Raúl González Blanco, oh captain my captain!

AlexanderO

Reaction score

Alberto Toril sacked as coach of Real Madrid Castilla!

A statement on Real Madrid's official webpage confirms that Alberto Toril has been relieved of all of his duties as coach for Real Madrid Castilla. The 39-year old manager, whom spent 6 years as a player at Real Madrid, is thought to have had a bust up with first team coach José Mourinho. Alberto Toril and José Mourinho is reported to have argued about the tactics and playing style of the second team, as well as the rights to contain the two key-players, for Castilla, Álvaro Morata and Nacho Fernández. Reports claims that Florentino Pérez was given an ultimatum by José Mourinho. "It's either me, or him!". Which later led to Alberto Toril getting fired. During Alberto Toril's spell at Real Madrid Castilla he managed to secure promotion last year by winning the Segunda B1 Division and qualifying to Liga Adelante.

However, now begins the search of a new manager to take charge at the Alfredo Di Stéfano-stadium. Sources close to the mighty Madrid club claims that Real Madrid "C" manager Manolo Díaz is leading the charge for the job. Although candidates like Real Madrid legend Fernando Morientes, former Real Madrid player Rubén de la Red and Spain U21 coach Julen Lopetegi is all in the race for the job. More news to follow surrounding Real Madrid Castilla.

Raúl González Blanco takes charge over Real Madrid Castilla!

HE IS BACK! The heart of Real Madrid, the white prince, the captain of Madrid. Dear child has many names. The biggest legend of Real Madrid history, Raúl González Blanco, is back in his beloved club. Not as a player, as the faithful Real Madrid-fans have seen him througout his 18 years at the Madrid based club, but as a coach of Real Madrid Castilla. Following the sacking of former coach Alberto Toril the second team of Real Madrid have been searching for a replacement and what a replacement they have found! Madrid born Raúl made a staggering 741 apperances, which is a club record, for Real Madrid during his spell at the club. But thats not the only record he holds at Real Madrid. He is currently sitting as topscorer for the club with 323 tallys for Real Madrid, a record that will take some time to break. Having represented all Real Madrid's division teams, Real Madrid "C", Real Madrid Castilla and the first team, Raúl certainly knows what it takes to get the players of the academy to go all the way like he himself did. This is what Raúl had to say, after having been presented as new coach of Real Madrid Castilla earlier this morning:

"First of all I want to say thank you to all the Madridistas who has welcomed me back to my home. It's a wonderful feeling to be back where you belong and where you feel loved. I love you all. Second, thank you Mr. Florentino Pérez and the club Real Madrid for trusting me and giving me the oppurtunity to take charge of Real Madrid Castilla. As a Madridista and former player it's with great honour and pride I'm standing here as new coach of Real Madrid Castilla."

"I'm not going to hold a longer speach and bore you all out! But thank you, yet again, for welcoming and believing in me. I remember a couple of years ago when I was standing right here, in this same spot, saying goodbye to all of you Madridistas and MY club. I remember Mr. Florentino Pérez saying "This is not a goodbye, it's more like see you later" and now I'm back home."

"I'm just going to quickly talk about my job as coach of Real Madrid Castilla. I know it's a very young and talented squad and that the team has lost a couple of quality players in the likes of Dani Carvajal and Joselu. But I believe that the new talents will be just as successfull and able to keep Castilla up in Liga Adelante. We have a long journey ahead of us, but together we are strong and able to overcome all obstacles. Thank you and Hala Madrid!"

Madridistas all over the world are overjoyed with the return of their hero and lifetime captain. They are very eager to follow the developments of Real Madrid Castilla and Raúl during the season. Many of them will certainly be hoping to see Raúl develope into the "Real Madrid version" of the successfull "Pep" Guardiola, longtime friend of Raúl. But only time will tell.

Sounds interesting i think somebody already did a story as Raul:p

Sounds interesting i think somebody already did a story as Raul:p
Haha, yeah I just realised it! Will do my best to make it worth following. Going to update a bit later with a review of the squad and upcoming fixtures! So stay tuned :)

This is Real Madrid Castilla!

After having taken charge of Real Madrid Castilla, Raúl immediately begun making changes and putting his own "touch" on the squad and the staff behind Real Madrid's second team. Here follows the transfers made during the summer including both players and staff, aswell as the squad that Raúl has at his disposal. A lot of players moved between Real Madrid Castilla, Real Madrid "C" and Real Madrid U19. With Raúl searching for players to replace the likes of Dani Carvajal, Joselu, Álvaro Morata and Nacho Fernandez. All of whom either have left the club or is a part of the first team squad under the direction of José Mourinho.

View attachment 325537

Squad:
(Bold and underlined words are clickable for images/screenshots.)

Goalkeepers

#1 | Antonio Adán | Born: 13/5 1987 (25 years) | Nationality:
View attachment 325489 | Canterano |
#13 | Jesús Fernández | Born: 11/6 1988 (24 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#25 | Fernando Pacheco | Born: 18/5 1992 (20 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |

Fullbacks

#3 | Jorge Casado | Born: 26/6 1989 (23 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#16 |
Adrián Castellano | Born: 26/6 1994 (18 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#20 |
Fabinho | Born: 23/10 1993 (18 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325497 | On loan from Rio Ave |
#22 |
Joel| Born: 20/9 1992 (19 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |

Central defenders

#4 | David Mateos| Born: 22/4 1987 (25 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |
#5 | Iván González | Born: 15/2 1988 (24 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#24 | Derik | Born: 21/2 1993 (19 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |

Defensive/central midfielders

#8 | Álex| Born: 15/10 1992 (19 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |
#11 | Pedro Mosquera | Born: 21/4 1988 (24 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |
#14 | José Rodríguez | Born: 16/12 1994 (17 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |
#15 | Omar | Born: 2/2 1993 (19 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#18 | Casemiro| Born: 23/2 1992 (20 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325497 | On loan from São Paulo |
#19 | Cristian Benavente | Born: 19/5 1994 (18 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |

Offensive midfielders/Wingers

#2 | Juanfran | Born: 11/9 1988 (23 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#9 | Borja | Born: 2/11 1990 (21 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#10 | Jesé | Born: 26/2 1993 (19 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |
#17 | Denis Cheryshev| Born: 26/12 1990 (21 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325514 | Canterano |
#21 | Lucas| Born: 1/7 1991 (21 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 |
#23 | Jota | Born: 16/6 1991 (21 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | On loan from Celta Vigo |

Strikers

#7 | Raúl de Tomás | Born: 17/10 1994 (17 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |
#12 | Rubén Sobrino | Born: 1/6 1992 (20 years) | Nationality: View attachment 325489 | Canterano |

Comments: A very mixed squad with some young very talented players and with some older players with a bit more routine. Hopefully this mix of players will be to our advantage as we aim to stay up in Liga Adelante. Key players is without doubt former second choice keeper in the first team, Antonio Adan alongside Casemiro, Jesé and David Mateos. Hopefully some of the younger and more talented Canteranos will be able to provide the depth that we need to be able to stay up in Liga Adelante. Although I must say the most exciting player is without doubt my name sake Raúl de Tomás, and due to his name and position I allowed him to wear the number 7 jersey. I know he won't be letting me down!

View attachment 325537

Players in/out:

Comments: As you can see, at the clickable screenshot at "Players in/out", no one were bought during the transfer window and no one were sold. Although some players were transferlisted and I had a few interesting names I believe that the squad is good enough without s
trengthening. Cause the reason with having the Real Madrid Castilla is to let the Canteranos play and now they will get the chance to do that! The only "transfers" that occured were "inside" the club. As a lot of Canteranos moved from either Castilla, "C"-team or U19.

View attachment 325537

Staff in/out:

IN:

Guti | Job: Assistant manager | Fee: Free transfer | Wage: 450 £ / week | Contract: 2014 |
Fernando Redondo| Job: Coach | Fee: Free transfer | Wage: 350 £ / week | Contract: 2014 |
David Carnicero | Job: Fitness coach | Fee: Free transfer | Wage: 650 £ / week | Contract: 2015 |

OUT:

Alberto Toril | Former job: Manager |
Dani Sánchez | Former job: Fitness coach |
Antonio Quincoces | Former job: Coach |
José Prada | Former job: Assistant manager |

Comments: Having played football all my life I have managed to get to know a lot of different people. One player that made a lasting impression on me and my life is without doubt my very good friend and also Real Madrid legend Guti. He was the first person that came to my mind when I got the job and he was delighted to start working with me, as my assistant manager. Having sacked the former coach in the club I knew I had to bring someone in here aswell. I contacted my former teammate and another Real Madrid legend in Fernando Redondo and he accepted the job as a coach. I was about to contact my former striking partner in Ruud van Nistelrooy but he had just striken a deal with Hospitalet to help coaching their U19 squad, so unfortunately he wasn't available. David Carnicero also arrived at the club and in him we get a good fitness coach to help us stay free from injuries and in shape.

Next update: Is the pre-season.
HERE
you can find all the pre-season fixtures.

Should be interesting i remember doing this with Barcelona B and a few years back and one game i would have Bojan, Thiago and Pedro then they would be called up to the main squad! i signed a brazilian who they took straight away!

Sorry but realised that after Real Madrid decided to sell José Rodriguez to Arsenal and David Mateos to Mallorca. I understood that I didn't have any power at all to decide which players to keep or not. So sorry but won't be continueing writing on this one. Took away all the "fun" at being able to use all the Canteranos at Real Madrid.

Sorry but realised that after Real Madrid decided to sell José Rodriguez to Arsenal and David Mateos to Mallorca. I understood that I didn't have any power at all to decide which players to keep or not. So sorry but won't be continueing writing on this one. Took away all the "fun" at being able to use all the Canteranos at Real Madrid.

I understand the feeling. In my "The next Belgian talent..." story I have my manager currently at Porto B. Every transfer window is a war for the players between the B and the U19 side, plus players running out of contract without a warning and without being able to offer them a renewal. It makes one want to take the save and smash it with a hammer. And there's no board interaction to tell the board or the other manager to stop taking my players away, because I'm giving them a much better experience in Portuguese second tier than they'd get in the U19 league. :x

I understand the feeling. In my "The next Belgian talent..." story I have my manager currently at Porto B. Every transfer window is a war for the players between the B and the U19 side, plus players running out of contract without a warning and without being able to offer them a renewal. It makes one want to take the save and smash it with a hammer. And there's no board interaction to tell the board or the other manager to stop taking my players away, because I'm giving them a much better experience in Portuguese second tier than they'd get in the U19 league. :x
Really frustrating.. Sometimes it doesn't seem like the club wants the best for their youngsters, haha! Will check out your story though! :)