Rangers vs. Celtic 24/4/11

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
170px-Rangers_FC.svg.png
180px-Celtic_FC.svg.png

The final Rangers - Celtic game of the season will take place on Sunday at Ibrox, kick-off at 12:30 refereed by Craig Thompson. Rangers go into the game with a narrow one point lead with Celtic having a game in hand.

Team News

Rangers

Lee McCulloch & Jamie Ness are both unlikely to be fit in time to feature. With long term Kris Broadfoot and on long Vladimar Wiess certain to miss out.

Likely line-up:

McGregor
Whittaker Weir Bougherra Papac
Davis Edu Ness
Naismith........................Lafferty
Jelavic
McGregor, Whittaker, Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Davis, Edu, Naismith, Fleck, Lafferty, Jelavic, Healy, Hutton, Diouf, Foster, Kerkar, Wylde, Alexander, Ness, McCulloch.

What Walter had to say:
"It's my last Old Firm game and it's one I hope we can go on and win.
"I just look forward to it, whether it's my first or my last.
"It doesn't really matter. It's the result that is going to matter more than anything.
"We have reached the stage of the season that everybody should be looking forward to.
"There is that pressure placed on everyone who comes to the game on Sunday to make sure their behaviour is as it should be.
"I'm afraid the outside circumstances are dominating more than anything else."

Celtic

Celtic will be missing Joe Ledley, Cha Du-Ri and long term absentee Andreas Hinkle. Shaun Maloney is also doubtful to be fit enough to start the game.

Likely line-up:

Forster
Wilson Majstorovic Mulgrew Izaguirre
Forrest Brown Kayal <3 Commons
Stokes Hooper​

Forster, Wilson, Majstorovic, Loovens, Mulgrew, Izaguirre, Samaras, Brown, Commons, Ljungberg, Kayal, Ki, Forrest, Stokes, Hooper, Zaluska, Murphy, Rogne, McGinn, Maloney.

What Neil had to say:

"There seems to be a groundswell now of support and a unity between the squad and supporters as a whole.
"We are going to need that between now and the end of the season. But, from a personal point of view, I really can't thank them enough.
"I have a target in mind that I have had since the start of the season - and that's to try and bring the championship back to the club and I have not been swayed on that by any means.
"I am just totally committed to and concentrated on my players and how to keep them in the best possible form between now and the end of May."

Prediction?

Last edited:
Nice op, but can i ask you to change on thing, switch the likely lineup for rangers from hutton to ness ? (A)

I refuse to predict this, all depends on what team wants it more imo.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Hang on a minute actually, Hinkel still plays for celtic ? :O

Nice op, but can i ask you to change on thing, switch the likely lineup for rangers from hutton to ness ? (A)

I refuse to predict this, all depends on what team wants it more imo.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Hang on a minute actually, Hinkel still plays for celtic ? :O

Is Ness not likely to be out? Ill change it anyway.

Yea he is still under contract but has been injured all season. He is out of contract at the end of the season and will be leaving.

Is Ness not likely to be out? Ill change it anyway.

Yea he is still under contract but has been injured all season. He is out of contract at the end of the season and will be leaving.

Thanks, and nah he made his comeback against St Mirren last saturday, and played a part in Dundee Utd midweek ;)

I was sure you sold him back to Germany, must have imagined it I guess :S

Justice done, was never a penalty Stokes looked for that and the referee who had been good up until then brought it.

unlucky celtic but i still think you will win the league

Diouf to score, but I won't predict a result. And he didn't. That free kick was my hope =[

Last edited:
Neil Lennon is a ******* idiot.

Neil Lennon is a ******* idiot.

Why?

If it is because of him taunting the Rangers support then, i agree to an extent. But he has been throw a lot and he doesnt need these bitter fans hurling abuse at him when he was minding his own business and praising his fans.

I think the peno was soft but if it was outside the box im pretty sure it would be given by most refs, and there would be little complaining done. The one earlier in the match on Ledley was a peno for sure. Whitaker had no intention of going for the ball and was clearly just blocking/obstructing Ledleys run. I was disappointed with Stokes at the end, their was contact but he went down way to easy, i dont like to see Celtic players doing that. Over the course of the game Rangers where the better team and had more chances but that is the way Lennon wanted it with that team. I was disappointed that he didnt start our normal team and go for the win to all but finish Rangers off. McGregor kept Rangers in it despite them playing better over the course of the game.

It was annoying to see Rangers only begin to sing when we where applauding our manager. Im not suggesting that they arent aloud to cheer at that period but it ****** me off that they deliberately tried to stop us supporting our manager. It actually wouldnt have been to much to ask them to join in with our appluse to show the idiots sending bombs that we dont want this in our sport.

Overall pleased with the result and the title is truly ours to throw away.

Edit: Have to say I had a good laugh watching Diouf, this man never fails to amuse me. Comes on fouls, has a cry, fouls again. Takes the pethetic free kick that someone like Jelavic/Davies might have scored.

Last edited:
I never fail to be amazed when any club takes such a huge gamble by bringing Diouf to the club. Such a major gamble and liability

I never fail to be amazed when any club takes such a huge gamble by bringing Diouf to the club. Such a major gamble and liability

I genuinly think that Walters January transfer window buys where purly to try and wind oup or fans. They are paying a percentage of Diouf and Healy wages to sit on the bench and make the very odd appearance, usually when the game is wrapped up.

Because after this bomb threat, you'd think he'd keep a low profile.

But no, not Neil Lennon; he goads and taunts the Rangers supporters at the final whistly. Pure stupidity.

Because after this bomb threat, you'd think he'd keep a low profile.

But no, not Neil Lennon; he goads and taunts the Rangers supporters at the final whistly. Pure stupidity.
As I said I agree to an extent but to be fair when you go threw what he has this last while and then have thousands of bitter fans taunting and singing "what's it like to live in fear?" I think you can justify his temporary lapse in Judgement. He has asked journalists not to question him about it etc. as he knows it was silly and wants it to just fade away. However you can bet they will store more **** and make a big deal out of it.

As I said I agree to an extent but to be fair when you go threw what he has this last while and then have thousands of bitter fans taunting and singing "what's it like to live in fear?" I think you can justify his temporary lapse in Judgement. He has asked journalists not to question him about it etc. as he knows it was silly and wants it to just fade away. However you can bet they will store more **** and make a big deal out of it.

I was there, and can confirm this urban myth is a pile of *****. What you will have heard being sung, is "No Surrender Davie Weir!"

The only songs aimed at anyone in the Celtic dressing rooms were 'If you hate Neil Lennon clap you hands' and at Anthony Stokes 'Your dads a terrorist!'

I was there, and can confirm this urban myth is a pile of *****. What you will have heard being sung, is "No Surrender Davie Weir!"
Im pretty sure I heard "whats it like the live in fear." There was defiantly taunting going on after the game though.

The only songs aimed at anyone in the Celtic dressing rooms were 'If you hate Neil Lennon clap you hands' and at Anthony Stokes 'Your dads a terrorist!'

That was nice, I assume yous did that during the minutes tribute as well? How mature.

Well he was defiantly provoked and he took the bait again, he knows it was silly and is trying to distance himself from it.

You'd think they would give Lennon a bit of a break after all he's been through recently, obviously not.

Celtic for the title.