Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Dont use playmaker or TM settings until you get the ROLE settings correct mate!:)

Dont use playmaker or TM settings until you get the ROLE settings correct mate!:)

Yeah I am playing exactly as youve shown there - 4312.

Can you still get the desired effect of your strikers running onto through balls without the target man selected and using the supply run onto ball?

Whats your opinion on how 4312 should be used as I'm using it to counter attack?

Yeah I am playing exactly as youve shown there - 4312.

Can you still get the desired effect of your strikers running onto through balls without the target man selected and using the supply run onto ball?

Whats your opinion on how 4312 should be used as I'm using it to counter attack?

yes of course, as I said, I would not use TM or Playmaker settings... use the settings I mentioned and have the AMC play through balls often!

Control/Attack only!

Countering involves clearing ball to flanks and stretching the opponents out wide by using quick wingers etc.. playing deep and playing direct/quick football :)

Ok that makes sense as to why my full backs might be hoofing it down the wings and why my strikers are running wide!?

The reason I decided on a counter strategy was the fact im managing a team without the luxury of having world superstars in every position, guessing I was going to be pegged back alot, counter seemed a reasonable choice?

Ok that makes sense as to why my full backs might be hoofing it down the wings and why my strikers are running wide!?

The reason I decided on a counter strategy was the fact im managing a team without the luxury of having world superstars in every position, guessing I was going to be pegged back alot, counter seemed a reasonable choice?

with the right tactic/settings and playing to your players strengths you can do well!

good luck :)

Cheers, your inputs appreciated.
One last thing while it's on my mind.... strikers marking?? I've been ticking and unticking tight marking switching from zonal to man trying to figure out what is best, I'm guessing loose zonal?

Steve

Last edited:
My tactic is currently: 4-5-1/4-3-3. Flatback 4 with wingbacks (attack) DMC (support) 2 CM's set to Attacking Midfield(attack) DLP (defend) Inside Forwards (attack) Advanced Forward. Fluid Control/Attack. Creative Freedom (little). No long long shots no runs with ball and through balls (sometimes). I want a possession based 4-6-0 with the advanced forward becoming an AMC with high pressing & a high line playing offside. What do I need to do with the mentalities of my players to instill the keep ball philosophy and what else do I need to do with my tactic so I still create CCC's? Please help.

Hi Raikan, I'm Wigan, in my 3rd season in CL as well, I just about have a big enough squad to compete in all competitions.

I'm using your swoop there it is tactic and having good success, but the only area's I suffer are in the wing/IF positions. I think it's because they aren't quick enough. Both my current first choice IF's are 29 so haven't got much time left, everytime I play Victor Moses he just doesn't perform, also this is my weak position and I also got Pienaar on loan just for back up really.

Would be greatful if you could recommend some other tactics that could incorporate my wingers and, I would love to play Wilfried and Paloschi as my front 2! Here's my squad:

(Arunas Zuta is a regen, quick poacher type and ok in the air but he's only 19 so rotation/back up striker)

View attachment 263438View attachment 263439

Cheers!

hey raiken , i need good instruction(TI) to 4-2-2-2 tactic , in the middle one BWM and one AP , in the flanks too wingers or Inside Forword if you Advise me to play like that , and 2 poachers or one poacher and one Adv forword/CF
Give me a good instruction(PI) to my Ap in the middle and to my Wingers so they will assists alot , im use 12.0.4 If it matters

tnx​