I'd love your help at the minute as i'm not the best FM players, I am with Blackburn on my first season & I'm having no luck what so ever, So I could do with your advice if you can help feel free to.

Cheers

what do you need help with mate :) if you are playing the BETA I cannot assist you as the game is so badly bugged.. sorry

Any thoughts on the following:

I'm trying to create a bit of a random tactic with 2 CBs, Wing Backs, a DM, 2 CMs, a AM and a FC

Having limited success with it so far, Trying to use it as a counter attacking formation with the Wingbacks dropping back when I don't have possesion, but going for a high tempo game when I do.

I'm probably wasting my time with it and it's not worth persevering but it's fairly entertaining trying and just wondered if anyone has any tips on how I could improve it,

Thanks

Cee

if its BETA mate then you are I am sorry :) wait for the update or full release patch..

Hi Raikan. I'm having real trouble creating a successful counter attacking tactic. I know the basics but I'm really struggling with the closing down. If I stand off with a deep line I finish the game with 38% possession and 30+ shots against, even against weaker sides. What's the best combo in defence? Tight man marking or loose Zonal and how much pressing do you use?
cheers in advance.

Hi Raikan. Big admire of your work.

Im playing with Everton. Second season. sold baines. Bought some talents and have have dzagoev now.
Im trying to make an away and a home tactic. Home I like to play fast paced offensive football at home with high mobility in my offensive. And solid defensiv with counter at home. I play 433 atm.
Any suggestions?

Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread:

This is just a very general question, do you start from scratch with every team and build your tactic around them or do you upload a tactic you've had success with and mould it to suit the guys you have?

I only ask because Iv had success and problems with both approaches and Im curious to know which you think is better because even when I start from scratch I find myself building a similar tactic which I suppose is only natural...
Also if you do start from scratch to you intend to transition to a preferred style...

Last edited:
This is just a very general question, do you start from scratch with every team and build your tactic around them or do you upload a tactic you've had success with and mould it to suit the guys you have?

I only ask because Iv had success and problems with both approaches and Im curious to know which you think is better because even when I start from scratch I find myself building a similar tactic which I suppose is only natural...
Also if you do start from scratch to you intend to transition to a preferred style...

this is for anyone wanting to discuss and ask assistance on anything regarding their tactics :)

When playing properly I make tactics from scratch to suit my team, other times I import some of my tactics I have made that have proven good enough when just wanting to have fun etc with other games..

but when the new FM comes out I make new tactics for my team and if they work well I upload them :)

I have certain styles and formations which have worked well in the past Fm's and will most likely implement something similar (depending on my team and players of course)

but I also make strange ones to test out new theories and styles of play

I would recommend making your own around your team and if you need help with it, this is the thread for it :)

have a good day bud

If you go for a 4-1-2-2-1 I'd suggest going for a more fluid passing game instead of trying to play on the counter. Chelsea have a strong team which should allow you to hold up the ball and dominate possession. Have your DM and one of your two CM's whichever you're playing more defensive hold up the ball, this allows your four attacking players time to move and pick out better passes. Try not to have too many runs from deep either, only players that should be doing it are your two wingers and the more attacking CM if you want to bring them into the game more.

You using two AM's or two ST's? If two AM's you may a little more success pushing them out wide to free up a little room in the middle for your CM's to play the ball and to stretch the other team a little. If using two ST's then you have the issue of having a very narrow midfield at which point you'd have more luck playing your wing backs a lot more defensively to stop them getting caught out with balls played through behind them.

hi raikain,
i was interested in the tactical advice you gave qadsawee about chelsea.
But i was wondering what syle and strategy you would use for the tactic and for each player wheather to use attack (a), support (s) or defend (D)?
thanks in advance.

Hi Raikan
I started another A. Madrid save, determined to make them a force to be reckoned with, have already bought Ruben Yttergard Yensen and Simon Kjær and am looking for the right tactic for my team.
Have you got any idea for a tactic? I am currently playing 4-3-3 with 1 dm, 2 cm's, 2 wingers and Falcao on top as poacher or advanced forward, not sure which suits him best.

Some good help would be very appreciated!

Hello Raikan and everybody else in here!
I am struggling with my Arsenal team, to make them play great and find the right tactic, maybe you want to take a look at my team, teaminstructions and my traninggames?!

Team: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3...season1213.png

Teaminstructions: http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3...onsseason1.png

Traininggames:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5927/dundeevsarsenal.png

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4...svsarsenal.png

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2236/...realmadrid.png

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6...svsarsenal.png

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1...lvsfcporto.png

My CB are set to total defense, and i also told my backs to be more defensiv. Want more possession, conceed less goals and create more chances. And by the way i seem to conceed more goals through corner and freekick situationens, something you can help with?

Yo Raikan, always used your training schedules and I'm glad to find a thread like this, could use some help with fm13 :).

13 is a lot more complex than 12 I guess, and a lot harder to get your team running smoothly, so I'd love to get some adice with my new game with Man Utd. Now I say your thread about Man Utd in fm12 but I'm not using the same formation so I think most of the tactical settings aren't suited for my lineup. This is the lineup I'll use:

-----------De Gea-----------
Rafael----Vidic----Evans----Evra
Valencia---Cleverly---Carrick---Young
-----------RVP---Rooney--------

Could you give me some hints considering this formation? I'd be grateful!

Also I wondered if your fm12 training schedules work for fm13 aswell? If not are there already schedules available for downloading?

Thanks!

I'm actually playing on a serie C2 team in italy, ive played another blue square premier team yesterday in my old save (I switched to classic today so i started a new save ;o) well the point is, im using a 4-4-2 with mostly ballanced stats, but a kinda slow tempo, try to do more short passes and go thru the center; well, its not really the point anyways.

the problem is, since I started this FM ive been trying to use a 4-4-2 tacic, and even when i have trying many different sliders and stuff, faster or slower tempo, shorter or direct passes, etc etc, even if i seem to dominate the game some times, I fail at generating goal chances, or more specific, i simply fail on getting the ball to my 2 strikers, is there anything I can do to improve this?

Yo Raikan, always used your training schedules and I'm glad to find a thread like this, could use some help with fm13 :).

13 is a lot more complex than 12 I guess, and a lot harder to get your team running smoothly, so I'd love to get some adice with my new game with Man Utd. Now I say your thread about Man Utd in fm12 but I'm not using the same formation so I think most of the tactical settings aren't suited for my lineup. This is the lineup I'll use:

-----------De Gea-----------
Rafael----Vidic----Evans----Evra
Valencia---Cleverly---Carrick---Young
-----------RVP---Rooney--------

Could you give me some hints considering this formation? I'd be grateful!

Also I wondered if your fm12 training schedules work for fm13 aswell? If not are there already schedules available for downloading?

Thanks!

My thoughts on roles would be this:

--------------------------------------------De Gea (GK Defend)-------------------------------
Rafael (Full back - Auto)----Vidic (Central Defender - Defend)----Evans (Central Defender - Defend)----Evra (Wing back- Attack)
Valencia (Winger- Attack)---Cleverly (Cm/dlp support)---Carrick(dlp defend)---Young (Winger - Support)
-----------RVP(Advanced forward/Complete forward Attack---Rooney(DLP/Complete forward support)--------

Up front you have a brilliant creator scorer partnership, frankly you could just let them be complete forwards and run riot.

Valencia as winger attack has one job, keep the width and massacre his full back.

This gives Cleverley/Scholes more room to operate, moving into the space left by him and RVP.

Carrick's job is to shield and protect the back four, and to use his passing ability as an extra threat we give him a dlp role, lesser gifted players like fletcher would have a central mid/ball winning mid role here.

Young is right footed so we give him a role that doesnt force him to stick to the flank, so he will go both ways. To keep width and create an overlap, we set Evra to wing back attack, so that he attack down to the byline. To protect him, we place our quickest centre defender here. so Evans or Smalling, or Jones when his positioning gets better. Vidic is along side to be the strongest defence as cleverley pushes up. And Rafael has an automatic role, to lend support to Vidic, and be an outlet for Valencia if he is forced back.

Its probably because of the ME, but i cant help but feeling i am missing something when it comes to getting the best out of Rooney and RvP.

I use a 4-3-2-1 and the players and their roles is as follows:

De Gea (GK-Defend)

Rafael (FB-Auto) Vidic (CD-Stopper) Ferdinand (CD-Cover) Evra (FB-Auto)

Nainggolan (BW-Defend) Carrick (DLP-Defend)

J. Rodriguez (IF-Attack) Rooney (APL-Support) Kagawa (IF-Support)

Van Persie (DLF-Attack)

Now, my possession is usualy 60 percent and i have anywhere between 15-20 shots attempted with about half on goal.

However, they are mostly divided between my midfielders.

Van Persie has only about 2-3 shots pr game while Rooney has 0-2.

Individual instructions are:

RvP:

Run with ball-mixed
Run from deep-often
Through balls-often
Long Shots-mixed
Crossing-mixed
Creative Freedom-much
Passing-short

Rooney:

Run with ball-mixed
Run from deep-mixed
Through balls-often
Long shots-mixed
Crossing-mixed
Creative Freedom-Much
Passing-mixed

Could it be because i dont use them together and not as CFs?

Hey Raikan, great work as usual!

I'm struggling to really get the best out of Pirlo. I have him as DLP in the DMC position. I have 'move into channels', through balls often and pretty much everything else at 'rarely'

But he's just not dictating the play the way I want. Or is it more about the other players and making sure they are always available for him?

Thanks.

Looking for possesion-tiki-taka tactic pref modern one dont like using classic? Pleassse :)

I noticed that in FM13 changing Strategy affects individual player's passing style. For attacking players the more attacking the strategy the more direct the passing, for defending players the more defensive the strategy the more direct the passing.

I may be mistaken but in FM12 wasn't only the team Passing style affecting this?

I noticed that in FM13 changing Strategy affects individual player's passing style. For attacking players the more attacking the strategy the more direct the passing, for defending players the more defensive the strategy the more direct the passing.

I may be mistaken but in FM12 wasn't only the team Passing style affecting this?

No, I think this happened in FM12 too.