No, I think this happened in FM12 too.

Thanks for your quick response.

This is what's troubling me. Just to mention I am using the demo here and now I can't check how it is in the full game.

I've chosen a fixed combination of Style-Strategy (e.g. Balanced-Standard although it happens with every combination of Style-Strategy). I am looking at my AML-IF and it happens with both Support and Attack duties: only the Strategy and player's Role and Duty determines the player's Passing style and it can't change no matter what I choose from Team instructions Passing style - Short, Default or Direct?! This happens with most of the roles I checked (haven't checked all of them cause it's very time consuming) but not with all (e.g. CM-D/S or CD).

What I want is to play with more attacking (Control or Attacking) strategy but I also want my IF (Support or Attack) to have passing style between mixed (in the middle) and short. Naturally I choose Short passing style but instead of being reduced it's still fixed. It's only possible to do what I want with manually adjusting the player's Passing style which is ridiculous! I have to to that for all the players that are affected! And if I change the Strategy I have to adjust them all...?! Is this a bug or what? Do you know what do I have to do to deal with this?

Hi Raikan.

I've been wondering - why do you think people make a tactic that has a certain strategy ie Attacking or controlling and than go changing ALL of the specific instructions, which is what you change, when you set the strategy?

In example Attacking is:
19 bars to right in Defensive Line(take it 2 steps to the left of the end - Push up)
14 bars to the right in Width (Normal)
14 bars to the right in Tempo(Normal)
5 bars in Time Wasting
Focus Passing mixed
Counter Attack No
Play Offside No

In short, it is an attacking strategy with a high defensive line(standing high up on the pitch), with little more than normal width and extra tempo for faster play, no counter attacking and very little Time Wasting, which makes sense if you're after a goal.

Why not just leave it all Balanced/Default if you're changing all of the Specific instructions anyways?

Oh and.. have you noticed what the Style changes in the specific instructions some where?

Forgive me if Im wrong.

Hey Raikan, I am a fan of yours. In all FMs I use to manage underdog teams (like Aston villa, Southampton etc) and try to lead them to glory. My favorite formation is 4-4-2 but after playing and testing I have found that my centre midfield can not hold possetion as they are usually outnumbered. For this I think I should play with 1 DMC and 2 CM. However at the same time I don't like the idea of a lone striker. (also I usually play counter style) I am thinking of employing a 4-3-3 tactic with
---------------SCL------SC
--------------(DLF)-----(AF)
------------------------------------- AMR
-------------------------------------(W att)
---------------------CM----CM
------------------(APAtt)--(Sup)
-------------------------DM
----------------------( or Anc)
-----------WBL----DC--------DC------FB
-------------(att)-----(d)--------(d)-----(s)
Do you think this could work? Basically it is assymetric, but the way I see it it has a back 4( which for me is a must in FM as most teamsplay 4-3-3) it has a strong midfield 3, and the right side of the pitch is balanced. On the left side of the pitch I have moved the AML to an STLC position to support more the striker but also help on the wing as possible and I have turned the LB as wing back to partly cover as well the lack of AML. Do you think this would work? or Should I better stick to a classic 4-3-3 formation with AML and AMR? and If I do this should the one winger be IF and the other W? Or both IF?
I am sorry for the big post. Any one else who could answer is welcome

Hey raikan, just wondered what you can do to take advantage of superior condition? I’m playing lower leagues and have quite a big squad and rotate alot to keep players fresh. I’m playing Saturday/Tuesday every week. The opposition start a lot of games with most of their players around 93% condition while mine are 99%.

Obviously this will naturally have a positive affect without me having to do anything. But I just wondered if there is a way of exploiting it even more?

Cheers!

Hey raikan, just wondered what you can do to take advantage of superior condition? I’m playing lower leagues and have quite a big squad and rotate alot to keep players fresh. I’m playing Saturday/Tuesday every week. The opposition start a lot of games with most of their players around 93% condition while mine are 99%.

Obviously this will naturally have a positive affect without me having to do anything. But I just wondered if there is a way of exploiting it even more?

Cheers!

thats not a huge difference mate, if they were on say 85% then it could be..

I would play a quick tempo and use the whole pitch to tire them out, having your players run at them etc..

keep your quickest winger/striker for the last 25 minutes and unleash him on their tired defenders etc..

As usual, every year I like to create my own tactics on fm just to reassure myself that no I can't actually do it and should probably continue just downloading tactics- but hey, there is no harm in trying. This year I have realised that simplicity is everything and in fact you don't need to overcomplicate things to replicate the football that you wish to play.

Typically, I am managing the mighty united (Of Manchester, as its the only united worth talking about obviously ;) )

I think I am going to play with 2 approaches, but with the same basic concepts, attacking possession. However, I intend to do this in a Flat 442, not necessarily for home games, but just for easier games and when I feel like it, and also a deep 4231 ( with wide wingers) for when I really want to bog down the midfield against those top teams in Europe and let RVP run loose against the opposition back line.

Team instructions for BOTH formations:

Fluid
Control

Short Passing
More Expressive Creative Freedom
More Pressing
Zonal Marking
Default Roaming
Default Tackling
Default Crossing

If I am right this should provide my team with a slow and patient possession approach, probing at the opposition defence and yet giving them enough freedom and fluidity to suddenly exploit a gap and slot through a winger/striker. In defence the team will quickly retain possession and then settle back into a steady passing rhythm.

Roles and Duties (Flat 442):

(Don't necessarily take notice of the players in each position, im just finding a balance for the tactic and suggesting what player I might play in that position)

Rafael- Full back (Support)
Evra- Full back (Support)
Ferdinand- Ball playing defender (Defend)
Vidic- Centre Defender (Defend)
Carrick/ Nainggolan- Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend)
Gotze/ Kagawa- Advanced Playmaker (Support)
Nani - Winger (Attack)
Young Winger (Attack)
Rooney- Deep lying forward (Support)
Robin Van Persie - Poacher or Advanced forward?? (Attack)

Roles and Duties (4231 deep with wide wingers):

Rafael- Full back (Support)
Evra- Full back (Support)
Ferdinand- Ball playing defender (Defend)
Vidic- Centre Defender (Defend)
Carrick- Deep lying Playmaker (Support)
Fletcher - Defensive Midfielder (Defend)
Gotze- Inside forward or Advanced playmaker??? (Attack)
Nani - Inside forward or Advanced playmaker??? (Attack)
Rooney- Advanced Playmaker (Support)
RVP - Poacher or Advanced Forward??? (Attack)

I think I have quite a good concept here, there are a few things I am not too sure about. Could you please answer the questions as to what roles and duties i should use for some players- I have left question marks next to the positions I am not sure about. Then, could you check/ consider that my actual Formation and roles and duties are balanced.

Thanks, for the help. I feel I am getting closer to making my own tactics with the creator.

hey was wanting some help with my rangers game im back in the spl and playin cl football but i need help to create a tactic for playing the big boys away from home i just cant seem to get it right. mabey a 4-5-1 with team instrucions or watever i will try anything lol

Hey Raikan,

I need some help badly, i am chelsea ( i always play chelsea)

and i just can't seem to win games? i'm conceding a lot of goals, my players misunderstand eachother and let the ball pass through them to the opposition and i am generally having a hard time winning even against easy teams..

Do you have any suggestions, do strategies? roles for my players, training etc? any help would be immensely appreciated!

Hey Raikan,

I need some help badly, i am chelsea ( i always play chelsea)

and i just can't seem to win games? i'm conceding a lot of goals, my players misunderstand eachother and let the ball pass through them to the opposition and i am generally having a hard time winning even against easy teams..

Do you have any suggestions, do strategies? roles for my players, training etc? any help would be immensely appreciated!

hey bud,

are you playing on the latest patch from Steam? 13.1.3

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...657-awesome-amc%99-raikan007.html#post1632831

Hello, I play for AS Roma but I never fail to win. Can you please advise me what tactic to use? Thank you very much.

Hi Raikan, I'm playing as Aston Villa and have been able to do ok in my home matches but my away form is really poor, I've only won 1 game away all season and I'm 30 games in! I was using your awesomeAMC tactic that I'd modified slightly to suit my players I'd like to be able to play 442 though and introduce Benteke's height to my team as my crosses always go astray at the moment but I don't have the right players to play DMs and I get overrun if I only play 4 midfielders, can you offer me any advice?

Struggled heavily with the tactics this year. Now playing a 4-4-2 with Juventus. All I've done between home and away game is swap from Attacking to Counter and move my DLP central midfielder to a DLP defensive midfielder. Nothing else. Confused why such a plain tactic is working so well as I currently remain unbeaten in Serie A after 12 games. I've lost only once to Dynamo Kyiv.

Has anyone else struggled with the tactics this year?

Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread:

Good day to you all, following the success of the same thread for Fm12 I have decided to start one for Fm13 to try and assist you as much as I can with regards to tactics and different idea's or formations you would like to implement or try etc...

Feel free to ask anything you would like advice on regarding tactics here!
Can you suggest best formation & tactic for short passing/possession football style to play in lower leagues like BSN or BSS divisions?. I've tried a few, but can't seem to get it right!.

Has anyone played around with making a very attack oriented defensive midfielder?

I play "christmas tree formation" with 3 CMs currently. Outside CMs hold position and recycle possession while central CM gets forward and runs with the ball (scores and assits)

If I drop the central CM to DM, it would provide more defensive cover while also allowing the players to attack from deep. A box to box type player (would need the right attributes to pull it off)