Random Youth Players in Clause Menu

VVCVC

Reaction score
Hi,

New to Football Manager and only been playing it a couple of months but I had one question that I've been meaning to ask as it's annoying me a little.

In my CLAUSES menu (Transfers > Clauses), there is obviously a list of the clauses that have been inserted into player's contracts that are still valid and in-play. I also notice though that there are a couple of players in this menu that are youths that I have never heard of at all and are now at other clubs.

For example, I have Sunday Johnson here (see attached) who has just signed a youth contract with Manchester United three weeks ago but I have NEVER heard of him. He wasn't part of my youth intake or anything, I went through all their names and a name like "Sunday" would've stood out a little bit next to all the other normal British names.

I understand it's a player I've lost but I just don't know HOW I've come to lose them when I never even noticed he existed in the first place!

Thanks for any help!

attachment.php

Check your staff responsibilities. You might have given responsibility of transfers (either first team or youth team) to some member of your staff. Or maybe the previous manager at your club might have made that deal.

I've been the manager there for eight years now so it wont' be that. The guy has never been in my youth system though so I'm just confused at where he's come from. It's not the first time it's happened either.

Does your club have Boreham Wood as an affiliate? Maybe there is something in there that causes this?

Check what kind of affiliation you have with Manchester United. It looks like they have signed this player from you, and will give you money after league appearances. It is a youth player (i think), so they may have gotten him from youth recruitment.

Check what kind of affiliation you have with Manchester United. It looks like they have signed this player from you, and will give you money after league appearances. It is a youth player (i think), so they may have gotten him from youth recruitment.
I have no affiliation with Manchester United. The only affiliation I have is with a South Korean team.

I know it's a youth player though, I put that in the titles. Just no idea how I ever had him as I've never seen him before. He's five-star potential too so a bit of a ******* that he's left!

I've had this exact same thing before. I don't have a definitive answer for you, but I believe it is akin to the bigger clubs snapping up the youth from around the country IRL. There's nothing that can be done with them iirc but you do have the clauses.. I would also expect that some of your intake might have the same from other clubs but this entire thing is rare w/o an affiliate

I've had this exact same thing before. I don't have a definitive answer for you, but I believe it is akin to the bigger clubs snapping up the youth from around the country IRL. There's nothing that can be done with them iirc but you do have the clauses.. I would also expect that some of your intake might have the same from other clubs but this entire thing is rare w/o an affiliate
Can't be too rare, I've got about four of them in the clauses menu.

Really confused and not sure a) how to stop it, and b) how to do it to other teams!