Rangers into liquidation before the season ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administration, I would guess rather than liquidation. I haven't been following it that closely, but it strikes me Mr. Whyte
has been quite careful to avoid any input of cash into the club. Effectively, Rangers were bought using their own advance ticket sales for the next four seasons, thus clearing their existing debt to the banks.

If they go into administration, that starts to look like quite a clever scam, no? I don't think the creditors could realistically get much cash out of them, they are already mortgaged to the hilt.

It wasn't an answer to it. What I meant was, in football it's an excuse.. Religious conflicts will always be there, and the Catholic-protestant is obviously not the only place in which this happens, and, it probably isn't anywhere near the worst.

In football it is trivial things that are unnecessary, whether it be singing, vandalism, threats or abuse, it's pathetic, and this sort of hatred has no place in football anymore.

I just wish football would stop being a way for people to publicise their bigoted religious and political views.

Very true, totally agree.

Administration, I would guess rather than liquidation. I haven't been following it that closely, but it strikes me Mr. Whyte
has been quite careful to avoid any input of cash into the club. Effectively, Rangers were bought using their own advance ticket sales for the next four seasons, thus clearing their existing debt to the banks.

If they go into administration, that starts to look like quite a clever scam, no? I don't think the creditors could realistically get much cash out of them, they are already mortgaged to the hilt.

Only shifted the debt really, mate. Lloyds have been paid but the £18m debt that was owed to Lloyds has now just been shifted to Wavetower (owned by Whyte) or through Ticketus (who gave Whyte the £24.4m) so Rangers still owe that £18m to one of those.

I personally think it's Wavetower that paid Lloyds off so if the worst happens Whyte hasn't lost out because he will get that £18m back because Rangers still owe him/Wavetower. The £24.4m that he got from Ticketus was to go towards the running of the club as well as the debt that Rangers are in and remember if this was all arranged last April - a month before the official takeover - he would have been banking on Rangers getting into the Champions League for the money. Because they never got there it has steadily went t**s up for him and NOW Rangers owe Ticketus the £24.4m.

So there's the £49m for the taxman, the original £18m plus other debt that Rangers are in because the £18m was just with Lloyds and there's NOW the £24.4m owed to Ticketus for the mortgaging of the season tickets.

If (when) they go into administration, creditors might not get mush cash out them like you say and I think that is why more and more companies have come forward to try and get their bills paid from Rangers before the inevitable does happen. Once in administration then anything that will get cash will be sold off and this will include their training ground Murray Park. The best players will be sold as well as anything else so cash can be raised. I think this is where if they owe more money than they can pay off, they will go into liquidation.

To say that Rangers are up s**t creek without a paddle is a MASSIVE understatement.

Hahaha :p

Anyway, goes from bad to worse for Rangers. At the end of a 2-0 beating by Dundee Utd.

They rely far too much on Davis for creativity, and it's now showing.

Hahaha :p

Anyway, goes from bad to worse for Rangers. At the end of a 2-0 beating by Dundee Utd.

They rely far too much on Davis for creativity, and it's now showing.

You're forgetting that they have the Nigerian Messi as well
56.gif

What do Rangers and Celtic fans have in common? They are both obsessed with Rangers. Fact!

What do Rangers and Celtic fans have in common? They are both obsessed with Rangers. Fact!

Argue and ***** and fight like a married couple at times lol

That's because they are a really good freak show and like all good freak shows you just can't help but watch, point fingers and laugh at them
bbpd.gif

LOL the Nigerian Messi...

Who came up with that? I want to laugh at them :p

I liked Aluko when he was at Aberdeen. He, like many other in the team, showed promise, but collectively they failed to live up to that, time and again.

Be interesting to see what happens from now on.

It's more entertainment than obsession
56.gif

So it's entertaining you watching Rangers romp to the last 3 SPL trophys with the mess we are currently in (and have been in for the last 5+ years) just goes to show how bad Celtic are under Lennon and in no way are we out of the running for a 4th league title in a row

Keep Believing

We Are The People <3

and this is why threads like this get closed.

Stay classy guys, no really

So it's entertaining you watching Rangers romp to the last 3 SPL trophys with the mess we are currently in (and have been in for the last 5+ years) just goes to show how bad Celtic are under Lennon and in no way are we out of the running for a 4th league title in a row

Keep Believing

We Are The People <3

I hate that We Are The People ****, and I hate that the moderators on here don't seem to understand what it means....

Heres someone asking the question to yahoo, and theres a perfect answer straight away to what it means! - http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080403140141AA8Stmk

"It is a throwback to the dark old days when the 'establishment' club Rangers represented the true people of Scotland and indeed Great Britain. I think they refer to themselves as 'The Quintessential British Club' as an extension of this claim. The desire to be seen as the club of an essentially Protestant country hence, 'We are the People'.
Sad because as far as I was aware, this Scotland was branded as a multicultural and multi-faith country. So to me it's outdated and silly really but if they think they are the people, then let them. They are just fooling themselves and no-one else."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.