shootie

Sergi <3
Reaction score
Hey people, In some of my previous stories Ive used teams such as Fiorentina and Ajax. Both were pretty big teams in their respective league. Now to prove myself I am going to do a Racing one. Ive always followed Racing in the Spanish league and I had a pretty enjoyable game with them on FM 08.

--------------------------------------------------------------

SkySportsheader.png

La Liga

Last Updated: 25th August 2009 @ 14:53 GMT

Racing Santander

100px-Racing_de_Santander_escudo.png

Founded: 1913
Liga BBVA wins: 0
Domestic Cups: 0
Other: 2 (x2 Liga Adelante)
2009/2010 Pre-Season Perdiction: 12th
2009/2010 Final Position: N/A

Current Manager: shootie (July 2009)
Managerial Honours: 0

Current 1st team Squad:

* On Loan

Goalkeepers

1 Fabio Coltorti
12 Tono

Defenders

2 Oriol (VC)
3 Christian Fernandez
4 Henrique*
5 Marc Torrejon
22 Nasief Norris*
23 Pablo Pinillos

Midfielders

6 Pape Diop
7 Luis Garcia
8 Pedro Munitis (C)
10 Sergio Canales
11 Toni Moral
13 Gonzalo Colza
15 Felipe Bastos*
16 Mehdi Lacen
17 Manuel Arana
18 Eneko
21 Luisma

Forwards

9 Xisco*
14 Montorras*
20 Uri
24 Raul Martin

Ground:

El Sardinero
Santander, Cantabria, Spain

110-0.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

SkySportsheader.png

Racing Santander

Last Updated: 28th August 2009 @ 22:14

Racing Santander's Pre-Season

n_racing_de_santander_christian_fernandez_salas-4970.jpg

Christian Fernandez stood out during Pre-Season

Racing have had a impressive Pre-Season, they started with a brave 2-0 loss to Real Madrid followed by hammering Montijo 7-0 and drawing a blank with Recretivo before beating Betis, Ecija and Cadiz; 1-0 2-0 and 3-0 respectively.

Shootie's boys will take great confidence in the fact that they only conceded twice all Pre-Season, at that was with 10 men against Real Madrid. Up the other end of the pitch Luis Garcia and Loanee Montorras both lead the scoring charts with 3 apiece.

Setting up the goals from a unlikely position was Christian Fernandez. The left back was given full license to bomb down the wing and created 3 goals doing so, a great return. Racing face Zaragoza on Sunday in the opening game full of confidence after a solid pre season.

Good luck buddy. As you may know after my Espanyol story, I follow the Spanish league regularly now. I shall follow this too. Good luck again.

Brilliant layout my friend,but i think you forgot to put what the * means. Like, i'm pretty sure they mean loans,like but still :p
Good luck!

Mike: Thanks :) I love managing in the Spanish league too, think its the country ive spent the most time in in every manager game. I was a quiet follower of your Espanyol story, it was a bit of inspiration to make a mid-table club a top one like im trying to do here.

RTW: Thanks again, Edited that XD cheers mate.

Update should come soon, maybe tonight before I drift off or tomorrow XD.

SkySportsheader.png

Racing Santander

Last Updated: 2nd October 2009 @ 12:34 GMT

August/September

defensa_Racing_Pablo_Pinillos_anticipa_Angel_Lafita_Zaragoza.jpg

Pinillos (right) scored 4 penalties this month

Racing sit in 4th place in La Liga after a impressive yet at times inconsistent month. It started with a bore draw at Zaragoza but then they won their next three games against Valladolid, Sporting and Osasuna. The latter coming in a 5-0 win. However a 5-2 defeat at Espanyol despite at one stage leading 0-2 didnt effect team spirit. As the next game they comfortably beat Athletico Madrid 3-1.

Leading the goalscoring so far is center back Henrique, who has headed in 4 goals including two against Athletico. Also with 4 is Wing Back Pinillos, who slotted away all 4 penalties given to Racing this month, Luis Garcia and Montorras have 2 each while Xisco and Diop have 1. A real creative force in the absense of Sergio Canales to the U-20 World Cup has been Toni Moral, who created 3 goals this month.

Racing will really fancy picking up points in October, as they play Mallorca, Tenerife and Almeria.

View attachment 56916

View attachment 56931

Last edited:
SkySportsheader.png

Racing Santander

Last Updated: 1st November 2009 @ 18:57 GMT

October

07_300x212.jpg

Xisco scored in 3 games in October

Racing have had a unbeaten October and now lie a impressive 4th in the table. The month kicked off with a solid home win over Mallorca 2-1. Racing then travelled to the island of Tenerife, where a 1-1 draw seemed a good result against a spirited Tenerife side. Another away trip to Almeria was tough, but Racing grinded out a win there by a single goal. A unconvincing cup win against Huesca rounded off the month.

Racing's "Box" Formation seems to be grinding them results, and the continued impressive performances of the likes of Christian Fernandez at Left wing back seem to indicate Racing could be on to a top-half finish. Although most fans would be happy with survival, and Racing are well on their way already.

Leading the scoring this month was Xisco, who scored once in the games against Mallorca, Tenerife and Huesca and must surely be attracting the interest of Chris Houghton, the manager of his parent club Newcastle. Christian Fernandez has been attracting the attention of clubs like Lazio in recent times, and why not assisting 3 goals this month again. Racing's November dosent get easier, facing the likes of Villarreal and Champions Barcelona.

View attachment 57031

View attachment 57032

Last edited:
It'll be cruel for you when Canales leaves for Real Madrid :(

Daz

Thanks mate, im enjoying this game :)

Josh

Sure mate, Its a tactic I downloaded here but I have tweaked it heavily to fit a team like Racing and their players.

View attachment 57060

Speakie

I know :( , hes been pretty average so far though, and thats all a part of the challenge as to how I can find a replacement for him at the end of the season.

I wondered how your Wing Backs were like our main scorers, but with that formation I see why, haha.

SkySportsheader.png

Racing Santander

Last Updated: 2nd December 2009 @ 14:43 GMT

November

0.jpg

Messi taking on Fernandez before scoring his 3rd

Racing have slipped to 6th in the table after a very mixed November in terms of results. A acceptable draw at home to Villarreal, followed by dispatching Huesca 4-1 on aggregate to advance in the Copa Del Rey. Another home game saw a comfortable 2-0 win against Athletic Bilbao, before being mauled by a brilliant Lionel Messi-inspired Barcelona 5-0.

The goals were evenly spread in the month, the only player to score more than one was Xisco. Whom scored only two. Other scorers included Sergio Canales and Henrique, the defender who has 5 league goals this season.

So far this season, Toni Moral leads the assist chart. Setting up 5 goals while Sergio Canales is hot on his heels with 5. A tricky December sees the Visits of Real Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla to El Sardinero and away visits to Getafe and Deportivo are not easy games.

View attachment 57617

View attachment 57618

ouch mate, barca are sick
even if they did get torn apart by inter tonight ha :p keep it up brea.

Update coming tonight. Havent had the time to write up one the last few days.

SkySportsheader.png

Racing Santander

Last Updated: 2nd January 2010 @ 11:44 GMT

December

65132_news.jpg

Canales scoring the winner in the win vs Deportivo

Racing have done well to be as high as 7th place at the turn of the year, after only 1 win in 5 in December. The losses to Real, Sevilla and Valencia were close calls and offside goals from David Villa (Valencia) and Kanoute (Sevilla) were signs of Racing's luck this month. A tough away draw to Getafe and a 2-1 win at El Sardinero against Deportivo were the only highlights of the month.

Racing only scored 3 goals this month against tough opposition. Goalkeeper Tono must be thanked for only conceding 6 this month. Sergio Canales's stunning winner against Deportivo was the highlight of the month. Taking on two before smashing a wonderful top corner finish.

A busy January includes a 2 leg showdown with Getafe in the cup

View attachment 58323

View attachment 58324

Bad News people, save wont load :(.

Gonna do a Wexford story soon, stay tuned for that. Really dissapointed this one didnt last, was a fun save.

Last edited: