gary1873

Reaction score
Looking for players for rangers preferably youngish going replace a lot of the older players in the squad ie daly simonsen foster mculloch black law templeton moshni salt and going try and replace them with younger players on smaller wages cheers

Dont sign anyone first season, Finances go in decline as they are losing 1mill roughly a month! Most of they players contracts expire at the end of the season anyway so dont renew as they are not work the 5-10k a week wage.

Im currently at the start of the 2nd season with Rangers in the SPFL, so far i got Alex Bruce for free on 6k a week as the defence needs sorted ASAP and with a crappy budget he seemed a reasonable choice for now.

Got a few loans as well just now will mostly use them for rotation etc, Jese Lingard from Man UTD? check spelling on that, hes a left winger. Got Charlie Adam on loan but had to pay some monthly contribution to that so he costs a bit, but im going to get him on a free at end of season as he has by FAR better stats to any other Rangers player so far.

Got a German Right Back as well for 60k called Zimmerman im sure he plays with BMG but not to sure as im not at home to check, he plays in about 3/4 positions as well which helps as the budget isnt there.

Essien is a free also, adds a bit of a presence in midfield for a season

As a Rangers fan myself i recommend keeping Aird, Lewis Macleod and Wallace, everyone else can GTF basically as there ****.

Ill post more if i find any more bargains, just in pre season just now.

As the above post stated i will be keeping Aird, Macleod and Wallace however i will also be keeping Cammy Bell, Faure and Barrie Mckay! Everyone else can GTF. Hopefully Jon Daly just doesnt turn up fro pre season!!!!
I signed Liam Craig from Hivs in the first season and he was great at set pieces for me, also Adam campbell on loan was great.
i have signed Marcello Trotta on a pre contract but thats all so far.

I looked at Trotta as well, but i havent went for him, When i get home ill probably take about an hour to find some bargains as you have to be 100% with Rangers due to there state of finances. Almost got Stefan Strandberg but he chose more money from Getafe! pfffft

cheers dezy and stevenm92 ur right about them being rubbish but thanks for the help and suggestions

im only half way through the first season so let me know who you sign in the second season if they were any good.

My Team start of 2nd season

Gk - Cammy Bell
Rb - Zimmerman (from BMG)
Cb - Alex Bruce
Cb - Jesus Valejo (check spelling) Hes on loan guys a wonderkid
Lb - Lee Wallace
Cdm - Essien
Cm - Charlie Adam (on loan)
Cm - Lewis Macleod
Aml - Jese Lingard (on loan from man utd)
Amr - Aird
St - Denis Straqularsi (not sure on spelling) he was a freebie and a complete find

Just started a season with rangers myself. Signed Sean st.ledger a lad called meghni, Nigerian lad oidhi spelling and a striker called saghore.

Does anyone else change the full coaching staff as well at Rangers? I'm on my second Gers save as the first ended up in disaster!! 9 points clear 2 get beat last day of the season from Hearts and they won the league by a point!! Went right through them and then drew 2-2 with Cowdenbeath away and got sacked!! Quite rightly so lol! Ross Lyon done really well last few games of the season!

I just got rid of Kenny Mcdowal at the end of the first season and brought in Billy Dodds, also added a few more coaches and better fitness staff - what we could be doing with IRL

For anyone interested at the start of the second season i signed...Callum Paterson (Hearts - 300k) Brad Mckay (Hearts 150k) Fraser Fyvie (free) Gary Mckay-Stevenson (free) Bonazzoli (Inter - Loan) Darren Fletcher (free)

signed Fraser Fyvie on loan, links well with macleod. also signed a wee right back from livi in Shaun Rutherfor for 125k, pretty good, got like 10 assists that season. my best signing was Pavel Savitskiy, got him for free and the kid is a beast. second season he has played 31 games scoring 30 goals and 19 assists. big Faure is pretty solid in it so id keep him. got shot of most my team in second season and sign mostly free's so need any help for second let is know.

had a terrible first season finished 3rd behind hearts and hibs and lost to hibs at stage 2 off playoff had a nightmare with injuries , i signed nathan luscombe and darcy blake on a free , signed cristian oxlade chamberlain for 34k got george green ,marcello trotta, and marcos llorente on loan from everton fulham and real madrid , let mculloch and templeton go for free to get them off the wage bill gave boyd, miller, mcreger ,zaliukas and faure , new contracts lee wallace was already on a longer contract ,kept air and mcleoud also

promoted darren ramsey ,ross lyon,robbie mcrorrie and jordan mclaughlan and ryan hardiefrom under 20 squad and the rest were put on transfer list or demoted to under 20s and released at end of contract

i brought barry mckay gasperatta and halket back from loan in january