vanspike

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have always wanted to make a successful attacking / high scoring tactic using Raumdeuters as the main goal scorers - but never really got one to work.

So was wondering if others have and what style / tactic works best to allow them to exceed.

For example - is a defensive, slow, short pass approach best to allow them to find space or is a quick direct approach best

What player is best as the key supplier for them? A deep playmaker or someone higher up the pitch who plays close to them.

I am trying out a 4-2-3-1 currently with the ST as a complete Fwd support, and a Treq in AMC. My 2 def mid are anchor and a segundo (just cause I am intrigued!!)

Thanks for any tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi vanspike,

you might want to consider changing your tactic slightly if you are using two raud's in my experience you would look more at the 4-2-4 i found that they are better at creating than scoring in fairness that really is there purpose.

i would start with counter attack, fluid.

team instructions:-
defensive line push higher up.
higher tempo.
mark tigher. p
revent short distribution gk. e
xploit the flanks.
clear to flanks.
mixed passing.
set the crossing to suit your striker basically 6"2+ float crosses 6"1- low crosses.

I create this tactic twice once for rauds lf rw rf lw and once for lf lw rf rw and swap tactics every 20 mins during game.

GK - SWK - ATT
FB - WB - SUP
CD - BPD - DEF
CD - BPD - DEF
FB - WB - SUP
DMCL - HB DEF
DMCR - DLP SUP
LW - RAUD -ATT
RW - RAUD ATT
STR - AF - ATT
STL - AF - ATT

Give it a whirl and post the results so we can see how you do :D

Having two Raumdeuters seems...risky to me (although full disclosure I've never really made heavy use of one). If you're having someone play as a Raumdeuter, you're giving him a lot of positional freedom (it translates to something like "space interpreter", which I think is the translation the game uses although it doesn't exactly capture the spirit of the original German (although I can't come up with a better one, personally, but I digress here)). Having two guys have that much positional freedom might undermine the structure of your attack or result in an area of the field being overcrowded while another is empty. Plus, when you lose the ball, you're more likely to be caught out of position. To my mind, it would seem like a better idea to only have one Raumdeuter and try to structure the rest of your team so that his positional freedom doesn't compromise your overall shape. Like I said, I'm not a Raumdeutermeister, so I may be off base with this and if you're getting results with it I can't really argue with that.

Last edited: