Raul and Deco set for Premiership?

NUFCSean

Reaction score
Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is planning raids on Spain's Big Two to bring Raul and Deco to Tyneside this summer.

The News of the World says Toon's new owner plans to signal his ambition to make the club a worldwide brand by signing one of the biggest names on the planet.

A source revealed: "Now Mike has overall control of Newcastle he wants to make a statement of intent to the rest of world football.

"He wants to land a global superstar to show he means business and make everyone sit up and take notice.

"Mike hopes to move over the next few weeks as Raul and Deco face uncertain futures."

The future of Real Madrid skipper Raul has been in doubt since the sacking of boss Fabio Capello.

Portugal ace Deco wants to play in England and could be offloaded if Barca land Frank Lampard.

Source - www.tribalfootball.com

I so hope Mr. Ashley can pull this off, not only because I'm a newcastle fan, but also because these are two of the best players in the world, or were :p, and would love to see them playing in the best league in the world :D What do you guys think?

Raul and Deco set for Premiership?

No.

Hmmm, cant really see it to be honest. Not to Newcastle anyway.

why not? i mean we've got the money now and the fanbase is second to none. i reckon this could happen and would be great if it did. :p

Raul won't leave, the fans wouldnt allow it. And Deco might leave but not to Newcastle.

why not? i mean we've got the money now and the fanbase is second to none. i reckon this could happen and would be great if it did. :p

Because they might be clever enough to realise Newcastle have and always will fail, no matter how much money they spend. Fanbase is big but the attendances are often very poor for the small matches.

I would considering how big fans everyone seems to be.

yeah but come on, the prices are ridiculous, the season tickets are dear enough without having to fork out like £30 to go watch some league 2 team or summat lol

they might come to the premiership but deffo not to newcastle. theyre not good enough for 2 world class players like them.

i say no for two reasons.

1. la liga is the best league in the world not the epl

2. They wont go to newcastle, unless there getting world class wages.

knowing newcastle they'll probably be offered 200k wages or summat like that. plus they'll get a minumum fee release clause of about 6 million aswell :p

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is planning raids on Spain's Big Two to bring Raul and Deco to Tyneside this summer.

The News of the World says Toon's new owner plans to signal his ambition to make the club a worldwide brand by signing one of the biggest names on the planet.

A source revealed: "Now Mike has overall control of Newcastle he wants to make a statement of intent to the rest of world football.

"He wants to land a global superstar to show he means business and make everyone sit up and take notice.

"Mike hopes to move over the next few weeks as Raul and Deco face uncertain futures."

The future of Real Madrid skipper Raul has been in doubt since the sacking of boss Fabio Capello.

Portugal ace Deco wants to play in England and could be offloaded if Barca land Frank Lampard.

Source - www.tribalfootball.com

I so hope Mr. Ashley can pull this off, not only because I'm a newcastle fan, but also because these are two of the best players in the world, or were :p, and would love to see them playing in the best league in the world :D What do you guys think?

RIGHT ON! THAT'S THE PHRASE, TO THE STUPID, ****** UP THINGS YOU SAY - WE SAY "RIGHT ON!"

It's a lyric from an Anti-Flag song. I don't get it either.

:yikes:

Like people have said, Newcastle never really seem to be able to challenge for titles anymore, so i cant see them coming. Sorry.

yeah but the reason that we never seem able to challenge anymore is because we never have a good team. We get in individuals for big bucks, but always forget about the basics, like making sure we have a good, solid defense before we go splashing the cash. So, if these deals are going to happen :p then hopefully Big Sam realises that the spending shouldn't stop there and get in some defenders, which he seems to have realised as he's about to bid for 3 more defenders apparently :)

Raul's a no go however Nufc.com and the local chronicle are running the story that Deco could well be on his way to Newcastle.

(Nufc.com)
A story which broke on Sunday in the News of the World concerning our interest in Deco (pictured) of Barcelona appears to have moved on quickly, Monday bringing claims from credible sources that the player is expected on Tyneside for a medical this week.

Spanish newspapers reported last month that the 29 year-old Brazilian-born Portuguese international midfielder was on a list of players who had been declared surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.

(Newcastle Chronicle)
NEWCASTLE United are hoping to unveil their most spectacular signing of the summer with Sam Allardyce believed to be closing in on a big-name player from Spain. The Magpies have been strongly linked with Barcelona pair Edmilson and Eidur Gudjohnsen this close season and, while their interest in those two players remains, United have also been holding talks over the availability of other potential targets from La Liga.

The Journal understands that Newcastle have been offered Portugal international midfielder Deco by officials at the Nou Camp