King Sid

Reaction score
I seem to remember there being somewhere where the different types of takeovers were listed with how good they were and how much money the club tended to get from them.

Can someone point me in the direction of this or explain them here please? My club (Dover) in the 2022/23 season are in the Premiership and there's rumours going round that we're going to be taken over by a consortium of businessmen involving a former footballer. I'd quite like to know whether my budgets will get an increase from the measly amount they are now if this goes ahead.

You're thinking about the Sugar Daddy rating. Well quite simply if you are gonna get one the message in your inbox will say, "Joe Blow plans to pump 200million over 2 seasons". It will sound something like that, otherwise you're gonna be running like you were before, all transfer money dependent on the clubs financial position.

If you are desperate to know however, when the takeover occurs you can always use FMRTE to see if you got a sugar daddy. But ill give you a heads up, I've never had a consortium be a Sugar Daddy.

Cheers for the advice, I was just wondering whether I'd get a bit more money from a consortium. My chairman's been in charge since we were in the Blue Square Premier and my two seasons in the Prem so far I've had transfer budget of £5mill and wage budget of £250k.

I was hoping that a consortium might give me a bit more money so I didn't have to rely on free transfers for old players. Guess I'll just have to keep working with what I've got, we do make a profit each month and are due a new ground soon so maybe that'll help.