yblackie

Reaction score
After watching the United Liverpool game, I just had an idea. How about SI incorporating a 'Random Controversy Generator' into the game? As well as feuds between managers, there could be feuds between players, fans and stuff. It could even cause red cards and bans!
As a United fan it pleased me very much to see us beat them to the whole Evra/Suarez backdrop and I feel this could greatly enhance the whole matchday experience.

Maybe if your playing against fierce rivals. It would be quite annoying to be in a random game and just get half your team sent off for absolutely no reason, although I did once see 2 players get reds and 4 more get yellows on FM once because they were unhappy about the first sending off and started arguing with the ref.

Well yeah, I think it would be fine with fierce rivals because, as with any new idea it shouldn't be over the top.

Although it's a good idea to improve realism, I'd be pretty ****** off if, for example, I was set to play a derby match or an important cup game, a few nights before a player of mine gets himself a ban for doing/saying something inappropriate.

I bet SI get these ideas too but they realise how annoying it would be when it happens to you. I suppose it's already bad enough trying to get your hothead psycho defender to stop getting sent off.

That would just suck.

Also, your players can react badly and stuff during a game, I had Grant Holt receive a second yellow after being fouled by a defender, I can only assume he reacted badly, I was seriously ******.. If that happened more often I think I'd end up hating the game.

Also, why you'd want stuff like that to happen on FM's match engine is beyond me.. Maybe if it had graphics of FIFA, it would just look terrible on FM.

Well I wasn't particularly talking about the actual match, I mean, look at today's game...It was actually a decent game hype-wise...it was just Dalglish's interview and Evra's celebrations that added to the win for me.

it will never happen as si can't put it in for real players due to it being "damaging" to the players image.

Well I wasn't particularly talking about the actual match, I mean, look at today's game...It was actually a decent game hype-wise...it was just Dalglish's interview and Evra's celebrations that added to the win for me.

Yeah.... It's such a more exciting built up when people are more interested in the hand-shake than they are the biggest league game of the year.... zzzzzzz, leave that out of my FM please.

I agree with Aannddy. Would ruin it for me totally as well. Players get booked enough in the game appealing decisions and such. Not a good idea.