Hello!

I'm with Liverpool in first season. I look at your advice's and try to look at everything before try to implement a new tactic (ppm's, better roles, etc). I want to play a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 using different approaches (like your set's), but try to always be in the control of the game (like Mourinho, even when he play's with a deep d-line, is always with the game control). I don't wanna play with other users tactic's because I think that makes things less enjoyable.

But I'm with some difficulties. I always use the TC to create the tactics and tweak where I think it's the best. But the other teams always get me passed with counter-attacks, stupid mistakes that my defenders make, etc. I try to reduce their mentality, setting their passing to low, etc. I see other users tactic to try to understand where am I failing (tight marking, for example). It really doesn't work. The same thing happens with the attacking part. Player's like Gerrard (playing as MC with attack mentality or Attacking Midfield), Suarez (DLF, AC, IF), Assaidi, Borini, Sahin simply doesn't perform.

So... Do you think it is best create the tactics in TC, using shouts, and don't tweak that much? Because I see many tactics with few tweaks and appears they work; the defensive sistem is better with tight marking or not? In 'pool example, I think they have good defenders to do that, but they always get passed!

I'm a patient guy and I've tried different things over and over. This game is so good, the ME is so evolved that is a pity throw all to garbage. I think that if others can do I will make it possible too!

Thanks in advance,

Joao

Hello!

I'm with Liverpool in first season. I look at your advice's and try to look at everything before try to implement a new tactic (ppm's, better roles, etc). I want to play a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 using different approaches (like your set's), but try to always be in the control of the game (like Mourinho, even when he play's with a deep d-line, is always with the game control). I don't wanna play with other users tactic's because I think that makes things less enjoyable.

But I'm with some difficulties. I always use the TC to create the tactics and tweak where I think it's the best. But the other teams always get me passed with counter-attacks, stupid mistakes that my defenders make, etc. I try to reduce their mentality, setting their passing to low, etc. I see other users tactic to try to understand where am I failing (tight marking, for example). It really doesn't work. The same thing happens with the attacking part. Player's like Gerrard (playing as MC with attack mentality or Attacking Midfield), Suarez (DLF, AC, IF), Assaidi, Borini, Sahin simply doesn't perform.

So... Do you think it is best create the tactics in TC, using shouts, and don't tweak that much? Because I see many tactics with few tweaks and appears they work; the defensive sistem is better with tight marking or not? In 'pool example, I think they have good defenders to do that, but they always get passed!

I'm a patient guy and I've tried different things over and over. This game is so good, the ME is so evolved that is a pity throw all to garbage. I think that if others can do I will make it possible too!

Thanks in advance,

Joao

hey mate,

the best thing to do is start off very, very basic, set the formation depending on your squad strengths and depth, then assign roles that suit the players (this can be found in their report) and then employ a approach using the team instructions that you would like to see out on the field.. then use shouts to exploit or mitigate your opponents on match day

I usually see all the things before set a tactic (p.p.m, reports, etc) but I guess that I tweak too much. I'll try to take this on a simple way and see which shouts can I use in the different situations. I'll start a new game and try to make everything properly. As I said, I Won't give up :)
I will inform you of my progress!

Recently I have started by recreating the famous Barça tactic. That is basically passing around until your opponent gives up. I am absoluty demolishing everyone with at least three goals difference. An great example was the Spanish Super Cup against Real Madrid. As you know, this final are played over two games. The first game was in Camp Nou. I won with 6-1, the return was also an victory. After 90 minutes was the score 0-4.

But I kinda lost track. I dominate in the Liga BBVA, but I just can't get my passes over 650. All the players have an mentality in the range of 9-14. The passing of the players is around the range of 4-9. Tempo and time waisting are 7-3.

I hope that someone has the solution of creating more passes. Because I'm at a dead end for the first time in years with my tactic based on having the ball instead of chasing it.

Help, I been using different tatics for Liverpool but I can't seem to win all the time. I am using the brendon rodgers v2000 now so any help please to get the best out of players like Suarez, Isco, Wellington Nem, Miroslav Stoch and Raheem Sterling.Thanks.

Any tips for when to use shouts, such as what to look for during games and how to counter to improve your teams chances.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Raikan, I know you're a busy man, but I was wondering if you could direct me to a good tactic problem page, on FM Base of course ;-), where I can post my grievances with screenshots in order to get some good sensible FM13 advice.

Raikan, I know you're a busy man, but I was wondering if you could direct me to a good tactic problem page (on FM Base of course ;-) where I can post my grievances with screenshots in order to get some good sensible FM13 advice.

if you want more than just my opinion then I suggest starting a thread in the tactics section and we can all get stuck in and see if we can assist you :)

Recently I have started by recreating the famous Barça tactic. That is basically passing around until your opponent gives up. I am absoluty demolishing everyone with at least three goals difference. An great example was the Spanish Super Cup against Real Madrid. As you know, this final are played over two games. The first game was in Camp Nou. I won with 6-1, the return was also an victory. After 90 minutes was the score 0-4.

But I kinda lost track. I dominate in the Liga BBVA, but I just can't get my passes over 650. All the players have an mentality in the range of 9-14. The passing of the players is around the range of 4-9. Tempo and time waisting are 7-3.

I hope that someone has the solution of creating more passes. Because I'm at a dead end for the first time in years with my tactic based on having the ball instead of chasing it.

You have little time wasting, increase it and players will pass the ball much more. Remember, time wasting it's not about doing nothing waiting time to pass, it's about urgency on decisions of the players... if you tell him to take more time to decide and there is no need to get to goal (more time wasting) they will retain possession.

Also tempo is not about passing faster, it's about doing things faster, reach faster to attack, move faster, etc, etc. So if you increase tempo and time wasting you will be telling players to keep passing the ball but at the same time to break through were there is opportunity.... or, if you just want to retain the ball, keep low tempo and time wasting higher

Last edited:
hi guys i need help with a couple of things with my 4-5-1 formation how do i get a player to play at a higher tempo i know you can set the team tempo but how to do this for one player i don't know. the second thing is when i get a tactical message from my assistant saying x player is used to playing a more direct game is this mentality or passing or both.

I'm working on a tactic which features high pressing up the pitch. I have handpicked the players with high work rate, stamina, and determination. How should I set my defence up to make sure it's watertight?

guys need help. I created a 4x3x3 tactic for my save with Bilbao but one thing I have noticed is that I suffer a lot of goals in the penalty area. My defensive line is "deep", CB with tight marking and Zone, RB and LB with tight marking and Man. Midfielder defensive also play with tight marking and Zone. Can you help me?
I played against Inter and lost 3x4. 3 of their goals were in the penalty area.

Sorry for my english

any suggestions on how to play a 4-4-2 team that has very slow centre backs and full backs as well as strikers? only speedy players are the wingers.

i'm looking at strikers that are >32 years old but are still great (players like RVP) who has lost their quickness but still technically superb. how do we bring out the best in them? same applies to centre backs who have lost their pace but are still very solid and strong.

any suggestions on how to play a 4-4-2 team that has very slow centre backs and full backs as well as strikers? only speedy players are the wingers.

i'm looking at strikers that are >32 years old but are still great (players like RVP) who has lost their quickness but still technically superb. how do we bring out the best in them? same applies to centre backs who have lost their pace but are still very solid and strong.
in a 4-4-2 you should mainly look at physical ability from your strikers, this being ether very fast or strong players with good jumping, you would probably also need to use your two central midfielders to shield the defense and keep your fullbacks on defensive roles so there lack of pace dont get exposed to much