behind early with a great strike from range. Mills got sent off after 23 minutes with a two footed tackle seeing us get sent off. Lillo put us further behind after 71 minutes, a long range strike that Riena should have saved beat him to put us two down. Osasuna scored again seconds later Torres easily volleying in from 8 yards out. Martinez scored late on to make it a hammering, Martinez swivelling and volleying in from inside the box.

Mallorca 0-2 Albacete
View attachment 38743We don't seem to have returned to football after the two week break as we struggle at home to Albacete. Bela put us behind after 14 minutes, Reina probably should have done better with his shot from just inside the box. Deshorn Brown, who I had in on trial but decided not to sign, scored the second goal a free kick bounced of Villanueva's back and landed at Brown's feet. Reina ran past him and let Brown fire into an empty goal.

Mallorca 3-0 Fuenlabrada
View attachment 38741
We return to winning form as Fuenlabrada are swept aside with Mayoral back on the scoresheet. He got us in front after a quarter of an hour with a shot from outside the box finding the top corner and going in. He scored against just after half time firing in a rebound after Morer's shot was parried right to him. Morer got his first Mallorca goal late on a weak volley sneaking under the body of the keeper and in.

After the game I was asked about the injury that Dionisi picked up against us and if it is a sign that we are to physical. I tell the press it's an accident that can happen anytime people play football and that I never send my players out to injure opposition players especially Fuenlabrada's.

View attachment 38735
That may have been a white lie but, I still don't like Fuenlabrada for hammering us in the playoffs last season so that's what they get.

Racing Santander 1-2 Mallorca
View attachment 38740We end the month with back to back wins over fellow promoted sides after seeing off Santander. Sabater put us in front just before half time, his shot from 25 yards out going over the keeper and landing just inside the far post. Raillo doubled our lead with less than 15 minutes left, Mayoral picked him out with a low ball across goal and Raillo top poked it in at the back post. Aquino pulled a late goal back for Santander firing in a low shot off the post, but we held on to claim the win.

Table
View attachment 38739
No one at the top of the table seems able to put together a good run of form so despite losing half our games this month we remain top of the table.

View attachment 38719
We will look to upgrade our youth facilities next season, I didn't realise quite how much it would cost when I asked the board to do it I admit.​

​February Update

A slightly quiet month for Borja Mayoral in terms of scoring puts us in a tough positions as our usual strategy of give him the ball and hope he scores with it don't quite work as well as usual.

Mallorca 3-0 Leonesa
View attachment 38669We and Mayoral actually get off to a good start this month with a comfortable win over a playoff spot chasing Leonesa. Mayoral got us in front with a penalty after 15 minutes where he sent the keeper the wrong way. Morer doubled our lead ten minutes later, a great header from Morer from a tight angle went over the keepers head and just dropped inside the far post. Mayoral wrapped up the win after 73 minutes, a slide tackle played him in on goal and he fired a shot over the keeper and in.

View attachment 38668
Those two goals put Mayoral on 20 for the season which gives him a big lead over everyone else with only 5 other players even on double digits.

Mallorca 0-1 Real Valliodad
View attachment 38667
We lost a game we actually were more dominant in than most this season with Tropit scoring the only goal not long after half time. An effort from just inside the box after an uncleared free kick beat Uilson to give them all the points.

Barcelona B 4-1 Mallorca
View attachment 38666We get hammered by Barcelona B who were able to pass the ball all around us en route to an easy win for them. Cuena fired in from a knockdown to put them ahead early on. Alena made it 2-0 with a penalty just before the half hour. Soon after Abel Ruiz made it 3 heading in from close range. Lopez pulled a goal back with just over ten minutes left, Mayoral made a nice run out wide and then slid in a great cross that Lopez fired in from close range. Ruiz scored late on to re-establish the 3 goal lead, getting played in on goal and then a Uilson slip gave him a simple finish.

Huesca 1-1 Mallorca
View attachment 38665A tight game against Huesca saw us end the month with a point. Bicho put them ahead after 18 minutes when he swept in a low cross at the back post, as Mills just wiped out the intended recipient of the cross they likely would have had a penalty had he missed. Lago Junior levelled the game soon after, a deep cross from the side line from Ruiz put the ball on a plate for him and he easily fired in.

View attachment 38664
Mills picked up a late injury that will see him miss our next couple of games.

Table
View attachment 38663
We are still in the automatic promotion spots despite our awful form since the winter break. I'm not actually convinced that anyone wants to really be promoted as aside from Osasuna no one is in great form.

March Update

Borja Mayoral has a much better month, the impact that has on our results will shock you. Or not if you've noticed how important he is to us, he has scored just over half our goals and also ranks second on assists so some might say we overly rely on him.

View attachment 38662
We start the month out with news that Pedraza will miss the first few games of the month after tweaking his hamstring.

Mallorca 3-1 Cadiz
View attachment 38661We start the month off with a win as Borja ends his mini run without a goal. He opened the scoring by converting a penalty a half hour in. Just after half time Lago Junior doubled our lead, volleying in a low cross from Sabater after being left unmarked 12 yards out. Romera made it a one goal game with 15 minutes left firing in a loose ball from a corner. Mayoral scored to relieve us of a nervy finish firing past the keeper after Lago Junior put him in on goal.

Cordoba 1-1 Mallorca
View attachment 38660A late Borja Mayoral strike earns us a point against Cordoba. Jona put them ahead with not long left, poking a flicked on long ball past Uilson. Mayoral struck in injury time to earn us a point, after having already had a potential equaliser ruled out, Sastre had acres of space to whip in a cross and Mayoral was able to turn the ball in at the near post.

Mallorca 1-1 Real Oviedo
View attachment 38659We again draw one all with Mayoral again scoring to earn us a point. Pucko scored just before half time to put them in front, a deflected shot fell to him and he was able to fire the ball in with Uilson having no chance. Mayoral equalised with just over 15 minutes left when the Real Oviedo keeper slide tackled his own defender to gift the ball to Mayoral who after rubbing his eyes and pinching himself to check it was real fired the ball into an open goal. Febas picked up a second booking with 10 minutes left but we couldn't take advantage.

View attachment 38658
Lopez tore his hamstring and will miss most of the rest of the season as a result.

View attachment 38657
La Liga relegation battlers Levante offer me a job interview but I say no as always.

View attachment 38656
I'm still not convinced by our defence so when the chance came to sign Antonov on a free I jumped at the chance and as he is 18 and an EU citizen he doesn't have to be registered meaning I can use him instantly. He looks to be a bargain for 2k a week.

Numancia 0-2 Mallorca
View attachment 38655
We record a good win away to Numancia as Antonov picks up a clean sheet on his debut. We got in front after 25 minutes, Di Renzo sprinted down the right wing on the counter and then fired in a cross that Mayoral chested down and then fired into the top corner to get us ahead. Lago Junior scored late on to make the end more comfortable, Di Renzo able to slip a pass between the Numancia defenders to give him a simple finish from close range.

View attachment 38654
The goal brings up Mayoral's half century for Mallorca and puts him 4 goals behind equalling Eto'o in terms of league goals and 5 from overtaking him.

Lugo 1-2 Mallorca
View attachment 38653
We win without Mayoral who was away on international duty but, as he was the only player we couldn't get a postponement as we normally have. With Lopez out Prats got his first minutes of the season. A Josete goal got us in front just before half time as he sliced his attempted clearance of a Sastre cross into his own goal. Lago Junior doubled our lead midway through the second half, Prats put him in on goal and he finished well to double our lead. Bastos headed in from close range soon after to make it a one goal game but we held on to claim all three points.

Table
View attachment 38651For the first time we end the month outside the top two however we are level on points with Osasuna and Granada so can easily get back into the top two. Especially as we face Granada in our first game next month.

Youth Intake
View attachment 38650A promising start after last year when no one initially appeared to be good although a few of them are now showing potential.

View attachment 38649View attachment 38648
I can't complain about the youth intake as at least 5 players have potential to become first teamers.

Xavier Gumiel
View attachment 38647
Gumiel is one of the stars of the youth intake and a very promising young attacking player. He really has to work on his technical ability if he wants to become a first team player though.

Oscar
View attachment 38646Oscar is the other star of the youth intake and a very promising young striker. He has good finishing and a good first touch and his determination should help him to achieve his potential.

Gabi
View attachment 38645Gabi is a talented young winger who I will have to retrain as a AML to fit to my current tactic. He has a number of decent stats that gives him a good base to work from to become a first team player.

Daouda Berthe
View attachment 38644A CM with some good potential who has a good first touch and technique he really has to improve his passing but he has some good determination that should help him make it at this level.​

April Update

A big month for us as we face fellow promotion hunters Granada and Las Palmas in our first two games before a couple more winnable games to end the month. We have ten games left and not a lot of room to slip up if we want to go up.

View attachment 38627
Jose Angel will miss most of the month after twisting his ankle in training.

Mallorca 5-2 Granada
View attachment 38626
A great comeback for us as we were two goals down but responding magnificently to claim a big win with Lago Junior having a great game. A potshot by Granada hit off of Sastre and slowly rolled across the line and in just inside the post. Perez put Granada two goals ahead after half an hour, Ruiz intercepted a cross and it fell to Perez who tapped into an open goal. Lago Junior quickly pulled a goal back a powerful shot was tipped onto the bar and then bounced just over the line to get us on the scoresheet. Lago Junior equalised for us after 66 minutes, Morer drilled a low cross across the face of goal that the keeper pushed away but only to Lago Junior who fired the loose ball in. Morer then scored five minutes later to put us ahead, Antov headed a Faurlin free kick across goal and gave Morer a simple header to score for us. Sabater extended our lead soon after, Antov headed down a corner to him and after a nice 1-2 to create space Sabater curled a shot into the top corner to put us two goals up. Mayoral scored late on to complete the turnaround, heading in a Lago Junior cross at the back post.

View attachment 38625
Abdon Prats went down injured not long after coming on against Granada. His twisted ankle will rule him out for a month and leaves Mayoral as our only fit senior striker for the time being.

Mallorca 0-0 Las Palmas
View attachment 38624Despite again getting a man sent off again against Las Palmas we hold on to claim a point. Matt Mills picked up his second yellow card for pointlessly taking his man down miles off the ball, a really stupid red card to pick up.

View attachment 38623
Oscar came on with a minute or so left to kill some time against Las Palmas and as a result he becomes the youngest player to ever play for the club.

Almeria 1-3 Mallorca
View attachment 38622We continued our good form with a convincing win over Almeria. Lago Junior put us ahead after 10 minutes, Mayoral putting in a good cross that Junior headed back across goal and in. Mayoral scored two late penalties to put us three goals ahead both times sending the keeper the wrong way with his penalty. Fidel pulled a late goal back for Almeria powering a shot in from a tight angle.

View attachment 38621
Sadly after a great run of form for us Lago Junior went down with an injury that will see him miss our next couple of games which is a real loss for us.

Mallorca 3-0 Alcorcon
View attachment 38620We end the month with a good win over Alcorcon which also sees Borja Mayoral tie Eto'o for our record league goal scorer. Di Renzo put us in front after 9 minutes a mishit cross of his only went in because Mayoral took out the goalkeeper and I kept waiting for a foul to be called but none came and the goal stood. Morer doubled our lead, chesting down a great chipped pass from Di Renzo before firing in. Mayoral wrapped up the scoring ten minutes after halftime, a slide tackle played the ball into the path of Mayoral who had an easy finish with the keeper out of position.

Table
View attachment 38619We sit second on head to head with Osasuna and a point ahead of Granada. It looks likely that the two automatic promotion spots will be between the three of us.

View attachment 38618
I win my second manager of the month award after an unbeaten month that sees us right in the promotion battle.

View attachment 38617
Barcelona blew a very late lead as Atletico Madrid win the Copa del Rey in extra time despite trailing 2-0 going into injury time.​

That promotion race is very tight, Mayoral has obviously been the difference for your lot. Hope he breaks the record sooner rather than later!

That promotion race is very tight, Mayoral has obviously been the difference for your lot. Hope he breaks the record sooner rather than later!

Yeah it could defiantly go down to the wire for promotion. Mayoral is just a level above not only the rest of my team but the rest of the division I think and is really the only reason we are in with a chance of going up, the sooner he breaks the record the better need him in good form for the run in.

May Update

We play four of our remaining six games this month so it will have a huge impact on the final outcome of the season and it is a tough month as we face two midtable sides and two sides pushing for the promotion playoff spots.

View attachment 38544
We start of the month learning Galovic will miss our first two games of the month with a heel injury in a blow for us.

Lorca 1-0 Mallorca
View attachment 38543
A disappointing loss for us in what is one of our easier games this month. Defederico scored the only goal after 32 minutes pouncing on a rebound to fire in and hand us a disappointing defeat.

The only good thing is that Granada and Osasuna played each other with Granada winning so Osasuna stay level on points with us and Granada leap frog us both to go top and we fall to third on head to head.

Mallorca 2-1 Girona
View attachment 38542We recovered from the disappointment of starting the month with a loss as we take all the points against a good Girona side. Lago Junior opened up the 10 minutes of scoring after 27 minutes, heading in a Ruiz cross unmarked at the back post. Alegria hit back for Girona soon after rising above four defenders to head in a deep cross. Raillo scored the winner soon after, volleying in from a knockdown to get us all three points.

View attachment 38541
In a big blow Sabater will miss the majority of the rest of the season with a thigh strain he picked up in training.

Leganes 1-0 Mallorca
View attachment 38540Again we play poorly this month and Leganes take advantage to claim the win and set us back in the promotion chase. Romero scored the only goal of the game after 65 minutes with a great curling strike that left Uilson no chance and curled just inside the post.

Alcorcon do us a massive favour by beating Osasuna 2-0 which means we are still level with them on points and only behind on head to head.
View attachment 38539
Despite both losing us as Osasuna both claim playoff spots although we will both want to be going up without the need of playoffs.

Albacete 2-2 Mallorca
View attachment 38538In a game full of late drama we are able to ****** a point to keep ourselves in contention for the remaining automatic promotion slot. Bela gave Albacete an early lead with a good header at the back post. Morer scored with ten minutes left to tie the game up, Mayoral squaring the ball to him when the keeper charged out of goal to give him a simple finish. A couple minutes later Nacho had us behind again a lofted cross was met with a textbook header that floated over Uilson and dropped just inside the far post. With us staring near elimination from the automatic playoff spots Mayoral popped up seconds later to score a vital goal and in the process become the clubs record goal scorer, running onto a poor backpass and firing a low first time finish in past the keeper to earn us a point.

View attachment 38537
Not to bad for a player the club hasn't paid a penny for in fees or wages. Hopefully we can extended his loan back to 24 months in the summer after which his contract would be up as I really want to sign him but can't go near the fee Madrid would want for him.

Table
View attachment 38536
We sit two points behind Osasuna with Granada confirmed as being promoted as they are the only top team in good form.

We have two games left as we look to get up into second we face relegated UCAM before travelling to take on Osasuna on the last day of the season in what will hopefully be a key game.

View attachment 38535
I complete my B license and ask for and get permission to go on a course to get my A license.​

June Update

Our last two games as we look to finish second and will have to win both of our games this month to do so.

Mallorca 2-0 UCAM
View attachment 38534
We win against already relegated UCAM to set up a final day game for automatic promotion against Osasuna. Lago Junior put us ahead after 18 minutes with an incredible finish from a tight angle as he blasted the ball inches inside of the far post leaving the keeper helpless. Pedraza reduced the nerves with a goal 15 minutes from time, UCAM never fully cleared the ball and we worked the ball to Pedraza and he curled the ball inside the post to ensure we get the win.

Osasuna also won meaning we have to win on the final day to leapfrog them for second place.

View attachment 38533
Osasuna 0-2 Mallorca
View attachment 38532Having been out of form for much of the end of season run in Mayoral steps up in the key moment and scored twice to send us into La Liga. He scored after 28 minutes turning in a Sastre cross at the near post. He doubled our lead just before half time, an Anotov long ball played him in on goal and he chipped the keeper to start the promotion parties in Mallorca.

View attachment 38531
I have to admit I'm amongst those surprised we got promoted but no one can see it is underserved as we never dropped below third after the first gameweek.

View attachment 38530
I get 12 million euros to spend and about 25% of Messi's wages to create a team that can avoid relegation.

View attachment 38529
The board are thrilled with me and the promotion that the team has managed to gain.

View attachment 38528
The fans however can still take or leave me. They really are a hard to please bunch of fans I get nothing for back to back promotions and Mayoral is only favoured despite firing us to the two promotions and becoming the clubs record scorer in the process.

Final Table
View attachment 38527
We sneak ahead of Osasuna for second and also to bring me joy final day drama sees Fuenlabrada drop two places and take the final relegation spot back down to the third division.​