Coupdhaha

Reaction score
In case anybody is looking for a cheap, FANTASTIC deep lying striker that doesn't miss his chances and creates plenty as well, look no further than Raul. He also has the fantastic stats for a tutor- got him currently tutoring Niang. Pair this guy with a fast pacey striker and they'll be causing havoc. This guy is an amazing pivot point between the midfield and attack.

Yep, the Real Madrid superstar is still fantastic at 35.

Bought him from Shalke for 4 mil pounds and he's on a 34.5 k/week contract.

At first I was planning on buying Tevez after selling Berbatov (seriously I don't get the hard-on the in-game Man U fans have for him) but Tevez was asking stupid wages. So I scouted Raul- came back with a 2.5 star recommendation. That didn't deter me, and now I consider him one of my most inspired signings.

RECOMMENDATION: 4 stars

Just to give you an example of what he does: 3 key passes and 2/3 shots on target (both 2 shots resulted in goals) in a game against Tottenham, which included Rio Ferdinand in their defence.

Last edited:
He flops for me, I signed him for free and he can't score a goal even though I kept playing him. I'm using Napoli as my team on a 3-5-2 formation

What are you playing him as? I don't think he works in a 3-5-2 formation, he's works better in a more attacking formation. With such as congested midfield, you're negating the DLF, which he basically is.

I'm playing a 4-2-2-2 and the beauty of this formation is that the AM wingers are inside forwards that cut in. This allows Raul to basically can a wide option of players near or inside the box that he can pass to and vice versa. Also, since Raul is fairly slow, the AM wingers arguably play up higher than high (all my wingers are pacey) and allows him to fed the ball forward for them to score.

It's very unusual that he can't score- his stats would indicate he doesn't miss his chances often. He has fantastic off the ball stats as well- try decongesting that midfield and making more space. Also try to get him into the penalty box- his long shots is pretty poor so you'll want him to be taking his chances inside the box.

If you insist on playing with the 5 midfield, try playing Raul as the AMC- set the "runs from deeper" slider to low. That way he'll be up the park ready to link the midfield to attack.

He's been a flop for me aswell 1 goal from 22 starts :S play him in a 4-4-2 set up

I think it's obvious but also important to stress that you're not buying him for that dynamic role. Also that this age, he suits a slow-paced game- lots of short pass and build up play.