Raposa poderosa - Cruzeiro Esporte Clube story

Algenstein

Reaction score
Cruzeiro is a Brazilian football club, from Belo Horizonte, province Minas Gerais. It was founden on January 2nd, as Pallestra Italia.

In 2003 Cruzeiro won ther 1sth and only Serie A Championship.
They have also won the Campeonato Mineiro 36 times, Copa Libertadores 2 times, Supercopa Sudamericana 2 times and Recopa Sudamericana, Copa Oro, Copa Masters one time.

The club play their home matches in Mineirao, which is one of the biggest stadiums in the world. Is has capacity of 75 000.

Cruzeiro s biggest rivals are Atletico Mineiro, with whom they share the stadium.

Adilson Batista was sacked yesterday form manager position, beacuse he didnt meet board expectations. Not 24 hours passed, Cruzeiro s chairman Zeze Perrella unveiled new manager, Slovenian born Uruguayan Simon Kodrich. Mr. Kodrich is very unexperienced manager, but manager is willing to risk, beacuse of his great vision and ambition to rise the club above!

Cruzeiro squad is very ambitious, many young prospects ( Diego Renan , Thiago Heleno, Elber,...) and also many experienced players ( Gilberto, Claudio Cacapa,...)

The main aim is to qualify for Copa Libertadores, but secret ambitions are tittle challenge. I think we have everything to achieve that goal.

More to follow in the afternoon:)

Last edited:
So I have started a job at Cruzeiro. I hate friendlies so we cancelled them all. I like to play attractive, attacking football, so our formation is 4 - 3 - 3. I have done a revision and our team is more than good enough to achieve all expectations. I have loaned some young players to smaller clubs, and sold some decent players due to money need. I have only bought out of contract Julio Cesar as a cover at back.

It is January 2010 and its Minas Gerais state championship on the table.

1sth leg is against Uberlandia, Parque de Sabia

Uberlandia - Cruzeiro 0:6 ( Kleber 3, Wellington Paulista 2, Henrique)
We have dominated form the start till the final whistle. Kleber an Paulista were simply unstoppable today and a long range powerfull shot from Henrique sealed the 6:0 victory for Raposa.

Copa Libertadores Preliminary Round 1
Nacional Asuncion, Mineirao

Cruzeiro - Nacional Asuncion 3:1 ( Wellington Paulista 2, Kleber )
I was expecting a win, we were better team on the pitch, again Kleber - Paulista partnership proved to be simply fantastic. They have managed to get one back, a mistake by our goalkeaper Fabion. But a big advatage for the 2 nd leg

Minas state
America MN, Mineirao

America MN - Cruzeiro 1:3( Wellington Paulista, Thiago Heleno, Fabricio)
My firsth derby clash against our second rivals America. The venue was held at Mineirao. Firsth half was very boring, nothing interesting had happened. But at the half time I said to the boys to go out there and start to play football. Not long in 2nd half, Wellington Paulista s great strike from the edge of the penalty area gave us a lead. We started to press a bit more and a great header from cornen by Thiago Heleno gave us 2:0 lead. They have managed to put one back, but in the end great strike from DM position from Fabricio sealed the deal for today. I was delighted with the win!

Copa Libertadores Preliminary Round 1, 2nd leg
Nacional Asuncion, Arsenio Erico

Nacional Asuncion - Cruzeiro 1:5 ( Kleber 2, Thiago Ribeiro, Gilberto, Leo Fortunato)
I was hoping to go through to the group stage, but my team shoved that they really gel together. They were absolutely unstoppable and we coud have won by a bigger margin. But I am delighted with current performances and we are through.

MOM
kleber-cruzeiro-agencia-estado_ddaf2984e2ceea7677353504823986dd.jpg

He was really fantastic, scored 6 goals and 2 assists in 4 apperances. Interest in Kleber is really high, teams like Valencia, Hoffenheim and Atletico Madrid are preparing bids for him, but I can only hope to keep him around.

Last edited:
So I am very pleased with the results this month, we have managed to stay unbeaten and it is looking I am starting to enjoy at Cruzeiro.

Minas State

Mineirao

Cruzeiro - Ituiutaba 2:1 ( Kleber 2)
It was a very poor much, they were slightly better oppontent, but I am very lucky manager to have Kleber in my squad, beacuse he is absolutely a beast up front. So narrow win, but we got 3 points and that is what it matters,

So Copa Libertadores draw was made, we have been drawn in a group with Barcelona(ECU), Gimnasiya La Plata and Aurora. Pretty lucky draw, I e are thnik Barcelona and we are favourites to go through!

Minas State

Cruzeiro - Caldense 3:0 ( Kleber, Gilberto, Thiago Ribeiro)
Not 2 minutes in the game, is Kleber show again. We have controled most of the game, attacking, but were very un efective. Bit then great half volley from edge of the area from Gibo, 2:0. Thiago Ribeiro later scored a nice goal, off the post. So at the end comfortable win:)

Minas State

America TO - Cruzeiro 0:3 (Kleber 2, Marquinhos Parana)
So we again dominated the match, Kleber was once again the King up front, setting up all three goals. He could score a hat - trick, but un selfish move from him gave Parana chance to get on score sheet for the firth time this season.

Copa Libertadores

@Felix Capriles

Aurora - Cruzeiro 0:0
It is always hard to play against Bolivian or Ecuadorian clubs, but we were doing pretty well in that game. The only problem was, we couldnt score. Their goalie had a fantastic day, but it is okay. I am not too down hearted with the result. Also Parana was sent off in 87 th minute

And now, it is one and only, MINAS STATE DERBY

Raposa : Galo 1:1 (Thiago Ribeiro)
It is the 1sth derby of the season against Atletico Mineiro. I was going for the win before the match, but I have to admit, we were very poor today. We were lucky to score at the beggining of the match, but then it was al Atletico Mineiro till the final whistle. I have to be happy that my defence was very solid today. Happy with the result, still top of the table.

Due to bad perfomances, I was forced to terminate Joffre Guerron s loan. I have many talented young strikers, like Eliandro, and he could improve if i give him a chance!

Man of the Month.

kleber-sebastiao-moreira-efe.jpg

Klebeeeeer!Again, he was absolutely fantastic, and he is getting better from game to game. He scored 5 goals this month and managed to get 3 assists. Simply marvelous

Last edited:
Very nice layout I'd say. Nice detailed writing. I'll follow ! ;)

So its another month around in Brazil, an its again all about Cruzeiro in Minas Gerais state!

Minas State

Cruzeiro : Tupi 5:0 (Thiago Ribeiro, Wellington Paulista, Diego Renans, Henrique, Elicarlos)
I was expecting an easy game, and we have done excactly what was excpected from us. Elicarlos has debuted in this game, and i was very pleased with his performance,

Copa Libertadores

Cruzeiro : Gimnasia La Plata 3:0 (Kleber, Wellington Paulista, Roger)
We are in the great form, and this game has come in the right time. Not much into the game, it was Kleber s another goal. We have played better, retaining possession throughout the game, and it was Paulista s long range shot which gave us 2:0 lead. Then it was Elicarlos s great pass to Roger, whose volley surprised away goalie. So 3:0 at the end, top of the group. I am delighted!

Minas State

Villa Nova : Cruzeiro 0:6 (Eliandro 4, Roger, Kleber)
I have decided to rest some of our players and give chance to some of our younger hot prospect players. I gave another chance to Claudio Cacapa to impress me, but he failed. I think he will soon leave the club. I have more than adequate replaces for him, such as Leonardo Silva and Leo Fortunato. But back to the game, Eliandro s debut was soon awarded with the goal. Simply nice. Not much later it was Paulista s great pass to Eliandro, great dribbling, and 2:0. Several minutes later, it was 3: 0. Who was the scored? Eliiiiiandberooooo! Classic hat - trick on his debut. Then Gibo stole pass in the midfield, crossed the ball forward and it was Eliandro s header for 4:0. This was getting dream come true for him?Then we pressured a little bit more, and Marcos s long range shot ended behind home goalie. Later one foul was made on Eliandro, and Kleber managed to score from the spot. Great performance from all of the team, but Eliandro! Fantastic.

Copa Libertadores

Barca : Cruzeiro 1:6 ( Roger, Kleber 3, Eliandro 2)
So it was 1:0 at half time. I was expecting tough game, and it proved to be. But then i changed Paulista for Eliandro and it looked like a poetry. Kleber - Eliandro show was simply marvelous! Fantastic win for La raposa poderosa, and we are now one step closer to the next round of the round!

Minas State

Democrata : Cruzeiro 0:3 ( Leonardo Silva, Wellington Paulista, Eliandro)
So we have started a little bit reserved but then header from corner by Leo Silva gave us wings. We have attacked until final whistle and great long ranger shot from Paulista and a curved shot from edge of the box from hot Eliandro gave us a comfortable win. We are top of the Minas table, never looking to give spot to Galos!

Minas State

Cruzeiro : Uberaba 2:1 ( Fabricio, Eliandro)
So i have underestimated a bit our oppontent, beacuse they havent got a point. So we played with our reserves, but lucky header from Fabricio and a powerful shot by our starlet Eliandro proved to be enough to maintain our unbeatable streak. They got back in 92 th minute, so no as close at it lookes like. I am pleased with the win, we cannot always win by + 3! Great team!

Copa Libertadores

Cruzeiro : Barcelona(ECU) 5:0 (Wellington Paulista 2, Kleber 2, Parana)
So after the firsth game I was very optimistic before the match, and it proved to be the right spirit! Wellington paulista s header gave us a lead. But we were still attacking and Klebers killer pass to Paulista doubled the lead. But then was Kleber who scored. Individual effort, near post shot. Then Parana passes to Ribeiro, Ribeiro to Kleber and Kleber to Paranaaaaaaaaa. Great volley strike, simply the best action in this game. Later on, Klebers counter sealed the deal for tonight. We are sitting top, 4 points clear from Gimnasia, 2 games to go! I think we re already in second round, beacuse with this form, we can go to the end!

It was fantastic month! t is all I can say. The team is so gelled together that i have no intention to serach for new players, beacuse we have all we need. I am maybe thinking of right wing back, beacuse Jonathan is not playing well, but Marcos is fantastic. Jucilei maybe?

Man of the Month
It was hard decision between Kleber and Eliandro, but i will go for our young star to boots his morale and gave him inspiration to be even better!

eliandro+cruzeiro.jpg

So 4 apperances, 6 goals and 4 assist. Nothing else to say here

Last edited:
Minas State

Ipatinga - Cruzeiro 0:0
It was horrible start for us, in 7th minute Julio Cesar was sent off. But we were responsible at the back and managed to retain draw. It was good result and i was pleased. We finished firth in Minas State. Now it s playoff against America TO.

Minas State, Quater Final

America TO : Cruzeiro 2:4 (Thiago Ribeiro, Kleber 2, Elicarlos)
It was awfull firsth half for us, ent one down very early. It was 2:1 at the half time for them. But in the second half my team played atomic football. 2 Goals from Kleber and one from Elicarlos sealed the deal for us. I am dissapointed with two goals in our net, but we have to be plased with the victory.

Cruzeiro - America TO 6:0 (Kleber 3, Thiago Ribeiro 2, O.G.)
SO we have dominated the match, forcing them to mistakes and we have won by a big margin. We are going through semi finals, where we face challenge from Caldense

Copa Libertadores

Gimnasia - Cruzeiro 0:0
It was always supposed to be difficult match, and it proved that way. Both teams had some chances but in turth was really poor match. With this draw, Raposa secured 1sth place in the group. Nice!

Minas state, semi final

Caldense : Cruzeiro 0:4 ( Kleber, Eliandro, Wellington Paulista 2)
SO even firsth half, but Klebers s powerful volley shot it was the difference. Kleber has injured, and Eliandro replaced him in 2nd. Not 4 minutes in, Eliandro scored. Then we controled the match, and 2 golas from Paulista gave us a big lead before 2nd leg. I think we are in the finals!

Cruzeiro : Caldense 5:0 ( Jonathan, Anderson Lessa, Kleber, Thiago Ribeiro, Marquinhos Parana)
Predicted result, Anderson Lessa scored in his debut, and Claudio Cacapa was given his last chance to prove his qualities. Off course, he failed.

Copa Libertadores

Cruzeiro
: Aurora 4:2 ( Kleber 2, Wellington Paulista, Thiago Ribeiro)
So Kleber scored in 11sth minute, and we controled the match until final whistle. Our forward trio was antastic. They have managed to score twice, but it is OK. We are through to the next round, where we are facing though challenge, Internacional. Very unlucky draw.

Minas State, Final, 1sth leg

Galo : Raposa 0:0
It was reeally very boring derby, they were a little bit better, but it is deserved draw for us, which gave us a big lead for the 2nd leg.

Copa Libertadores

Internacional : Cruzeiro 2:1 ( Thiago Heleno)
We have started very well, Gilberto s cross from free kick to Thiago Heleno gave us a lead 1:0. We have controled the game in 1sth half, but were unlucky. Roger hitted the post. In second half we have played even better, but were very unfortunately to not double our lead. And it proved costy. They have managed to equalise, Alecsandro s header from corner, and 5 minutes before last whistle they have scored on counter. So firth loss for us, but we have some optimism before second leg.

Man of the Month
It was not hard to choose, with Eliandro injured, was all about Kleber again.
kleber04022009.jpg