rahnkanu

Reaction score
Link to the Tactic: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7131

Nothing fancy, it is a 4-2-3-1 all out attack tactic. Lots of goals, good possesion, lots of wins!

Just a brief introduction first.
I made it because i grew bored with possesion tactics. The main problem with them (IMHO) is that a) they are not offensive enough (not many scoring chances) b) they don't work well away from home, so i decided i'd just play the most attacking tactic i could and see what would happen. Needless to say, it worked great, as i won everything i could with MUnited.

Try it out and let me know what you think!!

No touchline shouts.
Opponent instructions i leave it up to the assistant manager.
Match preparation: after preseason i leave it to balanced and offensive movments.
Pitch size: standard.
Players: fast wingers is a must (ex. Valencia) as are attacking wingbacks (ex. Bale). There is one defensive midfielder and one playmaker.

Note: I'll say it again that i've only tried it with a GREAT manchester united side, as you can see from my players!! This screenshot is from the season after i won everything, so i didn't have ronaldo and papadopolous, but vidic and valencia, but it was still a great team!

Formation:
View attachment 282167

First Season:
View attachment 282181View attachment 282182View attachment 282183

Second Season:
View attachment 282184View attachment 282185View attachment 282186

Some results:

Last edited:
Not really. Not my fault if SIGames can't make the 48 months transfers work properly lol. Also in every game i've played they always transfer list all the top players like Cavani, Falcao, Neymar, Mata, etc.. so you can pick em up for 2/3 their price. Unfortunately (or not?) with every top team in the world (even poor ones like liverpool and milan) you can stack up a team full of wonderkids in the first season.

any chance you could post a screenshot of your season fixtures and results? cheers

updated the first post with first and second season fixtures! I usually go on vacation on the boring matches day, i only play the top 5 or 6 cause the season gets too long too play otherwise.

updated the first post with first and second season fixtures! I usually go on vacation on the boring matches day, i only play the top 5 or 6 cause the season gets too long too play otherwise.
thanks a lot, looking good

With those players is not very hard to be dominant.

a couple of things just to clarify.

The formation in the first screenshot is NOT the formation i won the CL with. i did not have Ronaldo for example. Still i had some of the best players in the game, no doubt about that.
Also i purposely ONLY posted the screenshots of my wins against top teams in europe, and most of them are AWAY from home. I could have posted me trashing liverpool 4 nil but is that really indicative of how good a tactic is? i think not.
The point of this tactic is not creating a lot of CCCs or having 70% possesion but winning. Will it work with a weaker team? i don't know.

The point you guys make about me having a very strong team is obviously valid. I decided to post it because i tried many possesion tactics before (always with good teams) but the problem i had was that i was winning very easily at home and struggling away. Also sometimes i would create a lot of occasions but not score much. I found myself always winning the national league but not the european cup, so i thought other people shared the same problem!

Cheers!