I Carra23 I

Reaction score
Going to need a shed load of players due to the embargo with some potential and some who have the ability now.

Preferably freebies but I might have abit of money to spend (1m)

Blast away

Cheers

You could try getting old experienced players such as Alex, Jari Litamen etc. Their all on a free to!

EDIT: Also if your in need of a striker try Joe Garner from Watford, pretty cheap at the start!

You could try getting old experienced players such as Alex, Jari Litamen etc. Their all on a free to!

EDIT: Also if your in need of a striker try Joe Garner from Watford, pretty cheap at the start!

Cheers, ill try them

Sorry, I should have put that, i was just really after anything but the main positions would probably be

Rb
CB
Dm
Cm
St

No problem. I'm a Rangers fan myself so have already semi-started a save. Although you've created more of a transfer budget.

RB: Thomas Piermayr (free agent); Michael Salgado (Free agent,can sometimes be signed, although he's a short term option); Eric Lichaj (Aston Villa)
CB: Damien Stewart (free agent); Scott Boyd (Ross County); Darren McGregor (St Mirren)
DM: Herold Goulon (free agent); Kalifa Cisse (free agent); Chris Herd (Aston Villa)
CM: Michael Tidser (Morton); Liam Kelly (Kilmarnock); Cristiano Zanetti (Free Agent, can sometimes be signed, although he's a short term option); George Boeteng (Free Agent; Again a short term option);
ST: Emile Mpenza (free agent); Mikael Forssell (free agent)

I'd also look for a goalkeeper (Rhys Taylor; Free agent) and a left sided player (Aaron Sinclair; Partick Thistle, Ricardo Gardener; Free Agent)

No problem. I'm a Rangers fan myself so have already semi-started a save. Although you've created more of a transfer budget.

RB: Thomas Piermayr (free agent); Michael Salgado (Free agent,can sometimes be signed, although he's a short term option); Eric Lichaj (Aston Villa)
CB: Damien Stewart (free agent); Scott Boyd (Ross County); Darren McGregor (St Mirren)
DM: Herold Goulon (free agent); Kalifa Cisse (free agent); Chris Herd (Aston Villa)
CM: Michael Tidser (Morton); Liam Kelly (Kilmarnock); Cristiano Zanetti (Free Agent, can sometimes be signed, although he's a short term option); George Boeteng (Free Agent; Again a short term option);
ST: Emile Mpenza (free agent); Mikael Forssell (free agent)

I'd also look for a goalkeeper (Rhys Taylor; Free agent) and a left sided player (Aaron Sinclair; Partick Thistle, Ricardo Gardener; Free Agent)

Cheers for that, iwill look at them all.

I free up abit of funds by selling a few players on big wages who arent very good. Sold alexander too. 7.5k wages i thought was too much for div 3

I got Chris Herd, Eric Lihaj (spelling) and Batt on loan from millwall, did the job well, won with 100 points and didnt lose all season

I got Chris Herd, Eric Lihaj (spelling) and Batt on loan from millwall, did the job well, won with 100 points and didnt lose all season

What ye going to do because the transfer embargo though ?

I took Batt on loan, as well as James McCarther on my first games, romped the League, won Challenge Cup and League Cup.

to be fair you dont really need anyone first season, you'll romp it.. maybe a reserve LB and GK. but thats it.. the rest of the youth and reserves are easily good enough for the 3rd Div. just keep your first XI fit for the cup ties.

Last edited:
Oh and if you can keep him fit, James Mcfadden can be grabbed on a free, jsut move Templeton to RW.

With all the target men available you'll score a bucket load.

Oh and if you can keep him fit, James Mcfadden can be grabbed on a free, jsut move Templeton to RW.

With all the target men available you'll score a bucket load.

Mcfadden is good and I signed him but I'd play Kal Naismith ahead of him in every big game!

DM: Herold Goulon (free agent)

Stongly urge you to get Goulon, he runs the show in divisions 3 through 1 at least, not in SPL yet but he's awesome :)

Sell Lee Wallace, he turns out be scummy! I sold him in my 2nd season to Blackburn for 3.5mil who then sold him on to........................... Celtic of all the clubs for 3.5mil so I'd say good deal for the club and I cant wait to rub his face in it when I get to the SPl and own Celtic! (6)

Also in my 2nd season replaced Wallace with Mchattie and hes performed every bit as good as him and hes only 20

Good Luck on your game!

I signed Jamie Mackie on loan, and also got Gunnar Neilsen on loan from Manchester City.

There's a few old timers such as Robert Pires, Hernan Crespo and Jari Litmanen but not sure if they'd join and plus they'd also be short term which isn't good considering the huge embargo.. Rule out loan deals too because of that.
Darius Vassell is 32 but may have a couple of years in him, until the embargo is over at least.

In my Walsall save we have a player called James Chambers, although he's not signed on a contract basis so you'd be able to sign him, he can play left back or right back and is 31 years old. Take a look.
Thomas Hitzelsperger (spelling?) is 30 years old.. could still do a job but not sure if he'd join!

The only player i signed was Barry Douglas from Dundee for about 250k as a replacement leftback for Wallace who i sold to QPR for 1.2m. I brought in Boateng as a backup CM but hardly play him and will be letting him go at the end of the season, I have got him coaching some of the younger players too. Other than that the squad is more than good enough to win the league easily