Rangers - More challenging than you think

scottlaw18

Reaction score
Has anyone started a game with Rangers yet? I am now into my second season, and after walking the third division (scoring 98 and conceding 10, losing 1 game and winning the league by 33 pts) I have found my second season a lot lot tougher. After the first season the financial difficulties have started and the 'recievers' have sold 4 key players so far (for peanuts) -

-Lee Wallace
-Barry Douglas
-Richard Brittain
-Ross Perry

Just wondered if anyone has got a bit further on than me and knows what the financial situation is like once you get into the first division/SPL?

Just like to share experiences cheers :)

it stays pretty much the same. season ticket sales are a saviour. im just starting my fourth season and im back in the premier league. strolled third and second divisions, losing only 1 game per season. first division was a little harder, i lost 5 league games. i think due to the financial difficulties the only thing you can really do is bring the youth players through, iv got several of them in the first team now

Has anyone started a game with Rangers yet? I am now into my second season, and after walking the third division (scoring 98 and conceding 10, losing 1 game and winning the league by 33 pts) I have found my second season a lot lot tougher. After the first season the financial difficulties have started and the 'recievers' have sold 4 key players so far (for peanuts) -

-Lee Wallace
-Barry Douglas
-Richard Brittain
-Ross Perry

Just wondered if anyone has got a bit further on than me and knows what the financial situation is like once you get into the first division/SPL?

Just like to share experiences cheers :)

They tend to jump through the leagues with ease, but it's disappointing when they turn to armed robbery to keep the finances going.

I'm not bothered by crime itself, but robbing businesses with unloaded guns is poor form.

In all seriousness, Hearts and Rangers should have been liquidated and refused membership to the SFL.

Yeah I am now in season 2, top of Division 2 by around 15 points - looking to youth

Team is pretty young

GK - Alexander
LB - Wilson (17 y/o regen)
CB - Gasparatto(18)
CB - Faure(21)
RB - Francombe(20)

LM - Templeton
CM - Macleod (19)
CM - Polworth(18)
RM - Aird(18)

ST - Cameron Smith (18)
ST - Shiels