Raúl González Blanco - The Final Journey.

I love signing of Ishak Belfodil...when i played with Parma he scored 143 goals in Serie A and had loads of assists too for me in 5 seasons

I hope I can get the same sort of return from him. I was after a marquee signing but I have faith!

August

View attachment 471566

We have brought in two deadline day signings in Nicolas Gaitan from Benfica and Nathan Redmond from Birmingham. For a combined fee of 15m. We have strengthened alot during this window.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 17th August 2013
Old Trafford

Man Utd 1 - 1 Southampton
Carroll (40')

MOTM: Nathaniel Clyne

What a fantastic performance today at Old Trafford. We should of come away with all three points until Hernandez popped up in the 85th minute but a draw was a fair result for us. Andy Carroll hurt United today by his physical presence which they didn't know how to handle.

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 25th August 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 1 Tottenham
Ramirez (24', 41')

MOTM: Gaston Ramirez

Well where to start with this performance.. I am yet again delighted at the work ethic of the players which is making things on the pitch alot easier for us and Tottenham will be up there this year but we battled well and Gaston bagged brace for himself and the three points for us.

Capital One Cup Second Round
Wednesday 28th August 2013
John Smith's Stadium

Huddersfield 2 - 5 Southampton
Phillips (9'), Carroll (20', 22', 25', 31')

MOTM: Andy Carroll

The Andy Carroll show. That is all.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 31st August 2013
Portman Road

Ipswich 2 - 2 Southampton
Ward-Prowse (2'), Phillips (88')

MOTM: Tommy Smith

A little disappointed with this result as I think we will be above Ipswich this year and have more quality than they do. It will be seen as two points dropped rather than one point gained.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 471542
Andy Carroll
The big man has terrorized teams this month.

League Table
View attachment 471541

September

View attachment 471078
A fantastic example of a person who came from nothing to having nearly everything you could wish for.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 14th September 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 0 - 1 Chelsea

MOTM: Jack Cork

Cannot fault the effort from one individual in our team today. We may have lost but every player wants to fight and die for that shirt and we have players on the field who are cherishing to be playing for Southampton. When you come up against a team like Chelsea you would happily settle for anything from the match but we didn't get that.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 21st September 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 3 - 0 Swansea
Gaitan (50'), Redmond (66'), Stracqualursi (90')

A victory which was fought for. Things wasn't going our way in the first half and we came out with guns blazing second half for Nicolas Gaitan to score on his debut for the club and new signing Nathan Redmond to also net whilst Denis Stracqualursi scored on a counter attack. A very good win today for us.

Capital One Cup Third Round
Tuesday 24th September 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 3 - 1 Sheff Wed
Phillips (8', 21'), Belfodil (42')

MOTM: Matt Phillips

We can put in a good run for this cup if we take it seriously this year and it will be taken very seriously whilst im in charge. Matt Phillips gave us a headache to why he isn't being a regular in the team with a spectacular brace today and Ishak Belfodil netted his first goal for the club which could see him starting the next game for us.

Capital One Cup Fourth Round Draw:
Tranmere v Southampton

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 28th September 2013
KC Stadium

Hull 2 - 2 Southampton
Belfodil (40', 62')

MOTM: Ishak Belfodil

I was a little disappointed today not to grab three points at Hull. We should be beating teams like this to secure our ambitions of top half. Some players didn't turn up today though and let some of their teammates down. We start again and make things right next month.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 471050
Jack Cork
Solid performances in the middle from the young Englishman

League Table

View attachment 471044

October

View attachment 386768

I took on the role of England u21 manager to help build up my CV and give me a chance to see what international management is like. I have players in this team which also play for Southampton such as Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse and Nathaniel Clyne.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 5th October 2013
Britannia Stadium

Stoke 1 - 2 Southampton
Capuano (40'), Redmond (90+3')

MOTM: Martin Capuano

A match in which we won at the death. Nathan Redmond at the age of 19 is impressing quite alot of people and has been tipped for big things in the future. We also showed fighting spirit required to keep going to the end.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 19th October 2013
Anfield

Liverpool 2 - 1 Southampton
Schneiderlin (50')

MOTM: Luis Suarez

We was unlucky yet again today and only lost by a single goal deficit. With a few additions I believe we will actually be able to give Liverpool a decent challenge. We wasn't that far off them and they didn't look anything special.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 26th October 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 3 - 0 Cardiff
Phillips (16'), Gaitan (57'), Carroll (71')

MOTM: Stoppila Sunzu

Another strong performance at home and a clean sheet to go with it. Cardiff is a tough team who are well organised but an early goal made them have to come at us to find a goal where we plugged holes in their defence for counter attacks.

Capital One Cup Fourth Round
Tuesday 29th October 2013
Prenton Park

Tranmere 4 - 3 Southampton (AET)
Belfodil (55', 63', 106')

Utterly disappointed in the team today and I let them know of my disappointment by giving them a talk after the game that if they cannot motivate themselves against Tranmere in a cup match what would it be like if it was Barcelona. After the game, players came out and publicly apologized for their performances which was a good move.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 470846
Ishak Belfodil
Only positive player in the cup defeat and has had good performances in the league.

League Table
View attachment 470845

November

View attachment 470612
Me during a quick press conference before our game against Arsenal.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 2nd November 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 1 West Brom
Vegard Forren (17'), Gaitan (58')

MOTM: Vegard Forren

Another good fought win against a side who will be finishing in a similar position as us come the end of the season. We need to stop shipping goals though and keep a tighter defense to progress as a team but this is something I can look at in January.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 9th November 2013
Etihad Stadium

Man City 3 - 1 Southampton
Belfodil (56')

MOTM: Yaya Toure

When you compare Manchester City's spending to ours the result would be expected but we put up a fight till they got their 3rd in injury time which they deserved. We hope to hopefully now put a run together and stabilize a good position going into the new year.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 23rd November 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 1 - 2 Fulham
Lallana (5')

MOTM:
Brede Hangeland

One of those games which we could of cemented in the first half but we sat back on our lorals and thought it would see itself out, it didn't. We lost a massive three points which could have plunged us further up the table but we leave ourselves with the job of Arsenal in the last game of the month.

Barclays Premier League
Wednesday 27th November 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 2 Arsenal
Gaitan (30'), Lallana (88')

An excellent performance and much better than last game. We managed to get a late equalizer through Adam Lallana who has stepped up his game recently and is meriting a starting place ahead of others. We end the month on a positive note and hope we can have a good month in December.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 470603
Nicolas Gaitan
Since his arrival he has had 4 goals in 9 games and is a brilliant dribbler of the ball.

League Table
View attachment 470601

England u21's

View attachment 470598

Sitting in a good position for the qualifiers after Stuart Pearce left us to become the manager of the National team we have some very very good players at our disposal and some I am fairly used to watching day in and day out.

View attachment 470593

As you can see we have gone for the 4-2-3-1 approach, the same as my tactic at Southampton. It is a tactic which I believe lets the attacking midfielder in the centre have a free role and be the main dictator. The Wingers also are further up the pitch which gives them a license to roam and run at players more directly while the Striker is provided with lots of support when we are attacking and is not short of options. Players from Southampton which are in this team include: Nathan Redmond, James Ward-Prowse, Luke Shaw and Jay Taylor. This will let me have a deeper look at my boys aswell at international level but I have a job for the England U21's not to use them for the development of Southampton, they are there because they deserve it. We go on to play two qualifying games this month.

European U21 Championship Qualifiers
Thursday 14th November 2013
Rohonci Ut

Hungary U21's 0 - 3 England U21's
Zaha (13', 42', 82')

MOTM: Wilfried Zaha

Introduced to a hat-trick from Man United's Wilfried Zaha. He is a talent which will only keep on growing and he claimed the matchball in my first game in charge but had him team mates to credit for making the chances for him in an excellent display for England, we play Slovakia next.

European U21 Championship Qualifiers
Monday 18th November 2013
Stadium Of Light

England U21's 4 - 0 Slovakia U21's
Sterling (20'), Zaha (35'), Redmond (37', 58')

MOTM:
Nathan Redmond

Another victory for us in the qualifying stage. We look pretty comfortable and my first two games we have put in some good shifts which will see us always come good. Nice to see a Southampton boy getting Man of the Match although it could of been anybody. I am delighted I have taken this job as it gives me chance to promote players and prepare them for representing their country at the top level, one of the best feelings ever.

European Qualifiers Table

View attachment 470591

Love this man will definitely keep following :)

Good story. Will try to follow but I usually forget to check this section of the forum.

December

View attachment 470153
Would their be Turkey and Wine this Christmas for us Saints?

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 1st December 2013
Carrow Road

Norwich 1 - 3 Southampton
Belfodil (12', 71'), Sunzu (25')

Nice to get the month away with an away win at Carrow Road. We should have had more but we can settle for three points and a Belfodil brace which he seems to have finally found his goalscoring touch and will be a vital player for us now he has adapted to the pace of the game of the Premier League.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 7th December 2013
Dave Boleyn Ground

West Ham 3 - 2 Southampton
Schneiderlin (57'), Carroll (79')

MOTM: Nicki Billie Nielsen

We played absolutely shambolic today and West Ham didn't have to work atleast once for either of their three goals as they was all defensive errors which allowed them to score. I am very angry today in a game which was very much winnable and there for the taking but we didn't do it.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 14th December 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 1 - 2 Newcastle
Vegard Forren (53')

MOTM: Vegard Forren

Hardly much to say about this game except the lack of chances which we created. Funny that Vegard Forren should score against Newcastle as we have had a deal in place for him to head to the North-East outfit in January for 10M+ add ons.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 21st December 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 0 Wigan
Belfodil (68', 90+2')

Another two for the Algerian frontman who has come into form after his shaky start but now he seems to be improving with every game he plays and is growing in confidence. Most people forget he is still 21 and is growing as a footballer aswell as a player in the Premier League.

Barclays Premier League
Thursday 26th December 2013
Goodison Park

Everton 4 - 1 Southampton
Cork (38')

MOTM: Darren Fletcher

We looked to still be recovering from Christmas blues the day before as Everton ripped us apart and made us look like relegation fodder in this match which they was absolutely brilliant but we didn't match them in areas. We wasn't the worst but we need to find a consistant rhythm in the league.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 28th December 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 0 Aston Villa
Gaitan (32', 40')

MOTM: Nicolas Gaitan

Better performance and we pushed Villa back all game allowing them to only have 2 shots on target all game compared to our 15. Nicolas was brilliant today and terrified their right-back Alan Hutton who looked like he wanted to go home early. We head into the final game of the month against Manchester United.

Barclays Premier League
Tuesday 31st December 2013
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 0 Man Utd
Sunzu (13', 90+4')

MOTM: Stopilla Sunzu

Well the Zambian defender will truly be remembered for years by Saints fans after his brace against big boys Manchester United. Both goals came from set-pieces. We have to take anything we can against teams like these. He has been in and out the team regularly but after a few goals this month he may finally have pushed himself a first-team place if he is willing to make it his.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 470152
Ishak Belfodil
Another four goals this month for the young man.

League Table
View attachment 470151

January
Transfers

In's

View attachment 469857View attachment 469856View attachment 469855View attachment 469854

PlayerClubFee
Rory KingDerry City100k
Michael DevlinSt.Pats95k
Roberto AltaminaroBoca Juniors3.6m
Jake CampbellWrexham 1m

All players brought in are youngsters, they are for the future and I hope that they all have a big impact at the club. We are a team building for the future and we have high targets set for a big future at the club. We also brought in more players for replacement places for players outgoing with high wages.

Outs

Player
ClubFee
Vegard ForrenNewcastle10m
Marcelo EstigarribiaFlamengoloan
Maya YoshidaUdinese1.3m
Rickie LambertStoke1.5m
Denis StracqualursiTorino1.8m
Manuel PamicFulham700k

Some players I was sad to let go such as the legend Rickie Lambert who will be labelled as a very good player in Southampton history and a prolific goalscorer at lower levels, I really hope he succeeds at Stoke. Also Denis Stracqualursi didn't settle in how we would have pleased but a transfer to Italy and 25% of the next fee was best for all parties. Forren for 10m was good business and we can do better with the money.

January

View attachment 469853

English FA Cup Third Round
Saturday 4th January 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 3 - 1 Burnley
O.G (19'), Phillips (60'), Belfodil (90+2')

I am delighted with this victory as it is a cup victory. I love to go on a cup run and would like to win a cup competition as boss. I have heard magical stories about the FA Cup and the tale of how much love the English fans for it so hopefully we can go all the way.

English FA Cup Fourth Round Draw:
Notts Forest v Southampton

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 11th January 2014
White Hart Lane

Tottenham 1 - 0 Southampton

Cannot fault the effort today against Tottenham and the lads gave 110% and if results was given for effort we would have won the game but it doesn't work like that. I'm not disappointed, we start again next game.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 18th January 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 3 - 0 Ipswich
Lallana (33'), Gaitan (40'), Belfodil (57')

Since the arrival of Nicolas from Benfica, the midfield looks more of a unit when attacking on the flanks. Our front three look alot more settled and have created more chances, his return is brilliant aswell, already 9 goals and 6 assists since his arrival. I was also pleased to have kept a clean sheet today.

English FA Cup Fourth Round
Sunday 26th January 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 3 - 1 Notts Forest
Belfodil (1'), Gaitan (39', 90+1)

Yet again another brilliant display by Nicolas with a brace and a assist. Ishak looks to finally be comfortable and has a goalscoring touch. We should have made the goal tally bigger but beggars can't be choosers and we will carry the victory into the next round.

English FA Cup Fifth Round Draw:
Southampton v West Ham

Barclays Premier League

Wednesday 29th January 2014
Stamford Bridge

Chelsea 1 - 0 Southampton

MOTM: Marco Capuano

We lost against Chelsea but realistically we don't expect to pick up any points against the top four and we will take anything that we can get, only a single goal margin suggests we wasn't far off and was defensively excellent. We have progressed as a team in the year and a few additions will sort us out next year.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 469799
Nicolas Gaitan
Been excellent this month with goals, assists and overall beautiful football.

League Table
View attachment 469798

February

View attachment 388308
We have to carry our fine form into February

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 1st February 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 1 - 0 Hull
Altamirano (43')

We managed to grind out a tight victory today against Hull in a very scruffy match. The ball was rarely ever on the floor and the match consisted of alot of stop-start play. I am delighted to say that young Roberto Altamirano got his first goal for the club on his debut.

Barclays Premier League
Tuesday 4th February 2014
The Liberty Stadium

Swansea 1 - 3 Southampton
Lallana (71'), Mayuka (81', 90+1)

MOTM: Emmanuel Mayuka

A very good victory against a well organised Swansea team which it took us till the 71st minute to equalise against Swansea then we went crazy infront of goal with Mayuka getting a brace on his first start of the season. Two wins in a row for us.

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 9th February 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 2 Stoke
Gaitan (45', 61')

Well a game of two halves today. In the first half we may aswell have not turned up but turn the half and its the best we've played all season and Asmir Begovic kept Stoke in the game. My grilling at half-time must have got inside the lads heads. Nicolas had yet another fantastic game and has proved his value since joining us from Benfica in August.

English FA Cup Sixth Round
Sunday 16th February 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 1 - 0 West Ham
Redmond (17')

We make progress into the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. West Ham was set up very solid as a unit and gave nothing away. We got a very good counter attack and Nathan was there to pop home what proved to be the only goal of the match and the winning one which I was delighted with. This month has been very solid and I want more of the same in the last third of our season.

English FA Cup Quarter Final Draw:
Sunderland v Southampton

View attachment 469313

Very winnable draw and Sunderland are now a nPower Championship team and are struggling in that but we all know what can happen in the cup and we will go into this tie not giving them anything and like hungry dogs waiting to attack.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 388417
Marco Capuano
Been very solid at the back and ensured we have conceded few goals possible. One to keep an eye on.

League Table
View attachment 469312

March

View attachment 469233

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 1st March 2014
Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff 1 - 3 Southampton
Ward-Prowse (11'), Redmond (46', 80')

MOTM: Nathan Redmond

Both of the England U21 internationals did enough to bring the spoils home for us today. James has been in and around the team this year and has sometimes had a good run in the team before being left out but he is only still 18. Nathan has been a regular starter and showed why we paid 5m for his services. Redmond is only 20 himself and is still improving.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 8th March 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 2 - 3 Liverpool
Belfodil (41', 72')

MOTM: Luis Suarez

We came up short against Liverpool again due to a fantastic game from Luis Suarez. He is the best individual I have seen dribbling with a ball since a certain Zinidine Zidane. He caused us problems all day and even with Ishak netting two we couldn't prevent a loss to Liverpool. The effort was there though which was pleasing.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 15th March 2014
The Hawthornes

West Brom
3 - 0 Southampton

MOTM: Markus Rosenberg

We was terrible today and let an average player in Markus Rosenberg receive a hat-trick. These sort of games determine where abouts we are. I am glad to announce that I have agreed pre-contracts with two strikers, a midfielder and a defender to join on bosmans next year to beef the squad up.

Barclays Premier League
Wednesday 19th March 2014
St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 1 - 1 Man City
Altamirano (12')

MOTM:
Gaston Ramirez

Delighted with this result today against Man City. There spending power would suggest that they should roll us over and be an easy result. Even after going a goal down inside the opening two minutes we kept grafting and got what we deserved today. I hope we carry the attitude onto the end of the year.

English FA Cup Quarter Final
Saturday 22nd March 2014
Stadium Of Light

Sunderland 2 - 4 Southampton
Capuano (57'), Phillips (67', 81'), Ramirez (73')

MOTM: Adam Lallana

Well another game of two halves. We was 2-0 down at half time and looked down and we was crashing out in the Quarter-Finals. But after a battering teamtalk at half-time in which I questioned their loyalties they went out there and proved me wrong. Four second half goals and a hat-trick of assists from Adam Lallana proved to be enough for us to advance to the semi-finals of the cup.

English FA Cup Semi Final Draw:
Aston Villa v Southampton
Arsenal v Chelsea

Very winnable tie against Aston Villa in which we defeated them earlier in the season 2-0. We will go into the game full of confidence and if we reach the final we will play one of the top four teams. But we are not there yet and will make sure we give everything we have to get to the final.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 29th March 2014
Emirates Stadium

Arsenal 1 - 1 Southampton
Belfodil (14')

Another very credible draw but 4 games in the league without a victory. We hung on till the 73rd minute until Aaron Ramsey gave us worries towards the end of the game but we managed to cling on. We see this month as we picked up two massive points but could have had a better result against West Brom.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 469228
Ishak Belfodil
Ishak has carried on his goalscoring touch.

League Table
View attachment 469225