ross the red

Chief Hodgson Hater
Reaction score
Hi all,

I needed a new AMC so brought in Van der vaart on season long loan with a pleasantly small agreed price. I've never used him before on FM10 so I didn't just buy him, but he was always great on FM09. So far he has been playing well while Aquilani is injured, but am just wondering how he turns out as have never really made much notice of him on FM10

Imho good back up for team like Liverpool, easily fill in as a starter, good player and shows all round ability, I don't think you can really question his class.

Yeah I always sign Van Der Vaart for Man Utd, you should remember tho that at some point during the season Van Der Vaart decides that he doesn't want to leave Real Madrid so you can't buy him if you wait too long because he just says he is not interested when you offer him a contract. If you want to buy him permanently then you should buy him straight away for the reasons I just mentioned. In one of my games I tried to sign Van Der Vaart permanently for the agreed price near the end of the season but he wasn't interested in even negotiating a contract and when he went back to Madrid he was no longer transfer listed. So don't think that just because you have the agreed price the deal is done, if you want to sign him permanently then you should do it straight away.