KierrenHastie

Reaction score
Im going to recreate a database i made for fm 2013. Moving Rangers and Celtic into the championship and replacing them in scotland will be Colt teams of the two(essentially a B team) both moving into scottish league 2. I also had the idea of adding the highland and lowland leagues as feeders into SL2, even though it is only proposed IRL. Would anyone be interested?

On second thoughts i dont know if i am cut out for the Highland/Lowland League addition, will try today but im not so sure it will work

It's a good idea recreating a database so they're in the English league system, but in my opinion putting Rangers and Celtic as far down the league system as possible would create a far more realistic and fun challenge to people. Maybe get rid of most of the players into free transfers (Lesley and other high profile names) and leave youngsters, alter the rep a bit because they're down the league system and a few little hidden details and I think you'd have a very appealing file there.

**** man.. Yeah listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about Joe Lesley is a great player. I'm obviously being sarcastic, Celtic and Rangers would never be pushed to the bottom in England. Championship is where we would slot in.

**** man.. Yeah listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about Joe Lesley is a great player. I'm obviously being sarcastic, Celtic and Rangers would never be pushed to the bottom in England. Championship is where we would slot in.

Mate i'm a Celtic fan and if im being honest i think we'd even struggle to cope with the big spenders in the Championship never mind the EPL. If it where to happen in real life i think Pez89 is about right. We'd have to start at the bottom, maybe even the conference league and try and work up gradually. No chairman in their right mind is going to step aside to give either Celtic or Rangers a space in one of the richest leagues in the world (Championship play off games are worth 100+m to the winner alone)

The Rangers are a club pretending to be one that no longer exists. They lost all privileges of such a move when they were liquidated, so I wouldn't even bother with them mate, in all seriousness. (H)

It sounds like a brilliant idea, though and well worth the time to create! Would be good with LFCMarshall or Pr0's update too, keeping the rest of the world up to date.

Its an easy swap out, I've a custom 4 Division in Scotland, build from the ground up, its just a case of making note and swapping teams in and out the division above, and then added two the bottom of the pile.

Mate i'm a Celtic fan and if im being honest i think we'd even struggle to cope with the big spenders in the Championship never mind the EPL. If it where to happen in real life i think Pez89 is about right. We'd have to start at the bottom, maybe even the conference league and try and work up gradually. No chairman in their right mind is going to step aside to give either Celtic or Rangers a space in one of the richest leagues in the world (Championship play off games are worth 100+m to the winner alone)

We wouldn't get shoved to the bottom the teams in the leagues would lose more money that way, slotting Celtic and The Zombies into Championship would work. Teams would be bumped down to accomodate us.

Depends on the fight the FA put up, there is an arguement to be made with both, but for the purposes of FM, championship is the way to go.

I put both in the Championship and put all Rangers players circa SPL 2011 side...eg Edu Mcgregor and Lafferty

Gave Celtic 30 mil to spend

just for fun like

How can you do this but keep both teams playing in the Scottish Cup/Scottish League Cup? As opposed to the FA/League Cup in England so that I can still face Scottish sides in some competition

How can you do this but keep both teams playing in the Scottish Cup/Scottish League Cup? As opposed to the FA/League Cup in England so that I can still face Scottish sides in some competition

Deffo, dont think that can be done.

I think is possible...Just remade the cup you want and add the teams you want. I don't know if you have played in France, well, in the coupe de france there are teams from Martinique, Tahiti and other countries.

Last edited:
We wouldn't get shoved to the bottom the teams in the leagues would lose more money that way, slotting Celtic and The Zombies into Championship would work. Teams would be bumped down to accomodate us.

No you wouldn't. Namely it would be illegal under the FA's own guidelines for that to ever happen. No teams will ever be bumped down to accomodate anyone. It would be far more likely to see a league revamp with 2 additional teams being added.

Secondly, there is no point putting two teams into a league where they would get instantly relegated. In an ideal world Celtic would go into league 1 (which is on a par with the SPL) and Rangers would start in the BSP.

Thirdly, the English FA would want two backwards teams still embroiled in religious conflict like it is the 15th century as far away from their organisation as possible. The premier league is a marketing behemoth and the bigwigs would not let it be besmirched by two clubs that cannot in any way control their fans, and from an area of the UK where income levels are so low they would not provide any additional cash to the FA or EPL.

Add to that the referendum which could see Scotland become its own seperate state, it would then be illegal under UEFA and FIFA laws for scottish teams to partake in english competitions.

The English FA, Football League, and EPL have absolutely nothing to gain from allowing Celtic or Rangers into their system.