Ramsey a 'victim of brutal game'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal legend Bob Wilson urges football's authorities to act in the interests of the British game after Aaron Ramsey's horrific injury against Stoke.

More...

I would say he's a 'victim of missfortune' personally.

Oh please...

I'm not saying it's alright, and nobody deserves such an injury, but at this rate you're going to have defenders scared to make a challenge just in case they hit someone too hard.

It happens, and it's unfortunate, but how often does it happen to players? Ratio-wise; I'd say not that often. I honestly think it's just unfortunate for those are injured in most cases, but that is the game we love.

I don't want to see a game where a player like Ronaldo can run rampant at the goal and everybody is backing off just in case the side of their boot knocks his ankle.

When i saw a picture in the paper, before shawcross even touched ramsey his leg snapped

Wow Arsenal love to play the victim card. What happened was horrific but it was nobody's fault, just shut up moaning because nobody feels sorry for you. Sure I have tons of sympathy for Aaron but Arsenal need to stop whinging.

Bah, adding fuel to an unnecessary fire.

You might be a legend Mr Bob Wilson, but this is complete rubbish.

When one debate settles, another arises.

You were wrong this time, Mister Bob.

The games hardly brutal these days lets be honest most players can barely call themselves men.

MMA can be brutal. Boxing can be brutal when the matches aren't fixed. Rugby can be brutal. But football... pah.

Wilson always has been right up Wengers ****.

This wasnt a brutal challenge,in fact the worse challenge ive seen this season was William Gallas on Boltons Mark Davies,now that was a brutal challenge.

Jesus, Ramsey's leg broke before Shawcross even tackled him. Cut the ****. :/

Did any of you actually watch the game or did you all just watch that one incident? Shawcross uses his size to intimidate and bully opponents. He can't tackle and this was evident throughout the first half. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Stoke are renowned for it. In a previous game Delap pushed Walcott over because he was too fast and ran past him causing him to dislocate his shoulder. Where in football is that acceptable? Shawcross for England. My ***. Shawcross for the Irish League, that kind of behaviour is tolerated there.

Did any of you actually watch the game or did you all just watch that one incident? Shawcross uses his size to intimidate and bully opponents. He can't tackle and this was evident throughout the first half. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Stoke are renowned for it. In a previous game Delap pushed Walcott over because he was too fast and ran past him causing him to dislocate his shoulder. Where in football is that acceptable? Shawcross for England. My ***. Shawcross for the Irish League, that kind of behaviour is tolerated there.

Wise up, If he cant tackle he would'nt off been called up to the england squad also he is one of best upcoming English center backs. he didn't mean the tackle so give over.

Shawcross had no intention of 'killing' Ramsey.

Evidence: He cried leaving the pitch.

End of.

Do you not know that Ramsey broke his leg before the tackle even happened?

All guilty people cry!!!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Wise up, If he cant tackle he would'nt off been called up to the england squad also he is one of best upcoming English center backs. he didn't mean the tackle so give over.
Your ****!! Of course he meant the tackle!! He's a thug!! If he's one of the best up and coming Centre Backs in England then that doesn't fill a lot of confidence for the World Cup or any other tournament after.

All guilty people cry!!!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Your ****!! Of course he meant the tackle!! He's a thug!! If he's one of the best up and coming Centre Backs in England then that doesn't fill a lot of confidence for the World Cup or any other tournament after.
Biased at all? What did you think of the Gallas tackle on bolton's Davies the other week?

All guilty people cry!!!

So, you're saying Shawcross went in to the tackle with his studs raised, eyes on Ramsey's legs, and jumped 6 foot just to break him?

No.

Back