Rangers facing UEFA charge

OK when did i say Celtic were being punished ? , and how am i giving Rangers fans a bad name , i didnt say i was condoning the chants did I ? and The Billy Boys ISNT sectarian

It was meant to say Haven't, Was a mistake. And your giving us a bad name because your saying "may be classed" as sectarian. Billy boys is Sectarian, Do you know who the billy boys actually are ? The song isn't classed as sectarian just because the word Fenian init, Look up billy boys and youll maybe learn a little about the song and why its called the Billy Boys. Plus its not the only chant that was sung. At the end of the day we need to learn not to sing them because it just causes us hassle. And also your questioning why Celtic were not punished for singing up the ra, The reason being it was not a UEFA match. So it has nothing to do with them. that would then be up to FIFA. So theres my reason as to why your giving us a bad name, You opened this thread not to point out the fact we are being unfairly treated compared to other teams throughout Europe. You decided to question why Celtic weren't punished in a friendly match for their songs - Nit picking at Celtic ;).

Personally I think Rangers and Celtic have both came a long long way in stamping out the sectariansim tbh. If you think about the way it used to be before it was tried to be stamped out it was coming from all sections of the ground now it only happens from a minority. Personally I think the old firm should be praised for their efforts because the amount we have stamped out is pretty remarkable considering both clubs are filled with bigotry and hatred towards each other on and off the field from supporters during old firm days. You can see the improvement we have made over the years. But I do agree we don't help ourselves with it, and people do get away with alot worse.

Wherer are you from Aldo? Where I stay, it's still pretty terrible.

that i agree with, and dont take my stance for condoning it, but this is bit of a cop out from UEFA, an easy way to look like they are coming down on it, without going for the bigger fish

This.

I know FIFA and UEFA are different organisations, but if they wanted to punish racism, they would never have given Russia a World Cup.

Wherer are you from Aldo? Where I stay, it's still pretty terrible.

I'm from Glasgow mate, I'm not talking about outside the ground because outside the ground Rangers and Celtic can't be held responsible for the fans, But on matchdays at Ibrox i attend reguarly and there isn't many chants at all. You hear it once or twice throughout the game. Even the song "We are Rangers, Super Rangers" The biggest majority of the crowd cut out at the part it says "We hate Celtic, Fenian bastards." - Only a minority of the supporters sing it which is an improvement when it used to be everyone. But outside the ground its a different story and Rangers and Celtic can't really be held responsible.

It was meant to say Haven't, Was a mistake. And your giving us a bad name because your saying "may be classed" as sectarian. Billy boys is Sectarian, Do you know who the billy boys actually are ? The song isn't classed as sectarian just because the word Fenian init, Look up billy boys and youll maybe learn a little about the song and why its called the Billy Boys. Plus its not the only chant that was sung. At the end of the day we need to learn not to sing them because it just causes us hassle. And also your questioning why Celtic were not punished for singing up the ra, The reason being it was not a UEFA match. So it has nothing to do with them. that would then be up to FIFA. So theres my reason as to why your giving us a bad name, You opened this thread not to point out the fact we are being unfairly treated compared to other teams throughout Europe. You decided to question why Celtic weren't punished in a friendly match for their songs - Nit picking at Celtic ;).

Just because i said may be classed , is because some dont class it as secarian and michell platini is also a part os fifa , and that isnt the only time Celtic have been sectarian ,everyone knows that , the friendly was an example, Rangers are an easy target , but in places like Italy they get away with racism and still using flares which has meant to have been banned for years

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I'm from Glasgow mate, I'm not talking about outside the ground because outside the ground Rangers and Celtic can't be held responsible for the fans, But on matchdays at Ibrox i attend reguarly and there isn't many chants at all. You hear it once or twice throughout the game. Even the song "We are Rangers, Super Rangers" The biggest majority of the crowd cut out at the part it says "We hate Celtic, Fenian bastards." - Only a minority of the supporters sing it which is an improvement when it used to be everyone. But outside the ground its a different story and Rangers and Celtic can't really be held responsible.

OK Saying you hear the chants once or twice is stupid , i have a season ticket and the songs are sung reguarly , do you think when a song says ' fenian' it is the only song that is sectarian ? majority of the songs are secatrian

Just because i said may be classed , is because some dont class it as secarian and michell platini is also a part os fifa , and that isnt the only time Celtic have been sectarian ,everyone knows that , the friendly was an example, Rangers are an easy target , but in places like Italy they get away with racism and still using flares which has meant to have been banned for years

Yes but you never said any of that the first time, I would have responded differently if you did, You have just taken examples of what we have said in the above posts and added on now :S, Your first post you only mentioned an Incident with Celtic, WHY ? That's my point.

OK Saying you hear the chants once or twice is stupid , i have a season ticket and the songs are sung reguarly , do you think when a song says ' fenian' it is the only song that is sectarian ? majority of the songs are secatrian

If you actually read what I said in the post replied to you I have already mentioned before that 'Fenian' isn't really sectarian, and proved a point to you about the billy boys song which you failed to reply on so I take it your agreeing with me that the Billy boys is classed as a sectarian song ?, And the chants are only heard once or twice a majority of the time. I'd probably say a maximum of 5 times possibly ? I sit in the govan rear and have also sat many times in the Broomloan beside the BO. The only song that can really be classed as a main sectarian song is, "Fathers Advice" and "The Billy Boys" imo. Sometimes you hear the odd King billys on the wall but not often ;)

I did reply that people class Billy Boys as sectarian , but not all and your going on about how bad sectarianism is , I guarantee you have joined in on the songs before, and the raeson i mentioned Celtic is because if Fifa and Uefa are so against sectarianism , then why dont both parties get punished, thats my point

On a better note: Roll on the 24th ;)

I did reply that people class Billy Boys as sectarian , but not all and your going on about how bad sectarianism is , I guarantee you have joined in on the songs before, and the raeson i mentioned Celtic is because if Fifa and Uefa are so against sectarianism , then why dont both parties get punished, thats my point

On a better note: Roll on the 24th ;)

the billy boys is sectarian though, The billy boys was a protestant group from Bridgeton who formed and fought with catholics. I'm not going on about how bad sectarianism is, I've said before theres alot more worse things that don't get dealt with. I have joined in the singing. But I don't anymore since my friend got chucked out of ibrox during a game for it and its not worth it. I am in a fluteband and everything - but thats got nothing to do with Rangers and Celtic. All i'm saying is we need to learn to just stop it inside the stadium because were just going to get punished for it. Celtic should be punished but so should many other clubs but as i've said we don't help ourselves.

The 24th should be good, Im just back from blackpool on the 23rd from a football tournament thankfully! Some other people are down there till the monday and are gutted haha.

Ibrox is like a morgue most of the time if we're being honest.

the billy boys is sectarian though, The billy boys was a protestant group from Bridgeton who formed and fought with catholics. I'm not going on about how bad sectarianism is, I've said before theres alot more worse things that don't get dealt with. I have joined in the singing. But I don't anymore since my friend got chucked out of ibrox during a game for it and its not worth it. I am in a fluteband and everything - but thats got nothing to do with Rangers and Celtic. All i'm saying is we need to learn to just stop it inside the stadium because were just going to get punished for it. Celtic should be punished but so should many other clubs but as i've said we don't help ourselves.

The 24th should be good, Im just back from blackpool on the 23rd from a football tournament thankfully! Some other people are down there till the monday and are gutted haha.

Also worth mentioning the Billy Boys were fascists;)

But yeah, Aldo speaks the truth. Me and a pal were talking about this at work - He calls me a filthy Tim and I call him a dirty Hun, but it's all good banter. I even congratulated him on winning the League Cup, with a snide "the diddy cup" added. I've had to run from Rangers fans before (my zipper didn't work, I was wearing a Celtic top as I'd been to the gym, and I got attacked by 5 or 6 of them by the Council Chambers), but I know most are perfectly nice human beings (well, as close to human as a Hun can get without shaving the palms of his hands).

I think the whole debacle would be better off if UEFA consistently did clubs in for this, especially the Italian, Russian and Eastern European teams. And I wish Fifa did Brazil in for their outrageous comments about Scots being racist (6)

Ibrox is like a morgue most of the time if we're being honest.

Exactly with the exception of Old Firm & Champions League matches, And the only fans that really sing are in the Broomloan. The best game I witnessed for an atmosphere in a long time was the 2-3 defeat against Dundee Utd, I think just the afters of the cup final tbh but the stadium was buzzing.