Rangers in Scottish Third Division?

adadrobt

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm a huge Rangers fan and i am bitterly disappointed on what has happened to the club, however i think the Third Division would be best for us as Supper Ally said! We can build a new squad of youngsters while the rest of the SPL crumble!

I also think it would be a fantastic challenge on FM13, and something i'm looking forward to! What does everyone else think about this?

Totally agree with you! Im also looking forward to manage Rangers in Fm13, for now you can just manually take them down in third division with the editor.

I really agree with your point of view. Your idea is considerate.
g.gif

Ive just started a game with Rangers in third division and replaced them with the most likely teams in the other divisions

Released all the players that have gone or transfered them to new clubs ETC

and so far it is really easy, conceded 2 goals in 12 games, scored 41, drew one game and lost two cup game to Celtic and East Fife mainly due to injuries of key players

Thanks for all your replies! Yhh i tried myself to do a database but i was a wee bit biased haha and it didnt work out! Cheers LFCMarshall im a big fan of your updates and this one sounds good, i will be downloading it when im back from work!

Good challenge for FM.

Edit: Why don't you make this a challenge in the challenge section?

Thanks for all your replies! Yhh i tried myself to do a database but i was a wee bit biased haha and it didnt work out! Cheers LFCMarshall im a big fan of your updates and this one sounds good, i will be downloading it when im back from work!

Its not out pal, and is not included in tomorrow's version.. i only did it for my personal game haha

im waiting officially to see what league they are in etc before changing it on my update

Alexander
Broadfoot - Goian - Bocanegra - Wallace
Mcculloch - Bodoya
K.Hutton - Forbes (Signed ) - Kerkar
Healy/Hemmings

Pretty much still a good team for SPL, so walking div 3, only when i had about 6 injured it gets hard as no back up, only youngsters

Will make a great game on FM13, getting them back to the 2nd best club in scotland ;) and creating a whole new team and era
Should make getting the Scottish hero achievement a little easier

I might be wrong but i think Bocanegra & Bodoya are leaving too marshall :p Although should still walk the 3rd div lol

Will make a great game on FM13, getting them back to the 2nd best club in scotland ;) and creating a whole new team and era
Should make getting the Scottish hero achievement a little easier

I might be wrong but i think Bocanegra & Bodoya are leaving too marshall :p Although should still walk the 3rd div lol

Yea no confirmation so just kept them in for the minute!

Seeing as your a Rangers fan I want to ask for an opinion.

Should Rangers join the English league system. rumour was (being rumour) they were looking to buy bury and then take their place in the English League one.

Now it would cause alot of outcry if (being british tabloid BS btw) do this. But if the deal went ahead, would you like it more?

The upside of it is that English football leagues are richer then the Scottish division. And 1 promotion into the championship puts Rangers pretty much in a league with the same value as the SPL. If they get promoted to the premier league, they will not only make alot more money. BUT they could ahve quite a monoploy on Scottish Talent and you could see something like with Barca where half of the Scottish national team is in the team (Plus the odd 2605 foreign players)

The downside being that the Glasgow derby would only ever happen in Europe.

Thoughts?

Id prefer them to stay in scotland and work there way up, couldnt see them coming to england in the long term let alone short tert. Just dont see it im afraid

I'm currently doing LFCMarshall's update of Rangers in the first that he sent me, it's still a good challenge but cannot wait till '13 and to do the 3rd division. I could edit it myself but have no clue how to work it lol

I think Bocanegra could go, Goian and Bedoya apparently are staying. Bedoya's been back at training anyway.

Seeing as your a Rangers fan I want to ask for an opinion.

Should Rangers join the English league system. rumour was (being rumour) they were looking to buy bury and then take their place in the English League one.

Now it would cause alot of outcry if (being british tabloid BS btw) do this. But if the deal went ahead, would you like it more?

The upside of it is that English football leagues are richer then the Scottish division. And 1 promotion into the championship puts Rangers pretty much in a league with the same value as the SPL. If they get promoted to the premier league, they will not only make alot more money. BUT they could ahve quite a monoploy on Scottish Talent and you could see something like with Barca where half of the Scottish national team is in the team (Plus the odd 2605 foreign players)

The downside being that the Glasgow derby would only ever happen in Europe.

Thoughts?

I would love that mate as I'm English and live in Coventry some of the matches would only be down the road! I don't get time anymore to travel up and watch games due to work so that would make it a little more easier, however it wouldn't be the same without the Glasgow Derby which in my opinion is the best match to watch in the world even from a neutral point of view!

Yhh the english leagues are by far more richer but would Rangers be successful in England, we would probably get to the Premier League but would we really qualify for Europe coming up against the likes of United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool ect.. it would depend on what talent we bring through! The football standard in England is very different to Scotland!

Although to add, this would never happen because Rangers want to keep their tradition and it would collapse Scottish football all together, and we want to win trophies; to do this we would need to stay in Scotland and get back to the top! Cheers.