Rampaging Rams - A Derby County Story

February

FA Cup 4th Round
West Ham v Derby

hRlYu7D.png

Well I hoped to do a bit better here but West Ham run rings around us.

Coventry v Derby

eG2EcJj.png

We win our first game since the end of December which is well needed and we really needed this result.

Derby v Swansea

wJRGMNS.png

We concede late again to drop more points. We need to get better at not letting our heads drop in the final 5 minutes.

Blackpool v Derby

bntkutY.png

A single Troy Parrott goal is enough to get us back to winning ways for our search of promotion

Sunderland v Derby

mewuoGa.png

A very quiet game this as we struggles but Mor came on on at half time and did enough to cut in off the wing and fire home from the back post

Derby v Oxford United

XmEG6Qy.png

We're struggling for goals and not playing great but we're showing signs of a great time as we can grind out results.

League

BcUfPJY.png

We're up to 3rd and knocking right on the door of the automatic promotion places now

March

eSclIvl.png

We've only got 4 games this month thanks to Internationals and we have the east midlands derby as well to kick the month off​

March

Nottingham Forest v Derby

s3rcQ2C.png

We get the double in the derby this season thanks to Ebosele. He's been key to us down the right wing since we started.

Derby v Blackburn

etNZPCS.png

We come crashing back down here as we just couldn't cope at all with Blackburn

Derby v Ipswich

Hb3YNkp.png

We do really well here to fight back from 2 down to get a point and its good to see Parrott get his first goals in 5 games as well.

QPR v Derby

FG51ENj.png

Another draw to throw more points away and to make it worse we tried to sign Diangana in January and he chose QPR instead of us.

League

y2emInc.png

We're still in contention for the automatic promotion places and we're starting to build up a better lead over 7th as well.

Youth Intake

We have another decent intake this season and it looks like we have 2 players who could make it

Gt6eSw7.png

Benat Ruiz is a RW who is going to have to work hard to reach his potential but hopefully he'll make the 1st team one day

qLwRDe1.png

Andre Firth is a central midfielder who again looks like he has bags of potential but will have a lot of work to do

April

ZMiGjoN.png

6 games this month and there is a nice mix of teams around us and lower down the table as well for us to get some points.​

I'm not sure if my game has bugged or is just taking a while but on my Derby save I'm approaching December of the first year and there's still no signs of a takeover, making things very difficult. Is it just random when you get the takeover?

I'm not sure if my game has bugged or is just taking a while but on my Derby save I'm approaching December of the first year and there's still no signs of a takeover, making things very difficult. Is it just random when you get the takeover?
yeah it will be random when it happens. I got pretty lucky and it completed before the first transfer window shut so was able to get some players in which made a big difference

April

Derby v Preston

aWkmvyh.png

A nice 4 minute double from Ebosele undoes Preston to see us get our first win in 4 games.

Southampton v Derby

PBnkx6T.png

Southampton still have a bunch of premiership players so I'm not disappointed by this result

Derby v Huddersfield

QLSPiOG.png

Nothing like leaving it late after went behind after only 40 minutes but we made sure to finish the game strong and the final half hour was the best we played in the whole game.

West Brom v Derby

vv1sdS2.png

Dane Scarlett game off the bend with 15 minutes to go and it was great to see the young striker make a big impact with a great goal where he lobbed the keeper.

Middlesbrough v Derby

kgeIrbZ.png

A very daft challenge at the start of the game cost us here and the players were then a bit afraid as we were very lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch after that challenge.

Derby v Hull City

xrB3Qky.png

We've gone from conceding late all the time to conceding early and its something we will need to work on as its never easy having to fight back after the opening 5 minutes but we did it again so at least the layers heads aren't dropping too much.

League

pkKzffe.png

We have secured a play off spot at least and have even crept into 2nd spot now as well. The final couple of games is where its make or break

May

KY8PEY6.png

We probably have the easiest final 2 games of the people still in contention for 2nd so lets make these count as we play 2 cup finals​

May

Stoke v Derby

Rub7svz.png

We know we needed 2 wins from the final 2 games. It looked like it wasn't going to go to plan as we fell behind after 20 minutes and then that gave us the kick we needed to run riot and get a big win.

Birmingham v Derby

WKJwvb5.png

We had to come from behind twice to ****** a draw here and sadly this means we fall down to 3rd place and have to go through the playoffs.

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg
Blackburn v Derby

1dINfHR.png

If anybody was going to get us the lead in this game it was going to be Lawrence and we take a narrow lead into the 2nd leg

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg
Derby v Blackburn

15DG2YO.png

Another great team performance for us as we went with 11 players behind the ball and it worked as Parrott was then able to hit on the counter to get a comfortable win.

Playoff Final
Derby v QPR

yRWYUOK.png

The most lucrative game in football and what a game it was, especially the final 2 minutes of extra time as well as I thought we'd clinched it in the final minutes before conceding 2 minutes later. Our players really stepped up at the penalties as well as we gain promotion to the Premier League

League

wuKFH4h.png

What an end to the season for us as we gain promotion which shows how far this team has come from when I took over 2 years ago.

Budgets

YT22jMN.png

A decent budget for next season in my eyes as we try and build a team capable of staying up

Plans for Next Season

Well we need to build a team of staying up I don't plan on going mental and I'll only sign a few players as I don't want to spend a fortune in instalments and wages if we're not able to stay up next season and be paying for it for years after the players have been sold again

Season 3

Transfers Out

SpnklhG.png

No real movements in this window yet we do really well to get the amount we did for Allsop considering he was our 2nd choice keeper as well so not sure why Liverpool went after him.

Transfers In

As expected we didn't go nuts in the transfer window and targeted a very specific set of players to strengthen key area and only bring in 6 people.

LZA6QfS.png

We needed a more experienced LB and wanted somebody with Premier League experience so we signed Jamal Lewis from Wolves and he brings in a wealth of experience and is still only 25.

We raid Stoke for Tyrese Campbell who will come in to compete up front and can also play down the right wing as well. Joe Bursik also comes in and will be our first team keeper for the season ahead.

Harry Winks comes in as well to add experience to our midfield as he joins after being transfer listed by Napoli and again adds to a young midfield.

Matija Nastasic is our oldest signing at 30 after he was release by Fiorentina and will come into a young defence again already has Premier League from his time at Man City before playing in Germany and Italy.

Finally I wanted to add to the LW as we have been over reliant on Tom Lawrence there so splashed the cash on transfer listed Khvicha Kvaratskhelia and hopefully he can reach his potential here and take us forward.

Friendlies

bOfPqbE.png

We had a busy preseason trying to get in as many games as possible and we did record a huge win against Dortmund even if they did field a weekend team.

Expectations

fWurwbO.png

Not much is expected from us it seems as the board fully expect us to be in the relegation dogfight but hopefully we can avoid it.

August

JBLgSpN.png

Not the worst start for us as we'll come up against Norwich in our 2nd game but going up against Newcastle will be a tough for our first game.​

August

Derby v Newcastle

HeswPkG.png

What a start for us as a point here is as good as a win in my eyes as Newcastle have invested really well so it was a great test for us.

Norwich v Derby

nrCNa3M.png

I really expected to do better here but we got extremely lucky as Campbell scores his first goal for the club in the final minute of the game.

Carabao Cup 2nd Round
Derby v Middlesbrough

thW86LS.png

Campbell is already establishing himself it seems as he gets a great double but we should of been a bit more comfortable by the end of it.

League

qJirP6x.png

Only 2 games so we'll leave it as it is.

Transfers

We made another couple of deals on deadline day brining in two players on loan just to bolster the squad a wee bit.

drb2QN2.png

September

qeyBR6C.png

We go up against Fulham before having a couple of difficult games before the cup games​

September

Derby v Fulham

utpFveJ.png

We manage to creep past Fulham who narrowly avoided relegation last season thanks to Winks

Wolves v Derby

fwdEzxX.png

A tale of two halves here as we managed to hold our own on the first then came completely undone as Wolves just showed that bit more.

Derby v Liverpool

aCyfGNX.png

We came so close to causing an upset to get a draw but sadly we blew it in the final minute.

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
Leeds United v Derby

LO3AHrx.png

Our journey in the cup proceeds as Campbell gets another couple of goals before Bird made sure of it

League

TWkKszd.png

5 games in and we're 1 point off the relegation zone but we have that game in hand as well

October

xUtOsSv.png

A run of tough games this month against established teams and then a favourable draw in the cup as well​

Nice work on promotion to the Prem! I think you should have enough about you to stay up this year and then continue to build next Summer with some decent top flight money behind you.

October

Burnley v Derby

vxu0Kd8.png

A much needed win as it was the usual suspects from lasts season that get the goals. Its good to see that they've really stepped it up.

West Ham v Derby

OzWk1OO.png

We're on a run as we win a 2nd win in a row thanks to a very early goal from Parrott which then let us go defensively and see out the game.

Derby v Chelsea

YCUFqGB.png

Chelsea were always going to be tough and they were just too good for us.

Leeds United v Derby

Eortoyv.png

Leeds were just too go for us here as they get a narrow win.

Carabao Cup 4th Round
Oxford United v Derby

Y724wMf.png

We really should of done better here as we really struggled against Oxford but we get through to the next round.

League

ZgveaOI.png

We're slowly moving up the table and further away from the relegation zone.

November

aGvGUgR.png

A very short month but none of the games are going to be much fun.​

November

Derby v Manchester United

s4prILM.png

What a scalp to take as we pull off my biggest victory so far as Tyrese Campbell is really looking to make a name for himself.

Arsenal v Derby

up5EbGP.png

Sadly we don't carry over the confidence and fall to hard working Arsenal team.

Derby v Everton

OSSoZ7c.png

We got off to a great start but sadly it wasn't to last as we fell behind just before half time then played out a 2nd boring half.

Derby v Sheffield United

CB7THTS.png

Campbell is making a name of himself for scoring now with his 3rd in 4 games but it was really disappointing to concede right at the death to drop 2 points.

League

NxQrE8E.png

We're up to 11th now and we are split perfectly between the European spots and relegation with plenty of football to play.

December

6ftQhz3.png

Its starting to get busier thanks to the Christmas schedule so squad rotation will be key here.​

December

Brighton v Derby

bnh4vge.png

What a game for the fans that made it to the game but it was poor to throw away a 2 goal advantage and concede yet another late goal to blow the 3 points.

Derby v Aston Villa

by7DWHM.png

A much better game defensively here as we keep our first clean sheet in 4 games.

Derby v Manchester City

5tBcN8O.png

Normal services resumes but what can you really do against these players just now

Southampton v Derby

gy3JIvV.png

Southampton have been really poor since coming back up and we take full advantage of that with a great 2nd half performance

Carabao Cup Quarter Final
Derby v Leicester

3jjBkWc.png

What a game as we progress to the semi final which we really could do without the extra 2 games but any chance to get to a final is huge for us.

Tottenham v Derby

ZDMKpYq.png

This was really poor from us in the first half which Spurs ran us ragged and we had no answers but a few changes at half time seem to make a bit of a difference as Parrott scored against his previous club.

Derby v Leicester

GXu7u5K.png

Leicester get revenge over us for the cup defeat but it was a pretty even game but Leicester were just better at taking their chances.

League

JyWjiYS.png

We still sit around mid table but we're still just 5 points above relegation so still in amongst that battle just now.

January

9F86Y19.png

A very busy month here thanks to 3 cup games in amongst 5 tough league games as well so it might not be the best of months for us.​

January

Transfers

It was a busy month for outgoing players as we got sold a number of players who fell down the pecking order along with players whose contracts were going to expire at the end of the season that we didn't want to renew.

kUiGKIb.png

The big outgoing was Tom Lawrence who has been a loyal servant to the club but it was time for him to move on but he'll be remembered at the club for a long time.

For players coming in we broke our transfer record and signed a transfer listed Reiss Nelson from Arsenal for £17m as he is our first marquee signing at the club.

j436khJ.png

A final day signing of Paulo Clemente was also made as he really looks like one for the future for our defence as he has some impressive stats.

w7KlUXs.png

Chelsea v Derby

6Ntk6CW.png

A completely one sided result here with not a lot to say.

Derby v West Ham

cPcXKdH.png

A much better performance this time as we bounce back for our first win in 4 games.

Carabao Cup Semi Final
Derby v Arsenal

bqo6x4L.png

What a game as Campbell runs circles around the Arsenal defence and we have one foot in the final already.

FA Cup 3rd Round
Derby v Swansea

1wRMfVX.png

How we can go to beating Arsenal 3-0 to lose to Swansea is mental, especially since we were 3 down at half time.

Carabao Cup Semi Final
Arsenal v Derby

C08xwyf.png

Turns out we just couldn't compete here at all as the dream of our first final is over.

Manchester United v Derby

c7WxId3.png

Sadly we weren't able to get the double over United as they really punished us here

Derby v Leeds United

HV8JCiC.png

We came so close to getting back to winning ways but yet again we have conceded a late goal that costs us

Leicester v Derby

5y2HU8J.png

Our winless run continues here sadly as our second half performance was really poor.

League

ZqWpakn.png

We're down to 15th but increased the gap over the relegation spots to 6 points and the European spaces are out of reach now.

February

t9vAsm0.png

Just the 3 games to get through this month where we can hopefully at least get points against Norwich​

February

Derby v Norwich

U7Y79cz.png

This was sorely needed as its our first win in 6 games as we try and rebuild our confidence after a poor run

Newcastle v Derby

EwVvLdm.png

Newcastle were just far too strong for us again.

Derby v Tottenham

8YNLAM7.png

What a game. We were in complete control here at 4-0 with 6 minutes to go and then our defensive problems at the end of games nearly cost us again but thankfully the ref blew the whistle and we get a big 3 points.

League

8E3AjVQ.png

With just 11 games to go we are 11 points ahead so its looking like we'll hopefully be safe as we get ever closer to the magic 40 points

March

zM5cdKf.png

Some very favourable games for us again next month as we look to secure our Premiership status.​

Really enjoying this story so far! Missing out on the Carabao Cup final like that must've been gutting. Fortunately you look secure in the league now with a couple more decent results, I'm sure that Tottenham game had your heart racing. 😭

Really enjoying this story so far! Missing out on the Carabao Cup final like that must've been gutting. Fortunately you look secure in the league now with a couple more decent results, I'm sure that Tottenham game had your heart racing. 😭

Thanks, Glad your enjoying it. The Tottenham game was mental and was sure we were going to blow it as usual. Thankfully a week in Spain there has refreshed me and got me raring to go again

March

Sheffield United v Derby

WFAlANt.png

The Spurs game has given us a bit of confidence and we continue with it here as we get a good win to push us up the table

Derby v Southampton

QYAB6ET.png

What a comeback. I thought the game was over at half time but after tearing into the team at half time and making a couple of subs we turn it around after getting a quick goal it set us on the right course to get another 2 before full time.

Aston Villa v Derby

PFUS4dL.png

2 down again before managing to turn it around for a huge point after going behind.

Derby v Brighton

NBq0Aaj.png

We concede another early goal but sadly we can't pull it back this time

League

EPqwIg7.png

12th in the table now as we look more an more secure for staying up

Youth Intake

We have another decent youth intake as we have two players who look like might make it one day

6Z04aHe.png

Victor Omondi looks like a decent prospect for the middle of the park and isn't too far off first team quality either

6iS1W3e.png

Drilon Hoxha is another decent midfielder who looks like could make it but will have to up his physical stats to get there

SXr0pXz.png

April

hlc440s.png

Not the best month here as we face 4 teams well above us in the league where we still need points to make sure we stay up.​

April

Manchester City v Derby

Ym7iXpD.png

An expected loss but we'd done so well for the first 80 minutes of the game.

Derby v Arsenal

PewwDgT.png

We get a great win over Arsenal to get revenge for the hammering they gave us in the last match.

Everton v Derby

8uapxtT.png

Tyrese Campbell has been a revelation since he's been given the striker position rather than the right wing as he just keeps scoring.

Wolves v Derby

cWAzLuT.png

Campbell just can't stop scoring as we keep our impressive run going this month.

League

nrqP9JD.png

Well we're now confirmed as safe for another season now which is all we wanted but can we creep into the top half.

May

yn54Ga7.png

3 games to see out the season can we sneak into the top half or will we fall down the table​

May

Fulham v Derby

ShKYYeQ.png

This game wasn't as easy as the score suggests as we struggled to break Fulham down before the own goal 2nd.

Derby v Burnley

iuohwJf.png

A bit disappointing to concede near the end of the game to not get the 3 points in our final home game of the season.

Liverpool v Derby

5qfdHq6.png

An expected loss against Liverpool so nothing to really worry about.

League

LKhwENP.png

What a debut season for us as we finished well above the expectations of us being relegated so now we need to build on it.

Budgets

kce7C9s.png

A very nice boost to the wage budget for next season. £50m is also a decent transfer budget for us to bring in some players to keep us up again next season​