rate of penalty kick conversion is similar to taking other set pieces

ninjapug

Reaction score
In FM 2016 managing Man Utd, I don't really celebrate when penalties are given to me because 70% of the time my players will miss it even though his PK rating is 15 and above. This is getting very unrealistic. Is this a bug? Does anyone face the same issue?

I think it's a bug. I also complained about this. But my players are worse: it a real rarity when they score from penalties.

I have to say my penalty takers don't always seem to hit the spot and I've had Rooney miss three in a row. But I guess it just makes me mix it up on the pitch and make sure they out score them.

I have honestly not noticed it. Most of my penalties are scored.

I've seen more proportion penalties saved than past year, without getting unrealistic. I think in FM15 they missed too few. I haven't seen enough penalties to count my stats as meaningful. I may be lucky. Since beta I think it's been like fourteen or fifteen penalties of which three have been missed or saved.

Same here managing United, Think the only pens iv'e seen go in was in a penalty shootout against Chelsea!

Always down the middle for the keeper to save usually.

In FM 2016 managing Man Utd, I don't really celebrate when penalties are given to me because 70% of the time my players will miss it even though his PK rating is 15 and above. This is getting very unrealistic. Is this a bug? Does anyone face the same issue?
it a real rarity when they score from penalties.

o.png

I think they score a bit less than they should, also playing with Utd, have Rooney, Lukaku and Reus as main PK takers (in that order of preference) and I had a period where I missed 5 out of 6 penalties, then scored and haven't had another awarded since (about 9 games or so).

what makes it more unrealistic is the AI have never missed one against me, despite their players being inferior in terms of stats for composure, penalties, technique, decisions etc and DDG being better than their 'keepers.

It's not an earth shattering bug, but I think it needs tweaking.

I've had no problems at all with penalties, but in LLM and with Leicester who im playing with now. (Although I did have 3 penalties given against me 3 games in a row)

I've had no problems at all with penalties, but in LLM and with Leicester who im playing with now. (Although I did have 3 penalties given against me 3 games in a row)

As in 1 per game/3 in total or 3 per game/9 in total!?