Ranieri Leicester City tactic... And a little Vardy question

rrj2415

Reaction score
Right I have created my own Leicester city tactic in which tried to emulate their real life play and I feel it is quite successful, I am currently second in the premier league with 7 games left to play and the tactic seems to be working wonders however the times that it hasn't done so well, that have usually been specific player mistakes for example I feel asif kasper definately needs replacing in goal after making a lot and a lot of mistakes, and there have been quite a few own goals scored. All in all though I feel the tactic is very good and working very well especially on the counter l.

Along with my my main tactic I hve also created a side one which uses the same shap however has a target man up front for when ulloa plays however the tactic is pretty much the same. On the other hand I have made one different version which is a 4-5-1/4-1-4-1 as I had okazaki and ulloa both out injured for 4 months and 3 months so I was left with vardy as my only real striking option. We have scored the most goals in the league (67) with Arsenal behind with 63.

If you would like me to post screenshots or the tactics then please ask and I will do so!

however the main point of this thread is to speak about Jamie Vardy and your opinions of him. Do you find him a good goalscorer in the game? When I play as other teams the ai always manage to score a lot of goals with him especially in the first season, however I am finding his finishing to be SHOCKING. Also what role would you teccomend? Advanced forward with max closing down via opposition instructions closing down cb's or defensive forward? I like to play his as a defensive forward however even with "likes to beat offside trap" PPM indont seem to feel he tries to get in behind enough? Discussion is very welcome

I'm interested in setting up a Leicester taking, so screenshots or better a tactic download would be good.

I used Vardy as a DF-S with player instructions of dribble more and move in channels. He scored 38 in 35 first season and 46 in 44 second season. His finishing was very good for me consistently.

Ican post the tactic later on and for me his finishing is very very poor

I used Vardy as a DF-S with player instructions of dribble more and move in channels. He scored 38 in 35 first season and 46 in 44 second season. His finishing was very good for me consistently.
Have to echo this, Vardy is a monster in the DF-S position had more or less the same success as mentioned above.

Using what tactic may I ask?using what tactic may I ask?

I'm interested in setting up a Leicester taking, so screenshots or better a tactic download would be good.

this is Ancelotti interview by a China sports web,talking about Leicester 442 :

https://translate.google.com/transl...16-04-15/doc-ifxriqqv5731866.shtml&edit-text=

not sure you can understand the poor google translate or not

As a coach, a lot of people wanted me to analyze in detail the tactics used by Leicester City. Leicester City for excellent performance,

I see five key points:

rapid transfer, (rapid ball transfer ?)

create space by moving the offensive, (create space with attacking movement ?)

defensive and compact stations, (narrow & compact when defend ?)

in the restricted area to prevent the accumulation of rival wings of the players to form a shot,
(bus parking in the boxes,to prevent opponent player shot from wing ?)

holding each other and continue to oppress ball players.
always pressing the opponent player who have the ball.)

Last edited: