Raúl González Blanco - The Final Journey.

TicTactition

Reaction score
335363d1366977778-ra%FAl-gonz%E1lez-blanco-prince-madrid-reincarnation-rgb.jpg

Hello ladies and gents, I will be starting another story as the legendary player Raùl as he delves into management. I previously had a save which I was very successful on and enjoyed it but got deleted and I didn't back the files up so I will try and recreate a similar path to what I have achieved. This will be my last story on FM after 3 previous successful stories. I will be starting unemployed and I will look to build my way up to the top of the managerial ladder and hopefully one day end up at my beloved Madrid winning the La Liga and Champions League.

Raúl González Blanco
Born in Madrid, Spain 27th June 1977

Playing Career: -
1994: Real Madrid (C) - 7 apps 16 goals
1994-2010: Real Madrid - 550 apps 228 goals
2010-2012: Schalke 04 - 66 apps 28 goals
2012-end: Al sadd 8 apps 4 goals

Honours: -

UEFA Champions League alltime record goalscorer.
La Liga - 6
UEFA Champions League - 3
Supercopa de Espana - 4
UEFA Cup - 1
Intercontinental Cup - 2
DFB-Pokal - 1
DFL-Supercup - 1

Raul hung up his boots after a long and successful career which many people have appreciated what he offered to the great Catalans and playing alongside some of the biggest names in football including: Ronaldo, Beckham, Figo, Guti, Roberto Carlos, Iker Casillas and many more. Raul felt the only way he could carry on his legacy would be to manage his way up to the top. But in studying for his coaching badges Raul was a coach for Real Madrid which he admitted in a press conference it would one day be his dream to manage his boyhood club and pay back to the fans what they gave him throughout his playing career. But this would be a long road ahead and he would not get any ideas into his head at this moment in time.

Raul had made it public that he was looking into management a very long time ago and announced he was finally ready to take the helm of a team after much needed time learning the game from a view on the coaching staff of Real Madrid. Before he left a personal message was sent to his phone from Jose Mourinho which read: Good luck in the future and it was a pleasure to have met you, I look forward to meeting you again in the La Liga in the future (ha ha). Maybe this was to be but Jose was a man with alot of time for the players of Real Madrid as from my time on the coaching side I see Jose installed extra confidence in his players with the bond he keeps off the pitch with them. I plan to imply this technique into my management career aswell as playing attractive, attacking football. As a past International player I believe that my name would of been well known in the Football World and would avoid me starting at the lowest of the low. I applied for a few jobs and interesting jobs, but only time will tell who my next employers would be.

View attachment 472068
Anzhi Makhachkala

After finishing my coaching badges at Madrid I was ready for a job. I had advice from alot of people that I should not jump in straight away in the deep end at a top club but I shouldn't settle for less than my standards should match. I had endured a little brief coaching of the Real Madrid u19's while looking for a job. Anzhi fired Guus Hiddink due to poor form in the league. I spoke with lots of friends including Del Bosque asking if this job was good to start my career at. I did alot of background research on Anzhi as they have only recently appeared on the map after the likes of signing Samuel Eto'o and Willian. They only formed as a club just under 25 years ago and they have a goal in mind which the chairman laid down to me. Hopefully I can bring success to Russia in my first managerial venture and learn things along the way.

This is the position of the table I am in at the minute after taking over from Guus:

View attachment 472067

My first game in charge starts against Terek who are currently 2nd in the league so we will have to muster up a big performance to overcome them.

October

View attachment 472066

Just some of our fantastic talents.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 20th October 2012
Dinamo (Makhachkala)

Anzhi 4 - 2 Terek
Traore (29', 72'), Carcela (34'), Eto'o (81')

MOTM: Willian

Excellent performance as my first game in charge in Russia. We completed a good comeback going behind both times and went into half time at 2-2. We intoduced Samuel in the 2nd half and we all just clicked and it went well from there. Willian was excellent with three superb assists and showed why he is one of the best players in this league. The players showed what they are actually capable of achieving today.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 28th October 2012
Luznikhi

Spartak Moscow 2 - 3 Anzhi
Eto'o (21', 30'), Carcela (90+1')

MOTM: Samuel Eto'o

Today we left it very, very late with a beautiful 30 yard piledriver from Carcela but I am disappointed at defensive frailties. We need to improve there more than any other area after four goals shipped in two games. On the other hand the striking force has been excellent and won us both games so far.

Not a bad little start to my managerial career in Russia.

League Table:
View attachment 472054

November
View attachment 472053

This is the month where we will kick on and climb the table.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 4th November 2012
Dinamo (Makhachkala)

Anzhi 4 - 1 Alania
Eto'o (4'), Hubschman (52'), Traore (59'), O.G (65')

MOTM: Tomas Hubschman

The scoreline flatters us, we wasn't as good as the score suggests. Alania had more shots than us and at times looked more dangerous but we was the more clinical which got us the 3 points and a well respected score which we need. When the window reopens I will be looking to update the squad defensively as we need clean sheets to win titles.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 11th November 2012
Dinamo (Makhachkala)

Anzhi 3 - 1 Kuban
Eto'o (27'), Hubschman (31', 90+3'),
Diarra sent off 75'

MOTM:
Tomas Hubschman

We grinded out the result with hard work today which is good team ethic. We was cruising until just short of the break when Kuban scored which changed my team talk massively. We had to go in search of another goal but make sure they didn't get an equalizer. Diarra did us no favors by getting sent off but we came through as a team to win our fourth game in a row.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 17th November 2012
Dinamo (Makhachkala)

Anzhi 2 - 0 Zenit
Traore (77'), Eto'o (82')

MOTM:
Willian

What a fantastic result and performance from our team today. We can be very proud we beat the league leaders and champions in Zenit and the defence was excellent in my first clean sheet of the season. We are gathering pace now and have won every game since I took over. We are getting stronger and growing in confidence every game.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 25th November 2012
Metallurg Samara

Krylja Sovetov 0 - 1 Anzhi
Eto'o (42')

MOTM:
Dzmitry Verkhovtsov

A single goal from Sammy was enough to win it today in absolutely abysmal conditions. The temperature was about -8 with snow covering the pitch; hardly conditions to play football on. Still, we soldiered on and came away with the victory and three points.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 472043
Samuel Eto'o
Scored in every game this month and is a massive influence to those around him.

League Table
View attachment 472042

December

View attachment 472041

A picture midway through a press conference on upcoming opponents, Lokomotiv Moscow.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 1st December 2012
(Dinamo) Makhachkala

Anzhi 0 - 1 Lokomotiv

MOTM: Ali Gadjibekov

We played poor there is no excuse for a performance like that but a poor decision from the referee to award Lokomotiv Moscow a penalty for a reason which I am still yet fazed how has cost us the game and resulted in me losing my first game whilst being manager of Anzhi. I told the lads I was disappointed with their performance and hope they step it up next game.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 9th December 2012
Zvezda

Amkar
1 - 2 Anzhi
Eto'o (20', 58')

MOTM:
Samuel Eto'o

Sammy was the man to give us the points once again. His goalscoring return is sensational and proves he is one of the most deadliest finishers out there still. We deserved to win by a few more today but we will still take three points on any occasion.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 16th December 2012
Dinamo (Makhachkala)

Anzhi 4 - 1 Mordovia
Eto'o (9', 35', 44'), Carcela 76'

MOTM:
Samuel Eto'o

Well Samuel grabs his matchball after a conquering performance and was given a standing ovation after he was replaced in the 72nd minute by Traore. We played fantastic today and we now have a 3 month break till the season restarts. We can look to bring in more enforcements to help us push for the league.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 472033
Samuel Eto'o
Another 4 goals this month for us.

League Table

View attachment 472032

Transfers
View attachment 472001

View attachment 472000View attachment 471999

Two new faces arrive.

Oscar Ustari - The Argentinian goalkeeper was brought in for 800k from Boca and will provide stiff competition for the number one spot and keep us on our toes.

Nicusor Stanciu - Tipped to be one of the best young prospects in football we managed to persuade him to join in January from AC Vaslui for 4.2m. During the break he has shown glimpses of quality and we are looking forward to welcoming him into the team.

March

View attachment 471998

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 10th March 2013
Anji Arena

Anzhi 2 - 0 CSKA Moscow
Eto'o (18'), Willian (90+3')

A great way to start again after the winter break. The players was kept on their toes during the time off and was ready for this game to start it on the running foot. Samuel also netted again which is pleasing for us.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 17th March 2013
Lokomotiv NN

Volga NN 1 - 4 Anzhi
Diarra (18'), Eto'o (22', 71', 83')

Another win for us in the league and yet another matchball for Samuel Eto'o. He is a magnificent individual who shines on the pitch and his influence lifts the performances of those around him.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 30th March 2013
Kuban

Krasnodar 0 - 1 Anzhi
Stanciu (23')

MOTM: Nicola Drincic

We managed to slug a single goal to win the game but Krasnodar was on top form and showed they wasn't going to get rolled over by us. Our defensive problems worsened with a further two injuries and it is leaving us short at the back. We need everyone fit for the last push of the season.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 471995
Willian
Sheer pace and dribbling ability.

League Table
View attachment 471994

April

View attachment 385579
Sammy debating a decision with the official.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 6th April 2013
Arena Khimki

Dinamo Moscow 1 - 4 Anzhi
Stanciu (17'), Boussoufa (50'), Willian (62', 84')

I thought we played brilliant today especially the supporting attacking players in Stanciu, Boussoufa and Willian and they all registered on the scoresheet. We are looking very strong but we need to keep the momentum up.

Russian Cup Quarter Final
Wednesday 10th April 2013
Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv 1 - 0 Anzhi

MOTM: Rasim Tegirbekov

Crash out of the cup at the quarters and to be brutally honest, the Russian cup isn't my top priority aslong as we win the league. I am obviously disappointed we didn't win but it isn't the end of the world as we can now focus on topping the league.

Russian Premier Division
Sunday 14th April 2013
Anji Arena

Anzhi 3 - 0 Rostov
Joao Carlos (21', 65'), Eto'o (82')

MOTM: Joao Carlos

Well after recently staking a spot in the first team, Joao Carlos hasn't done himself any worries with a brace from the back and keeping a clean sheet in the game. It is pleasing to see players fighting for positions and want to be part of this team who has only lost once in the league since I took over.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 20th April 2013
Anji Arena

Anzhi 2 - 1 Rubin
Eto'o (26'), Willian (50')

We played Rubin off the park today and the scoreline doesn't reflect our dominance. They are keeping up the title chase with us and Zenit and in a crucial match we did ourselves the world of good by taking all three points away from them. Yet again Sammy ended up on the sheet along with Willian who was fantastic.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 27th April 2013
Akmat-Arena

Terek 0 - 2 Anzhi
Zhirkov (56'), Eto'o (90+3')

MOTM: Joao Carlos

A excellent way to end the month and with 3 games to go we look in fantastic shape to be crowned champions if we can keep our performances up. Another clean sheet which is pleasing to see for us and makes me go into the final trio of games with alot of confidence.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 471846
Joao Carlos
Defensively stable and organizes very, very well.

League Table

View attachment 471845

May

View attachment 471840

With Zenit losing against Spartak, it handed us the title. There will be many, many parties to have at the end of the season. This is the first title in Anzhi's history and hopefully for the fans and I, the first of many. I am delighted to have a trophy to my arsenal in my first season as a manager. When I took over Anzhi was lying mid-table and going nowhere, we worked hard and fighted for that title this year.

Russian Premier Division
Monday 6th May 2013
Vladikavaz

Alana 4 - 2Anzhi
Joao Carlos (49'), Zhirkov (72')

MOTM: Rudnei

We may have won the title but with disgusting performances like that we won't be winning it next year. Every player looked lethargic and cocky that we have it in the bag. I warned all the players that don't want to give 100% for this club can pack their bags and go immediately.

Russian Premier Division

Saturday 11th May 2013
Kuban

Kuban 0 - 1 Anzhi
Eto'o (30')

MOTM:
Joao Carlos

Again, not at our best but despite that we came away with a win. Onto the last game of the season.

Russian Premier Division
Saturday 18th May 2013
Anji Arena

Anzhi 1 - 0 Spartak Moscow
Zhirkov (1')

MOTM:
Marek Suchy

A single goal win again in the first minute from Zhirkov to win the league by 10 points and being excellent for me throughout the season. I hope when we regroup we can replicate the form from this year and win another title.

View attachment 471833
A proud personal achievement for myself.

Final League Table

View attachment 471832

View attachment 471829

After winning the title I had some news I had to share with the club, fans and everybody associated with Anzhi. I decided I was going to go on a new venture into a different league and try build up my reputation. I am nothing but thankful to Anzhi for being the club to give me my first managerial job and having faith in me to deliver success which I did, but hopefully there is an understanding. I delivered the first ever Russian Division and it will be the first time Anzhi will be ever involved in the Champions League. I left them with a healthy budget and a good squad for whoever comes in to replace me next. I go on to another chapter in my managerial career but with which club?

View attachment 471827View attachment 471826View attachment 471825View attachment 471828

Southampton has to be the choice. Either them or Saint Etienne.

looking forward to following this story, have enjoyed reading all of the other ones from you!!! Good luck and cant wait to see where the next step in your career takes you...

View attachment 471790
Raùl signs 4 year contract at St Mary's.

I am delighted to say that I have chosen to take Southampton forward on a challenge in the best league in the world. I only have one regret in my career which is not playing in the Premier League as I was told stories of how the fans would turn up on the terraces to chant there team on so passionately that sometimes when you was playing it felt there was 40,000 people on that pitch for your team. Besides the fact of that, Southampton came to me with a very healthy approach and the chairman, Nicola Cortese showed me a vision for the club and where he wants to take them. The club has a fantastic reputation of bringing some fantastic youth products through in the years such as: Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott and Luke Shaw. I will be working closely with the youth coaches to try and infuse the players into getting game-time and saving us money on transfers. Many people questioned my move from Anzhi as next year I had Champions League football but managing in the Premier League is a much greater feat in my eyes. We will bring Southampton forward together.

Transfers

View attachment 471788

View attachment 471787
In's

Matt Phillips - Brought in for a bargain fee of 375k. He will be used as a rotational player and we are happy to welcome him to the club.

Facundo Roncaglia - The Argentinian centre back will spruce up the competition for a spot at centre back.

Domagoj Vida - A loan from Dinamo Kiev. Will be back-up to Nathaniel Clyne.

Marcelo Estigarribia - The boy who spent a season on loan at Sampdoria impressed and joins us on a pre-contract agreement.

Denis Stracqualursi - Finishing the top scorer in the Argentinian division for San Lorenzo doesn't just happen by chance, he had a brief spell with Everton two seasons ago so he will prepare himself ahead of this season.

David Ospina - Another free transfer from OGC Nice and will be chose as our first choice keeper for the season.

Nenad Milijas - A constant performer at Wolves when he was there he joins us from Red Star for free.

Marco Capuano - The Italian youth international was offered to us for a bargain fee of 3.9m and we used that option to buy him.

Jose Angel - The left back has undoubted quality and will provide competition for young Luke Shaw.

Ishak Belfodil - The marquee signing of the window for 7m. We needed a striker to spearhead our attacks and young Belfodil showed he is a all-round striker to provide that for us.

Andy Carroll - Brought in on loan as we suffered a injury to Belfodil.

Out's

Billy Sharp -
Sold to Blackpool for 1.9m who was deadwood on the squad and we couldn't afford to keep him.

Jamie Mackie - Same as Sharp, I believe we can get better quality for our team.

Jos Hooiveld - After a influx of defenders Hooiveld wasn't an option.

Danny Fox - Already back-up to Luke Shaw 500k was a good deal for both parties.

Jose Fonte - 500k for Fonte as he was part of our clear out.

Tadanari Lee - Hull seemed happy to pay 1.7m for his services while we wasn't going to miss him.

Jay Rodriguez - Debatable whether to let Jay go but I feel we have 2 or 3 better strikers than him and when Stoke offered 5m I thought it was a good deal for the club.

Last edited:
I love signing of Ishak Belfodil...when i played with Parma he scored 143 goals in Serie A and had loads of assists too for me in 5 seasons

Pre Season

View attachment 471785

FC Lustenau 1907 0 - 3 Southampton
Stracqualursi (44'), Lambert (50'), Ramirez (88')

First Vienna FC 1894 1 - 2 Southampton
Roncaglia (35'), Stracqualursi (44')

FC Gratkorn 1 - 3 Southampton
Stracqualursi (30'), Seager (78'), Young (81')

Eastleigh 1 - 3 Southampton
Phillips (2'), Milijas (35'), Stracqualursi (45')

Southampton 2 - 2 Olympiakos
Capuano (57'), Shaw (63')

We end the pre season with some very very good results and are well prepared for the start of the season against Manchester United. We will have to work hard this season but we are certain we can reach our goals of the top half of the table.