Ramsey/Pjanic/Henrique/Sissoko Midfield Tactic?

lessthanjake

Reaction score
I started a game as Man City (it really is amusing to play with almost unlimited money) and my first move before the season began was to buy the following players: Aaron Ramsey, Miralem Pjanic, Paulo Henrique, and Moussa Sissoko.

I know that Pjanic and Henrique develop into possibly the best attacking midfielders, Ramsey into one of the best central midfielders, and Sissoko into one of the best defensive midfielders.

However, I was wondering what tactic and what roles would get the most out of these players together. Here's what I have currently thought of:

I have Sissoko as a DM with a Deep-lying Playmaker Defend role. Ramsey is a Central Midfielder Attack. I have Pjanic as an AMC Attacking Midfielder Attack. This leaves me confused as to where to put Henrique. I could always put him in a AMC spot next to Pjanic. However, I feel like Pjanic and Henrique would just get in each other's way as they would essentially have the same role (I'd give Henrique Advanced Playmaker not AM, but still). So what I thought I might do is teach Henrique to play on the left wing (or right wing; which would be better?) as an Advanced Playmaker Attack. I would then play with Balotelli/Silva on the right wing as Wingers and Tevez up front as a Complete Forward.

Does this make sense? Do I need to add that kind of width by having players on the left and right wings or can I effectively run a more centrally based tactic? I ask this because I have had a lot of success with 2 winger tactics but less success when I've moved away from that. I suspect I just don't know how to set the roles so the players don't get in each other's way.

My concern with this plan, though, is a lack of goalscoring ability. Certainly Tevez can punch in goals for fun, but with Balotelli on the right wing, I am worried that he won't get much of a chance to score goals and the midfielders don't have much finishing abilities. Would that leave my team without enough firepower to complement all the playmaking? Should I drop the right winger and instead put Balotelli/Adebayor as poachers up front next to Tevez? Again, I ask this because I've had a lot of success with 2 striker formations, and not as much with single strikers.

Anyways, thanks for any responses. I KNOW this midfield can be amazing, but I just would really like to know what tactic and what roles would maximize this.

EDIT: Also, would Sissoko be better as a box-to-box midfielder?

Last edited:
Yeah, took off the injury. Cheating, I know, but he got given a 200 PA in this game, so I couldn't resist taking off his injury to get him.

Lol.

Ramsey (MC)- Advanced Playmaker Support or Attack
Pjanic(MC)-Advanced Playmaker Attack
Moussa Sissoko Defensive Midfielder Defend or Support (increase his creative freedom manually)

I only use Attacking Midfielder when the player im dealing with has a LOT of pace and the dangerous he provides with that pace far outweighs the danger he provides through passing. I dont think this is so for Pjanic.

Edit: Oh, you want to play 4 central midfielders? Well whoever is the faster out of Pjanic and Henrique, make him Attacking Mid - Attack. Keep the rest the same.

Last edited:
Lol.

Ramsey (MC)- Advanced Playmaker Support or Attack
Pjanic(MC)-Advanced Playmaker Attack
Moussa Sissoko Defensive Midfielder Defend or Support (increase his creative freedom manually)

I only use Attacking Midfielder when the player im dealing with has a LOT of pace and the dangerous he provides with that pace far outweighs the danger he provides through passing. I dont think this is so for Pjanic.

Edit: Oh, you want to play 4 central midfielders? Well whoever is the faster out of Pjanic and Henrique, make him Attacking Mid - Attack. Keep the rest the same.

So how many of them should be in attacking midfielder position? You said to make Ramsey and Pjanic Advanced Playmakers. Should they be that in central midfield or up front? I assume Ramsey should be in center, as he is more suited to that, but Pjanic and Henrique are both more suited to being further up. Should I put them both up there or would that crowd space too much?

4-1-1-2-2

Goalkeeper
Right Back - Centre Back - Centre Back - Left Back
Sissoko
Ramsey
Paolo Henrqiue - Pjanic
Striker - Striker​

So how many of them should be in attacking midfielder position? You said to make Ramsey and Pjanic Advanced Playmakers. Should they be that in central midfield or up front? I assume Ramsey should be in center, as he is more suited to that, but Pjanic and Henrique are both more suited to being further up. Should I put them both up there or would that crowd space too much?
Personally, I wouldn't play 4 central midfielders/attacking midfielders (just a preference, its not a bad thing to do). I would put both Ramsey and Pjanic in the central midfield role, both as avanced playmaker, ramsey support, pjanic attack. Moussa DM with increased creativity. Henrique Attacking Midfielder - Attack. HOWEVER, I have no idea what type of player Henrique is.

Sissoko is a better Box-to-Box, but that could possibly leave your midfield dangerously susceptible to counterattacks. If you do want to go that way I'd play 4-3-1-2.
MC- Ramsey, Henrique, Sissoko
AMC- Pjanic

You may want to allow Henrique to switch position with Pjanic.

Last edited:
you can play a 4-1-2-1-2 with sissoko as DM, pjanic and ramsey as central midfielder and paulo henrique as AMC. or perhaps 4-3-1-2 with the pjanic, sissoko, ramsey in the central midfielder position and ganso as AMC. It would maybe be helpful to train pjanic to a central midfielder