Rahul Dravid to Retire!

sanketutd

Reaction score
I just thought that He deserves his own thread!

Rahul Dravid probably the most technically gifted player ever to grace the game is likely to announce his retirement tomorrow!
He made his debut in 1996 and scoring 95 at Lord's! He has represented India 164 times in Tests and 344 times in ODI's scoring 13288 and 10899 runs respectively!

A True Legend in It's own Sense!

"There was and is only one Rahul Dravid. There can be no other. I will miss Rahul in the dressing room and out in the middle," Tendulkar said.

Kevin Pietersen

"Rahul Dravid-LEGEND!! Plain & simple.. congrats on an incredible career!! India WILL miss #thewall.."

Aakash Chopra

"Extremely emotional to see my hero bid goodbye to cricket. Thank You for the memories. Words fail me. You're a legend. #respect"

Mahesh Bhupathi

"Congratulations Rahul Dravid. Champion on and off the field, showed us all that sky is the limit with hard work, patience and discipline..."

Anupam Kher

"Cricket once was a Gentlemen's game & Rahul Dravid Personified tat.Thanks Rahul for enriching our lives.You'll Never retire in our hearts.:)"

Michael Vaughan

"Rahul Dravid retires.. The worlds most respected cricketer over the last 20 yrs.. LEGEND.."

Sanjay Manjrekar

"Rahul Dravid - Knew the man behind the bat. Not often do you find a person as exceptional as his achievements.."

Ajit Wadekar

“Rahul was like the Great Wall of China for the Indian team and it cannot be created again.”

Nari Contractor

“Like Vijay Merchant, Vijay Hazare and Sunil (Gavaskar) have gone down in history, like Sachin (Tendulkar) will go down in history (when he calls it a day), so too will Rahul go down as among the very best India has produced.”

Sunil Gavaskar

"He was the guy youngsters in the dressing room looked up to. Sachin (Tendulkar) would always be the guy who inspired awe but a lot of players knew Sachin was something special, while they could all be Rahul Dravid."

N Srinivasan

"There is hardly anything for him to achieve...Thank you Rahul, thank you for what you have given to Indian cricket. We wish you very well. The BCCI is honoured that you have been part of the Indian team."

Anil Kumble

"You've been a constant friend and colleague I depended on for advice. You are an inspiration and a role model. You are among Karnataka's finest cricketing sons."

Virender Sehwag

"Jam it was a pleasure & privilege to have playd with u and ur presence in the dressing room alwys added to our confidence. Will miss u lots"

Alec Stewart

"Rahul Dravid is one of the all time greats of the game. One of the top 5 batters I played against. Lara Sachin Ponting Kallis the other 4."

AB de Villiers

"Congrats to Rahul Dravid on an amazing career! You will be missed. Fantastic person and Cricketer! India's #wall"

Shah Rukh Khan

"They say sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence.To me the most vivid & dependable has to be Rahul Dravid."

Saurav Ganguly

"It's really tough to become another Rahul Dravid. It will not happen overnight. It has taken him long to get here."

Harbhajan Singh

"He has been a great motivator and we all looked up to him in the manner he prepares for each and every Test match."

Harsha Bhogle

"rahul called a couple of days to say he was retiring. told him his timing was perfect but that there was a lump in my throat."

Sachin Tendulkar

"There was and is only one Rahul Dravid. There can be no other. I will miss Rahul in the dressing room and out in the middle."

Shane Watson

"He's probably the nicest guy - no he is the nicest guy - that I've met in cricket."

One of the greatest ever batsman. Shame his career deserved to end on winning note.

India will surely miss in him test matches. LEGEND.

One of the greatest ever batsman. Shame his career deserved to end on winning note.

India will surely miss in him test matches. LEGEND.

For me THE greatest ever Test Batsman! Tendulkar is the greatest ever! Sunil, how are the reactions have been in Bangalore?

For me THE greatest ever Test Batsman! Tendulkar is the greatest ever! Sunil, how are the reactions have been in Bangalore?

No way dude. Sachin will always be at top. I haven't gone out, busy with work. If he plays in IPL then you can assume what kind of reception he will get.

No way dude. Sachin will always be at top. I haven't gone out, busy with work. If he plays in IPL then you can assume what kind of reception he will get.

It's a matter of opinion you know but I think what he has done for the team nobody has done that! Open the batting,keep wickets,play at whichever position the team wanted.For heaven's sake he has carried the bat once!(Only the 2nd player to do that in cricket history)! Tendulkar is the greatest batsman combining all forms of the game but Dravid is the best ever Test player!

A quote which truely describes him... People say Sachin is God... Ganguly is the God of off side... Laxman is the God of 4th innings... But when the doors of the temple are closed, even God is behind "The Wall"