Jamie1807

Reaction score
View attachment 310363

MCCOIST ACCEPTS PLACE ON BOARD

Rangers CEO Charles Green has offered a place on the board of directors at Rangers to manager Ally McCoist which he has accepted, but the Rangers legend has decided to give up his managerial position. McCoist said on his decision: "The last few months has been very stressful for me and everyone at Rangers, Charles has offered me a wonderful opportunity to take part in board meetings and offer advice on the football sides of things along with Walter Smith, I have decided on my own accord to step down from running the playing team as I feel it would be too much pressure and I'm an old man now. I have been given the task of finding a new manager, I think someone with Rangers at heart would be best in what will hopefully be a successful rise through the ranks."

View attachment 310366
McCoist​

NEW RANGERS MANAGER APPOINTED

Rangers today appointed former player Jamie Macdonald as the man they want to lead Rangers back to the top of Scottish football.

32 year old Macdonald who played for Rangers between 2005 to 2011 before retiring at the age of 30 due to a knee problem. He also played for Scotland winning 41 caps and scoring 19 goals, he was most recently in charge of Rangers under 19s and was noted for the attacking play he instilled in the Rangers youth, which contains a lot of players he'll have to use in his first team due to the drop down the divisions.

Speaking at his press conference, a delighted Macdonald had this to say: "It was a huge shock but an utter honour to been asked to lead Rangers in this weird predicament we're now in, but that's life. I've been with the under 19s for a year and even though it's a big step up I'm feeling confident in my ideas I have for the side and I've a pretty strong squad. I've spent the last couple of days in discussion with Charles, Walter, Ally and also Kenny McDowall and Ian Durrant about my own ideas for Rangers and I'm looking forward to it".

When asked about what he expects of Rangers new surroundings in SFL3: "I think it will be a lot harder then some might be expecting, I don't want to sound cocky but we should and probably will run away with the league. But I will be getting my players fired up for a battle but hopefully we'll play some lovely attacking football as well. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure our players and supporters are too."

STENHOUSEMUIR 1-3 RANGERS

Wednesday July 18, 2012
Ochilview Park, Stenhousemuir

RANGERS: Alexander, Cole, Perry, Gasparotto, Wallace, Hutton (Black), McCulloch (c), Little (Aird), Kyle, Sandaza (Naismith), McKay (Templeton)

RANGERS GOALSCORERS: Kevin Kyle (15), Barrie McKay (27), Kal Naismith (64)
STENHOUSEMUIR GOALSCORERS: John Gemmell (35)

A decent first game for Jamie Macdonald as Rangers manager resounded in a comfortable 3-1 victory.

"I thought our performance for what is a very new look playing team and a new formation was pretty good. Stenhousemuir and no disrespect to them are the same level of opponents we'll be facing in SFL3 this season so it's good for the players to experience that and the kinda small grounds we'll be visiting. I am encouraged by this result and performance and am also delighted for big Kev, Baz and Kal getting on the scoresheet for the first time for Rangers."

View attachment 310383

Last edited:
CREWE 2-0 RANGERS

Saturday July 21 2012
The Alexandra Stadium, Crewe

RANGERS: Currie, Argyriou, Hegarty, Faure, Wallace, Black, Hutton, Shiels, McCulloch (Templeton) (MacLeod), Little (McKay), Aird (Crawford)

CREWE GOALSCORERS: Luke Murphy (38), Ryan Colclough (88)

Rangers made the journey south from Glasgow to Crewe for their second and final pre-season friendly, but they suffered a defeat to a solid Crewe Alexandra side.

It was a pretty even game until the 15th minute when 21 year old Rangers midfielder Kyle Hutton received a second yellow card and was ordered off by referee Trevor Kettle. Macdonald then switched to a 4-4-1 with Little as the main striker.

Crewe captain Murphy scored a freak goal from a corner in the 38th minute to give the home side a deserved lead. After the break was a pretty boring affair from both sides with nothing much happening in terms of chances until a slack pass back from Northern Irish defender Chris Hegarty allowed Crewe's young striker Coclough to nip in and take the ball round goalkeeper Blair Currie to knock the ball in at the death.

RANGERS MANAGER JAMIE MACDONALD: "The red card early on killed the game in my opinion, I do think Kyle deserved his two bookings and I will have a word with him but I think we can more put it down to lack of match sharpness. It was a tough game but more so after that, the first Crewe goal was a complete fluke but we should have been more sharp in defence. We'll put it down to experience."

"I'm looking at trying to bring in Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool to help shore up the defence, not sure if we'll get him. I know Celtic and Wigan are in for him too. I know Danny well though and hopefully that'll sway his mind and hopefully he'll have no problem playing the season in SFL3, but I think Liverpool would prefer him to be playing at a higher level and I understand that."

View attachment 310407
Danny Wilson: May rejoin Rangers