RasenBallsport Leipzig German Domination

leckuno

Reaction score
View attachment 64240

The Club

The club that everyone else in Germany loves to hate have made a simply incredible start to their Bundesliga Domination with finishing 2nd in their debut season which saw them smash a number of records on their way. The club was founded by initiative of the company Red Bull who purchased the playing rights of a fifth division side SSV Markranstadt, with the intention of a advancing the club to the Bundesliga within eight years.

Long term Aims for the club

The aims for my time in charge of the club is to continue with Leipzig's tactic of buying youth players with bringing in the odd more experienced head to help bring them through. We will also be looking to bring through our own youth players as well.

Short term aims for the club

Our only short term aim will be to finish in one of the European qualification places in the league for the first couple of seasons to help bring in top talent

I hope you all follow and comment so thanks in advance for viewing and comments

Pre-Season

Players Out

Benno Schmitz leaves for Leverkusen for a fee of £2.9 million that may raise to £3.6 but he was going to be my 3rd choice so when they came in it was the chance to raise some funds.

We also offered out Dominik Kaiser out for transfer but nobody would take up his services so he has been loaned out to VVV-Venlo. We will let his contract expire at the ends of the season as well.

​Players In

So the most import aspect to any season the first transfer window to strengthen the team.

A new Centre back and a new striker were my priorities.

So we have brought in 2 new players and they are both players that I know well from my Ajax save

First up is Matthjis de Ligt who comes in for £10.5 million but can increase to £18.5 million which will happen at somepoint over the next few seasons.

View attachment 64230

Next in is Dolberg whohas come in for £20 millions but will rise to £32 million if the add-oms are hit which I will expect.

View attachment 64229

I am also going to start looking into a long term replacement for Keita just now with the hope of signing them in January or next summer.

First XI

So we will be playing an attacking 4-4-2 with the wingers and full backs both being more that happy to run up and down the wings and provide balls into the box for my 2 strikers.

Mvogo will be my first choice keeper with Galacsi playing backup. in January or June we will look into signing a young player to come in and compete for the No.1 spot. For left back we have Halstenberg who will be first choice for the next few seasons. Right back we have Klostermann who again will be the long term first choice.

For the CB positions my first choice will be de Ligt with Upamecano playing next to him. Both will be playing as ball playing defenders to try and get the ball out of defence instead of just punting it up the field. Will Orban will be great cover and get games when they need rested as well. Konate will be a good rotation option who could improve in the future.

In midfield we have Keita playing as a roaming playmaker with Laimer playing enxt to him as a ball winning midfielder. On the right wing playing in an attacking role we have Sabitzer as a winger and then Forsberg playing down the left as an inside forward. We have lookman and Bruma as suitable back ups for the wings if needed as well.

Upfront we have Dolberg playing the the centre forward role with Werner playing as an advanced forward. The two young boys should do well and get plenty of goals. As back up we have Poulsen and Augustin who will provide good injury cover. We will look to improve the cover in future windows.

What happened to AJAX ? lol, Be careful not to quit n start stories then you will never get followers man! I will keep an eye on this when I can though.

What happened to AJAX ? lol, Be careful not to quit n start stories then you will never get followers man! I will keep an eye on this when I can though.

Posted an update in it saying that I's lost interest due to how easy the league was. needed more of a challenge ans the update came at the perfect time

August

DFB-Pokal 1st Round

SPVGG Unterhaching: 2 (Hagn 3, Hain 38)
RB Leipzig: 5 (Sabitzer 2, Dolberg 29, 51, 59, Werner 53)

This really was a game of two halves here as the fist half was a lot harder than expected but Dolberg comes through on his Debut with a hatrick to sort it out.

--

RB Leipzig: 6 (Upamecano 36, Sabitzer 44, Werner 70, 87, Dolberg 72, 90)
Stuttgart: 1 (Gomez)

Safe to say be did not expect this result and what a way to get the season off to a start. Werner wanting to show that Dolberg in't there to up show him.

--

Mainz: 2 (Muto 5, Quaison 33)
RB Leipzig: 3 (Werner 32, 46, Forsberg 82)

A great win considering we fell behind twice but Werner pops up again with the goals. The main down side of this game is we lost Keita nd Laimer to injury and they will both miss the next 2 to 3 weeks.

--

Summary

What a start to the season across the 2 competitions we have scored 14 goals. Hopefully this can continue and our young defence can hold their own.

We have jumped back into the transfer market and brought in Xadas for £325k from Braga and should be a good back up player

View attachment 64228

The board have also agreed to upgrade the youth, training and data analysis facilities. This will help my philosophy of developing players and bringing through youth

The champions league draw has taken place and we have been drawn in a horrible group but I guess that's the joy of being in the 4th pot

View attachment 64222

Last edited:
September

RB Leipzig: 4 (Kampl 3, Abraham o.g 37, Werner pen 65, Dolberg 75)
Frankfurt: 1 (Boateng 44)

An excellent win considering we were missing two key midfielders for this game

-

Champions League Group Stage

Napoli: 0
RB Leipzig: 1 (Werner 78)

A great start to our champions league group but to be fair Napoli just didn't turn up today

--

Gladbach: 1 (Hazard 73)
RB Leipzig: 4 (Werner 1, 21, Dolberg 77, 88)

Werner and Dolberg just can't stop scoring at the moment and they both keep getting the assists as well.

--

RB Leipzig: 1 (Poulsen 88)
Hannover: 1 (Harnik 49)

We had to rest a number of players here but the team played well and managed to secure a point right at the end

--

Hertha: 1 (Kalou 49)
RB Leipzig: 3 (Werner 14, 28, Forsberg 48)

Key players come back into the team and blow Hertha away
--

RB Leipzig: 1 (Dolberg 68)
PSG: 0
What a win, I did not expect this at all but our counter attacking play paid off and we did get extremely lucky as PSG had a goal ruled out for offside

--

RB Leipzig: 5 (Dolberg 27, 82, Forsberg 32, Werner 45+3, Stambouli o.g. 78)
Schalke 04: 0

What a game. We absolutely destroyed them. The team played with the confidence of beating PSG

Summary

What a month we've had. It was always important to get off to a good start before we start coming up against the bigger teams in the league so we can get points on the board as a loss of confidence is always a worry further in.

League table

View attachment 64215

October

Koln: 1 (Ozcan 35)
RB Leipzig: 3 (Sabitzer 11, 39, Bruma 47)

--

Sporting CP: 0 (Wendel 40)
RB Leipzig: 2 (Ilsanker 75, Werner 90+3)

So Sporting were down to 10 men and then in the 70th minute Martains went of injured when they had used all 3 subs. We took full advantage of playing against 9 men and got the win

--

RB Leipzig: 3 (de Ligt 12, Werner 68, Sabitzer 80)
Bayern: 2 ( Vidal 38, Wagner 66)

An extra day off between the games to make sure everybody was raring to go. de Ligt became the clubs youngest ever scorer with his goal. It was an excellent performance

--

DFB Pokal 2nd round

RB Leipzig: 3 (Laimer 12, Werner 46, 80)
FC Nurnberg: 0

We chose to rest a number of key players here and everybody stepped up, Werner and Laimer started here to help cover for injuries.

--

Hoffenheim: 2 (Polanski 25, Kramaric Pen 54, Gnabry 69
RB Leipzig: 1 (Forsberg 5, Keita 35)

A disappointing defeat against the side sitting at the bottom of the table but it was coming at some point.
--

Summary

What a month we managed to beat Bayern at home which i didn't think would happen this season but they are really struggling this season. They are currently 7th with 15 points after 10 games.

We suffered our first loss of the season but I'm just glad it didn't come against one of the big teams and give us a hiding.

League table

View attachment 64201

November

RB Leipzig: 2 (Keita 27, Halstenberg 88)
Sporting CP: 1 (Doumbia 38)

With this win we have now managed to secure qualification to the next round. How far can we get in Europe.

--

RB Leipzig: 5 (Sabitzer 32, Werner 44, 45, Kampl 69, Dolberg 75)
Wolfsburg: 1 (Dimata 21)

We went 1-0 and I though the worse was going to happen but to run out winners like we did was exceptional. Showing we are going to be up there is we can hold onto our form

--

Hamburger SV: 0
RB Leipzig: 4 (Werner 4, Dolberg 23, Upamecano 56, Sabitzer 73)

This game could of been a lot worse for Hamburger as Dolberg missed a penalty and also had a goal ruled for offside.

--

RB Leipzig: 2 (Augustin 52, 76)
Napoli: 0

Augustin steps in for an injured Dolberg and puts in a excellent performance. Napoli have had a competition to forget and currently sit at the bottom of the table with 1 point

--

Augsburg: 1 (Cordova 11)
RB Leipzig: 1 (Werner 51)

This was a disappointing game mostly because Sabitzer and Ilsanker both got injured.

--

RB Leipzig:
Wender Bremen: 0

Summary

We continue our fight in Europe and will be finishing top of the group now in the champions league so hopefully we get a favourable draw for the 1st knockout round.

In the league we are marching on and have a 9 point lead. Bayern are still lagging behind at 8th with 6 wins from 14 games. They are still just 3 points off second though.

We have also agreed to sell Diego Demme to Benfica for £10 million in January. This gives us a transfer budget of £15 million to try and strengthen the team or bring in some prospects for a future season

League table

View attachment 64117

December

Freiburg: 1 (Ravet 20)
RB Leipzig: 5 (Kempf o.g. 48, Werner 69, 72, pen 90+4, Laimer 90+6)

This really was a game of two halves and my team talk along with the own goal really spurned us on and we start off the month a lot better than we finished November

--

PSG: 1 (Mbappe 10)
RB Leipzig: 2 (Bruma 85, Werner 90+1)

We went to Paris and we conquered, the final 10 minutes of the game were unbelievable and we secured a 100% record in the group stages

--

RB Leipzig: 3 (Kampl 63, Werner 65, 75)
Dortmund: 1 ( Guerreiro 86)

A drab first half followed by a cracker of a 2nd with 4 goals being scored.

--

Leverkusen: 4 (Alario 33, Volland 35, 87, Havertz 90)
RB Leipzig: 2 (Laimer 13, Werner 90+1
)

We were beaten by the better team here but it was a humiliating defeat which brought everybody back down to earth

--

DFB Pokal 3rd round

Hamburger SV:0
RB Leipzig: 4 (Werner 4, Dolberg 23, Upamecano 56, Sabitzer 73)

A well needed bounce back after the Leverkusen result. I would not have wanted to come up against us after that loss

--

Summary

We progress in Europe in which I think was a favourable draw with us being pitted against Shakhtar.

We also progress in the domestic cup to the quarter final which matches the board requirements so whatever happens now at least they'll be happy. I was even happier with the draw though with us getting Greuther Furth at home

In the league we now only have an 8 point cushion at the top and Bayern have finally sacked Heynckes since at the end of December they sit in 7th position. I fully expect a new manager to come in and fire them up the table.

League table

View attachment 64054

Last edited:
What on earth is going on with Bayern lol

They are having an absolute shocker. The just scrapped through in the champions league as well with finishing second in their group as they had the better head to head record.

Bayern have had some absolute shocking results to poor teams

View attachment 64053

They are having an absolute shocker. The just scrapped through in the champions league as well with finishing second in their group as they had the better head to head record.

Bayern have had some absolute shocking results to poor teams

View attachment 1149959

That's mental....won 1 in 9 opening games in all competitions.....relegation form that is! Ha ha

Going brilliantly for you in the league, hopefully you'll be able to keep this up. Bayern struggling has definitely benefitted you!

January

Stuttgart: 1 (Gomez 19)
RB Leipzig: 2 (Werner 14, Sabitzer 76)

A good win after having the winter break, everybody came back raring to go

-

RB Leipzig: 5 (Dolberg 3, 27, 66, Werner 46, Quaison o.g. 54)
Mainz: 1 (Quaison 1)

Bit of a topsy turvy game for Quaison here scoring past both keepers and getting the first and last goals in the game
--
Frankfurt: 0
RB Leipzig: 1 (Dolberg 58)

--

Summary

A great start back after the winter break picking up 9 points from 9. Werner is leading the scoring charts at the moment with 23 goals in 19 league games.

Bayern have now appointed Luis Enrique as their new manager and has got off to a much better start with 5 points from his first 3 games in charge.

So now to the part everybody lovers about January. The Transfer window

Transfers

Players Out

So for us to be able to spend we had to sell and there were players who weren't getting games and weren't in my long term plans

First to go as mentions in a previous post was Diego Demme to Benfica for £10 million as he hadn't made a single appearance under me.

Next to go was Yussuf Poulsen who we sold to league rivals Leverkusen for £10 million, there was no way he was going to get infrnt of Werner or Dolberg any time soon and Augusten was my number 3 striker.

Next was Stefan Ilsanker for £11.5 million to Liverpool. He was a good squad player but at 28 he was never going to force his way into the team as a first team player as he was to close to 30.

Finally we sols Peter Gulacsi to Barnsely for £1 million as again was too close to 30 and was never going to get game time

Players in

First in was Predrag Rajkovic for £7.5 million and he will become the first team keeper for years to come.

View attachment 63998

Nacho Mendez comes in from Sporting Gijon for £1.6 million and I firmly believe we can develop him at the club and he can become and excellent player.

View attachment 63997

We then pulled off a bit of a coup and I feel he will be Kieta's natural replacement so even happier we've brought him in just now. He only cost us £10.75 million and they were even prepared to put £30k a week towards his wage.

View attachment 63996

Finally on a permanent deal we brought in Thomas Buitink from Vitesse for £3 million who again should develop into a top class striker.

View attachment 63995

Finally to round it off we also brought in Vaclav Cerny and Alexander Isak on loan for a bit of cover

League Table

View attachment 63993

Last edited:
Let's hope Bayern continue to do terrible and not suddenly change things and turn their fortunes around. Keep it up mate.

February

RB Leipzig: 6 (Werner 15, 29, 45, Dolberg 21, 31, 42)
Gladbach: 0

A great game and its not often I see two strikers both getting a hatrick

-

DFB Pokal Quarter Final

RB Leipzig: 5 (Isak 3, 17, Augustin 9, 44, Upamecano 25)
Greuther Furth: 1 (
Narey 50, Konate o.g. 90+2)

Full rotation for this game to get people a run out and to see how they would get on. A bit disappointed with the own goal but we march on to the semi's now
--

Hannover: 1 (Jonathas 83)
RB Leipzig: 0

This was a disappointing game as we had 15 shots at goal and didn't manage to hit the target once

--

Champions League 1st knockout Round

Shakhtar: 1 (Ferreyra 81)
RB Leipzig: 2 (Sabitzer 24, Werner 45)

A narrow advantage and 2 away goals gives us confidence going into the return leg in front of our own fans

--
RB Leipzig: 5 (Gomes 5, Keita 27, Bruma 46, de Ligt 55, Sabitzer 60)
Hertha: 0

An excellent all round performance with other people picking up the goals and give the strikers a rest

--

Schalke 04: 1

Top two come head to head and we actually deserved to lose this today

Summary

So this month saw us suffer two defeats but all in it was still a successful month and we are 7 points clear at the top.

We are also looking good for going through in Europe as well.

Most importantly though for February was we had our youth intake and we got two promising players

Manuel Bubenik looks like he should be a promising winger in the future and could push for first team football in a few years

View attachment 63930

Luka Barisic
looks like he should be a promising Striker in the future and could push for first team football in a few years

View attachment 63929

For the league table I forgot to take a screenshot this month and already played a game in March so will make sure I post March's

Last edited:
March

RB Leipzig: 7 (Werner 8, 13, 19,24, Dolberg 52, Gomes pen 79, Bruma 86)
Koln: 2 (Osako 35, 59)

A great game and Werner has now scored the most goals in a season for Leipzig

-

Champions League 1st knockout Round

RB Leipzig: 3 (Dolberg 17, 39, Werner 28)Shakhtar: 2 (Taison 4, Marlos 40)

And we're through to the Quarter finals

--
Bayern: 0
RB Leipzig: 1 (Werner 77)

And we've done the double over Bayern and helped prevent their fight back and keep them out of the champions league positions for a bit longer

--

RB Leipzig: 2 (Dolberg pen 45+2, de Ligt 56)
Hoffenheim: 0
--

Wolfsburg: 1 (Didavi 8)

A disappointing defeat again and it lets Schalke close the gap

Summary

We have progressed in Europe but have been given a tough draw with getting Bayern so hopefully we can continue our run over them.

In the league we are marching on and are 8 points ahead with 6 games remaining so fingers crossed.

League Table

View attachment 63829

I've got to fancy you for the title now. A very good campaign in the Champions League too, it's been a perfect season thus far.

April

Champions League Quarter Final leg 1

Bayern: 0
RB Leipzig: 1 (Werner 90+3)

A last minute away goal may prove vital for the second leg.

--

Hamburger: 2 (Arp 76, Werner o.g. 90)

To be honest I threw this game as Hamburger are sitting in 4th spot and them winning this game would help keep Bayern out of the champions league spots

--

Champions League Quarter Final leg 2

RB Leipzig: 1 (Werner 84)
Bayern: 1 (Lewandowski 35)

And we put Bayern out of the Champions league with another late goal.

--

RB Leipzig: 1 (Kampl 59)
Bayern: 1 (Schmid 22)

This was a disappointing game but with games coming thick and fast we needed to rotate the squad.

--

DFB Pokal Semi Final

Stuttgart: 2 (Dendoncker 39, Donis 73)

And we bow out of the cup to the better team on the night. Hope this isn't the start of bottling big gamess

--

Wnrder Bemen:1 (Kainz 54)
RB Leipzig: 3 (Werner 4, 14, 52)

So happy to get back to winning ways and good to see Werner getting another Hatrick

--

Champions League Semi Final leg 1

Man Utd: 1 (Sanchez 56)

Away from home to Man Utd I think a 1-0 defeat is actually a positive result due to the squad that they have

--

RB Leipzig: 3 (Gomes 4, Werner 60, Xadas 64)
Freiburg: 0

Another good win in the league to keep us in the run for the title.

Summary

A bit of a disappointing month in the league with only getting 7 out of 12 points on offer but with the amount of games we played this month I guess its not too bad. We've blown most of out advantage in the league and go into the final 2 games with a 3 point advantage.

I'm disappointed not to have got to the final of the cup but in retrospect its good not to win everything going in the first season to keep me interested in the save.

In Europe it was great to put Bayern out since thye just haven't got going at all this season but I fully expect them to recover next season. For the semi final I fully expect us to put up a bit more of a challenge in the return leg.

League table
View attachment 63630

May Part 1

Champions League Semi Final leg

RB Leipzig: 1 (Bruma 90+3)
Man Utd: 1 (Lukaku 83)

A last minute consolation goal and we go out after another semi final

--

Dortmund: 3 (Moreno 12, Reus 21, Philipp 27)
RB Leipzig: 1 (Werner 13, Dolberg 73, Sabitzer 85)

So a tale of two halves here as 3-1 down after 27 minutes had me fearing the worst but after giving the team a roasting at half time they came out and clawed back a point

Summary

Disappointed we didn't put up more of a fight in Europe but again with the amount of games something was going to give.

In the league the draw means we go into the final game with a 1 point lead and we have the tougher game as we face 3rd placed Leverkusen.

Bayern and Dortmund still have a shot at finishing in 4th spot if results go their way so fingers crossed everything goes right.

League Table

View attachment 63620