jstewart85

Reaction score
For those of you who followed my last story aptly named Rangers in England, you will know I stopped abruptly after I realised that I made a mistake in my editor file and couldn't qualify for Europe. Well I have tried to start numerous new games without any of them gripping me so i have decided to start again and will this time not stop until Europe is conquered.

I will admit part of this has been inspired by the ptp champions league game where Lovano had the gall to win the champs league with Celtic. Therefore I will not rest until I have won at least two :p.

Just starting this now so it might be a day or two until I have an update as I hope to just fly throught the easier leagues ASAP. I will be starting from the exact same starting point as last time so I know exactly what I need to do.

Kepp you all posted.

So I'v finished tonights session with this victory. they are the first team to score more than 1 agaisnt me. Shame they let in 10.

View attachment 380097

As you can see I am top of the league after 15 games. My squad is way too strong for this division so I don't expect many issues. That being said I have suffered terrible injuries 3 of my 4 wingers all out for 3 months at the same time. Although they are starting to come back now. Try and get a few seasons blitzed before I start cranking out the screenies too much as tbh it is pretty straightforward all the way up to league 1. The quicker I get it done the quicker I can get to Europe fingers crossed.

Just a quick update to say that I have just finished season 2. For those of you that followed the previous file you will know that this was the point that I started spending on new players. I will be doing that tonight and I'll also try and provide a quick catch up as to how the first two seasons went. The season just past was the most ridiculous season I have ever had for injuries. I normally in my head have a best 11 but will obviously rotate the whole squad to keep them as fresh as possible. It took until late march before I could play my best eleven for the first time. I had so many niggly 6-8 week injuries that it was unreal. They also came in groups so all my wide players were out and then all my forwards and then all my central midfielders. It was relentless. Anyway we survived and I wil be seriously strengthening the squad for the assault of the football leagues. I have signed 2 so far and I am very happy with them both.

Hopefully a more thorough update tonight.

PS Are people going to be interested in this? As I said I only stopped the last one due to the lack of Europe. I had pretty much done the domestic side of things.

Season Review 2012-2013
So the journey begins with Rangers in the Blue Square Northe Division as I have a horrible feeling of deja vu.

As I expained in my previous thread due to Rangers relatively high reputation it is possible to attract ridiculously good loan signing and because we are down in the bottom division, teams don't require any wages contributed. Therefore I made 3 loan signings for nada. I know it shows 4 but I let Anderson go as soon as I got Siegrest.
View attachment 474686

This meant I could get rid of a few high earners and save £££. I knew we would win the division easily and we did that. Sorry forgot to take a screenie of the total points and I have deleted the league by now. IT was won at a canter however. Also I won the FA trophy.

View attachment 474687

Season 2013-2014.
So one season down and one division won. This season was actually so much harder than it should of been. As I mentioned in a previous post the amount of injuries I received was ridiculous. Anyway here is a list of my signing. Bailey is a goalie who looks like he could be very good and Smith is a striker who i bought from Man U but who I don't think will be with us all the way to the premiership.
I am finding it harder this time round as some of the players who developed well aren't doing as well and I haven't found anyone as good as Beeney or CList from my previous save.

Nevermind hey.

View attachment 474684

View attachment 474683

Yes mate!! Very pleased to see you back on this! Gutted there will be no Clist or Beeney, I've really enjoyed playing the save you uploaded and can confirm they are in fact, actual beasts. Good luck with this pal, I will definately be following again!

Yes mate!! Very pleased to see you back on this! Gutted there will be no Clist or Beeney, I've really enjoyed playing the save you uploaded and can confirm they are in fact, actual beasts. Good luck with this pal, I will definately be following again!

Thanks Hannah, I was gutted when I realised that I couldn't qualify for Europe. I also feel that I had played pretty well and I feel this save isn't going as well in regards to creating my own youth. I still have a few gems though. Just about to start the third season and I have signed quite a few players. The team should be good enough to get me to the championship and then a few more signings to get me back to the prem.

The eventual aim is European dominance as in the previous save I had won everything apart from the FA cup. I'm also trying hard not to sign the same players as last time to keep it fresh. I think that might have something to do with me not concentrating on the same youth players as before. That being said if Redmond becomes available then I will jump on it as he was great value and I will also be looking at Bayern and PSG's youth team when I'm near the premiership as there are some absolute bargains to be had.

Season 2014-2015

The journey takes it's first venture into the football league.

View attachment 382929

Transfer Update

Rangers manager has decided to splash the cash now that his Rangers team were in the football league. Manager Stewart defended what could be seen as a serious overspend by claiming that this team could acheive another set of back to back promotions and not need many more reinforcements until they were in the Championship. Gers fans are delighted to see some ambition being shown by the Rangers manager but are weary as to what happened to their beloved team in the past.

Stewart also mentioned that some players may leave to try and recoup some of the initial summer outlay. Below is a list of the transfer ins and outs.

View attachment 474430
Here is a run down of the players and also a brief outline as to the managers plans for them

View attachment 474429
We currently have young Bailey as our number 1 but he is still finding his feet in between the sticks. Blackman has good potential and i will rotate the 2 goalkeepers to see who will become our long term number 1. Too good a deal to knock back on a free.

View attachment 474428

Nathan had bags of potential a few years ago but a mixture of injuries and a reportedly bad attitude meant he has so far not reached his potential. On a free transfer and playing infront of 50 thousand supporters every week will hopefully mean he will knuckle down. I expect bags of goals from him.

View attachment 474427

Gary's contract was running down so I decided to secure him early for the bargain price of 65k. Should be a major creative force in the heart of our midfield.

View attachment 474426

Not convinced with Helan tbh. I wanted to move Urquhart in from left back to centre half so I was desperately short in the full back department. Will more than likely be back up but I am hoping for a decent run in one of the cups so I am expecting another long season and he should still get at least 10 games.

View attachment 474425
I am not convinced by Templeton as our long term answer for left wing so Jacobs will now be first choice. Looks a tidy player and still young enough to improve. One of our more expensive outlays but hopefully worth it.

View attachment 474424

I let Argyriou go at the end of the last season as he was a greedy wee greek soI was very short at fullback. Spent a fair few quid on Will but I am hoping his Yankee routes might ignite an interest in Rangers revivial over in the States.

View attachment 474423

Better than Helan and also a Yank meant I was keen to sign Potts up. WIth this signing i felt more secure as to the left back position than I did with Helan.

View attachment 474422
Was available on a free and looks a tidy player. Nuff Said

View attachment 474421

Final fullback and I am not paying a penny on wages. Can't really go wrong.

View attachment 474420
The player im happiest with. I think he will make the box to box midfielder position his own for Rangers. I expect him to be around in the premiership never mind the Championship. Given the captaincy also.

View attachment 474418

I wasn't going to sign Nico but he was free and offers alot of options to us. I feel he may become my Jack of all trades although i feel he will be a master at none.

So that's the signings I have made for the upcoming season(most probably the next one 2). I stillhave plenty of money left but I am keeping it for when I am in the champioship and I might need it to buy some real quality.

Let me know what you think. In truth I feel the squad is way too strong and we should walk it. I am going to go play it now. Depending on how I get on may give another update with my lineup/tactice etc. Let me know if that is info you are interested in?

how did you manage to put rangers in england and manage to allow them into europe as i got them in england but not europe

how did you manage to put rangers in england and manage to allow them into europe as i got them in england but not europe

There are 3 drop down boxes. When you put Rangers into England, 2 of them automatically change to England the third doesn't and it's this box which is called Europe based I think which you also need to change to England

Some great signings. Nice to see some different players there! Ralls & Wallace look like great signings and good value for money. Should make some tidy profit on Gardner & Delfuenso too should you sell them in the future, however I can see them tearing the lower leagues apart.

I'm torn between wanting to play Rangers in Europe and not wanting to give up this current save! In mine, Ross Clist has just lost out on Europe's Golden Boy award and Meier is tearing up the Premier League! Made some tasty signings too, the regens are incredible in this save!!

Some great signings. Nice to see some different players there! Ralls & Wallace look like great signings and good value for money. Should make some tidy profit on Gardner & Delfuenso too should you sell them in the future, however I can see them tearing the lower leagues apart.

I'm torn between wanting to play Rangers in Europe and not wanting to give up this current save! In mine, Ross Clist has just lost out on Europe's Golden Boy award and Meier is tearing up the Premier League! Made some tasty signings too, the regens are incredible in this save!!

Iv been finding it hard to motivate myself to play this game as I am still raging at not being able to have Clist et al in Europe. I felt I had built a beast team for a relatively small amount and could dominate Europe given the chance. I just need to knuckle down and play the next few season and get back into the premiership and go from there but it is a slog.

Also I have started a few other saves off which is distracting me from my Goal for Rangers. One of which is my youth challenge and the other is based off a joke I heard at a wedding (Bangor City).

I miss Clist sooo much lol. Don't think I have ever had a academy product that waqs so good. Glad to hear you are continuing the save tho. Quick tip raid Bayern and PSG's youths as there are monsters to be found.

I miss Clist sooo much lol. Don't think I have ever had a academy product that waqs so good. Glad to hear you are continuing the save tho. Quick tip raid Bayern and PSG's youths as there are monsters to be found.

I've made a few big signings tbf as the board have invested some more money for some bizarre reason, made Loftus-Cheek a permanent signing as he was immense, and now in other saves I can't help myself signing him up early for a mad price haha.

Clist is incredible, Beeney for me has been just as good, and both are now regulars in the England senior squad, Clist is valued at £14mil, that young striker Thirwell (17 I think) is looking promising as a target man. It's January so I'm raiding them for their out of contract youngsters, looking good so far.

Will still be following this though mate, hope you can finally take over Europe with them! Have you had any good youth prospects?

I managed to get some games played last night. As far as promising youngsters, my oldest player in the first team is 22 so there are all promising youngsters :p.

I do have a poacher paul hayes who is about to turn 17 and is playing in the first team for the third season(1st season youth intake) Stat wise he is douing well but more importantly he scores when he plays which is obv the most important thing. TBH I noticed that you don't massively improve until you reach the championship as you can then send your players out on loan more easily. Try and get some more done tonight and an update on the league progress etc