Raikan007

Reaction score
Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread:

Good day to you all, following the success of the same thread for Fm12 I have decided to start one for Fm13 to try and assist you as much as I can with regards to tactics and different idea's or formations you would like to implement or try etc...

Feel free to ask anything you would like advice on regarding tactics here!

Last edited:
Any chance for you to help me create Man Utd diamond tactic that used successfully against newcastle?

thanks in advance

Any chance for you to help me create Man Utd diamond tactic that used successfully against newcastle?

thanks in advance

hey bud,

I made this for Fm12 after the United game.. see if you can import it and make a few changes to it or just see what instructions I have used and design your own one ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s-new-formation-discussion-tactic-thread.html

for the one above:

1) push up the DLP into CM and push the DM into the central DM role
2) push one of the wider AM's into the striker position and edit the roles to suit the player..
3) then drop the central AMC into the CM and leave the other wider AM as the new central AM :)

Raikan007 .. i am a big admirer of your work .. in this incarnation of FM i would like to make my own tactic similar to my habbit in fm06 and fm07 .. I always pick Chelsea and I love always to emulate them in tatics and transfers .. what is your take on their tactics ans what roles do u suggest to construct a similar 4-2-3-1 ??

Raikan007 .. i am a big admirer of your work .. in this incarnation of FM i would like to make my own tactic similar to my habbit in fm06 and fm07 .. I always pick Chelsea and I love always to emulate them in tatics and transfers .. what is your take on their tactics ans what roles do u suggest to construct a similar 4-2-3-1 ??

cheers bud :)

433 with AMC (Juan Mata)

----------------------Torres (AF)------------------------
Hazard (IF)---------Mata (AM)----------Oscar (IF) (have Mata switch positions with Oscar and have Oscar switch with Eden)
------Ramires (B2B-Mikel (Bwm)-Lampard (B2B)
Cole (FB--------Luiz (CB)--Terry (CB)----Ivanovic (FB)

Short passing/quick tempo/pressing/zonal/high freedom (make sure you lower CB's/FB's and Mikels') High defensive line/wide width

Hi Raikan007,

New member here and loving your website mate.

I've just started a new game with Spurs and have limited success with the 4411 and 4231 was simply painful to watch (lost 6 nil at the lane to Basel!!! So quickly changed that) I have had more success with a 4321 - Balanced - Attacking but its still not great. Do you have any ideas.

Cheers.

Hi Raikan007,

New member here and loving your website mate.

I've just started a new game with Spurs and have limited success with the 4411 and 4231 was simply painful to watch (lost 6 nil at the lane to Basel!!! So quickly changed that) I have had more success with a 4321 - Balanced - Attacking but its still not great. Do you have any ideas.

Cheers.

hey bud, welcome to the Base :) this is not my website lol :) hahha, wish it was! I am just a mod here

this is for Fm13 correct?

by the sounds of things, nothing really works in the beta version so I would not worry too much! supposedly the engine is similar, maybe try and Fm12 tactic?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ete-madness-tactic-433-dm-29.html#post1611884

the beta does seem very shakey in terms of tactics at the moment, one game you can have a blinder, 70% possession, win by 3-0 to a top of the league team, the next game, you loose 4-0 to bottom of the league team.

the engine does seem similar to FM12, but you defo cannot use FM12 tactics and plug and play them into 13. I might have to start watching full matches and tweak some a bit.

I've been wanting to start making my own tactics after shamefully using other people's over the past 2 games. I've found The Tactical Terrier to be very helpful, although its talking about real life football, you can incorporate some of it into FM.

Hi
I need some advice on a tactic for a blue star prem team. been shocking with results and always concede mid second half. as they do not have a transfer budget i am limited to players.

any help would be gratefully received

Hi
I need some advice on a tactic for a blue star prem team. been shocking with results and always concede mid second half. as they do not have a transfer budget i am limited to players.

any help would be gratefully received

just play deep/direct/quick on the counter and wide :)

set player closing down to own half and zonal as not to tire your players out

use a formation that suits your players...

hey bud, welcome to the Base :) this is not my website lol :) hahha, wish it was! I am just a mod here

this is for Fm13 correct?

by the sounds of things, nothing really works in the beta version so I would not worry too much! supposedly the engine is similar, maybe try and Fm12 tactic?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ete-madness-tactic-433-dm-29.html#post1611884

Thanks Raikan007,

I'll have a look at that. I think your right re the beta as im beating a team well one week and getting smashed 4 nil the next week, I think we'll have to wait for the second or even third patch before things settle down on FM13.

All the best.

Thanks Raikan007,

I'll have a look at that. I think your right re the beta as im beating a team well one week and getting smashed 4 nil the next week, I think we'll have to wait for the second or even third patch before things settle down on FM13.

All the best.

it happens every year though :p we have to wait until February to get the official 3rd patch and only then is it good enough to play properly ;) anyway.. we have allowed SI to continue to do this by not making it an issue.. they have a whole year to improve on a game and yet even a year later, we still have the buggiest versions every year :)

anyway..

take care bud and get hold of me anytime you need anything

Thank you, I will try that

hey bud,

I made this for Fm12 after the United game.. see if you can import it and make a few changes to it or just see what instructions I have used and design your own one ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s-new-formation-discussion-tactic-thread.html

for the one above:

1) push up the DLP into CM and push the DM into the central DM role
2) push one of the wider AM's into the striker position and edit the roles to suit the player..
3) then drop the central AMC into the CM and leave the other wider AM as the new central AM :)

433 with AMC (Juan Mata)

Hazard (IF)---------Mata (AM)----------Oscar (IF) (have Mata switch positions with Oscar and have Oscar switch with Eden)

Short passing/quick tempo/pressing/zonal/high freedom (make sure you lower CB's/FB's and Mikels') High defensive line/wide width

Thanks for the advice bud but don't you think the pivot should be deep or I should play the double pivot as cm's ?

433 with AMC (Juan Mata)

Just a quick question. I'm assuming the three in centre mid is a mistake? Because that makes eleven outfield players. I'm not criticising or trying to be sarcastic in any way, just wondering if you knew. While we're on the topic, seeing as your post was about it, can I just point out I don't like the fact that if you play with an AMC and AML/R, it isn't called a 4-2-3-1 any more. Now you have to have three AMCs for it to be that formation, otherwise it's a 4-3-3. Oh well.

Just a quick question. I'm assuming the three in centre mid is a mistake? Because that makes eleven outfield players. I'm not criticising or trying to be sarcastic in any way, just wondering if you knew. While we're on the topic, seeing as your post was about it, can I just point out I don't like the fact that if you play with an AMC and AML/R, it isn't called a 4-2-3-1 any more. Now you have to have three AMCs for it to be that formation, otherwise it's a 4-3-3. Oh well.

yeah sorry mate :) it was meant to be Mikel (BWM) and Lampard (B2B)

well you can call it what you like mate :) I call it a 433 AMC! if I had a DM I call it a 433 DM, thats just me! I dont care who else says what.... :)

Well, it is a 4-3-3 if the wide players are used as forwards. The 4-2-3-1 is with 2 holding midfielders and 3 attacking midfielders supporting 1 forward.

Do You got any idea how to make good tactic to Dortmund?

Do You got any idea how to make good tactic to Dortmund?

of course I do :)

I did something like this for my old Dortmund save the other day, this is actually a tactic I made for them quickly and now am using it for Southampton (came in 4th)

I would suggest maybe setting passing to shorter and using wide mids..