Rangers close in on duo, Hoops in talks with Bellamy.

DeanMcDonnell

Reaction score
Celtic have now confirmed they are attempting to sign Craig Bellamy.
http://www.celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=208814

While Rangers close in on English strike duo Tommy Smith & James Beattie.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6307720,00.html

Also, Adien McGeady is nearing his reported 9.5millon pounds move to Spartak Moscow.
http://www.skysports.com/football/transfers/0,20367,11780_11787,00.html

Finally, Rangers are also hopeful on a move for Nacer Barazite.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6305598,00.html

To be honest, quite exciting stuff by SPL standards.

agreed
1 hope celtic get bellamy
2. hope we get beattie hope to god we dont get smith hes rubbish
3. aiden mceady is never worht 9.5m
4. nascar looks a good player hope we get him

I've never heard of Tommy Smith untill I heard Rangrs were after him. Looks like weve got a decent deal for McGeady if now we cant just split that money between Bellamy and at least one quality defender.

Hope we can get bellamy and a good defender.

Not to bothered about Rangers deals TBH.

Lol heard you're paying £1.5m for Smith, you can have him for that, he's ****!

JAMES BEATTIE AND JEVALIC :O:O! pls
Tommy Smith could still do the job against the scum !
nacer will be a good prospect
Bellamy have him if uses want , BOUGHY will rip him apart like he did to Keane

I think everyone is ripping Tommy Smith to shreads even Rangers fans (me included) but that could be a good thing because every time a player comes to the old firm there is a weight of expectation and alot of them fail but if Smith comes there will be no expectation on him from fans and then he can just get his head down and play and he might turn out to be good it's the fee i'm not happy about we could get Derek Riordon for half that price and he is a good player even if he did play with Celtic or Craig Conway and David Goodwillie we could probly get both for £3 Million.

James Beattie will be a very good signing he is big and strong and will link up well with Kenny Miller and bag a good amount off goals he will make us forget all about Kris Boyd and Nacer Barazite i have heard some promising things about him so we should snap him up but i've been told it's only a loan deal and if thats the case we should be looking at trying to get a player with more experiance maybe Jamie O'Hara if Spurs want to let him go on loan again.

On Celtic's dealings I've never rated McGeady so to get nearly £10 Million is daylight robbery on Celtic's part but if they do get Bellamy on loan his wages alone will wipe a good chunk off the £10 Million.

Lol heard you're paying £1.5m for Smith, you can have him for that, he's ****!

Have you not seen the press conference from your manager? He says "£2m is nowhere near the evaluation for Tom [Smith], you can come back tomorrow saying £4m, it will still be a no." Unlucky ;)

[Actually hold on, that could be about Marc Wilson, 99% sure it was about Smith though]

Will be good to see how he does in the SPL, wont be good to see how he does agins our defence lol.

Beattie should be a good signing, i dont want tommy smith i would rather stick with lafferty.
Bain said that we have ended interest in Jelavic but nothing has been said on the Rangers website so maybe a very small chance. Hope we get barazite and a winger even if just on loan. And Georgie Welcome if he impresses on trial.

JAMES BEATTIE AND JEVALIC :O:O! pls
Tommy Smith could still do the job against the scum !
nacer will be a good prospect
Bellamy have him if uses want , BOUGHY will rip him apart like he did to Keane

Against the scum?? Good one mate :S

Nacer could be a decent signing and Jevalic looks like a players but Smith & Beattie?

Bellamy would be the best player in the spl by a mile if he signed

Against the scum?? Good one mate :S

Nacer could be a decent signing and Jevalic looks like a players but Smith & Beattie?

Bellamy would be the best player in the spl by a mile if he signed

I"m going to disagree if Bellamy does sign he won't be the best player by a mile we still have Davis and that boy is class

what about Jelavic? he will be definetly new hero of Ibrox stadium, Dado Prso recommended him, he scoring golas for fun in Rapid Wien

Matain Bain and Walter Smith said the deal is as good as dead mate i would liked him to have signed he reminds me of Dado Prso and we all know how good he was