Martino

Reaction score
Hello fellow nerds. A friend of mine asked if I could make an updated version of RaumdeuterParty a tactic that performed really well in FM16(I made the tactic in an Ajax save). So i started working on it and I think I just created my new favourite tactic. It's not gegenpressing or extreme high tempo, it's a more balanced tactic with some clear tactical patterns and a striker that will bang in goals! Right now i'm testing it with Silkeborg IF in the danish superliga. Media predicted 14 or of 14. Right now we're top of the league with 5 wins and 1 loss. Beating the teams that were media predicted 2 and 3 on the way. No transfers. Here's the overall formation.

About the roles
Sweeper Keeper. Nothing special to say. I just prefer this keeper role. He distributes to the fullbacks.
Training:Sweeper Keeper

Fullbacks. Needs pace and decent crossing abilities and it's a plus if he's not a moron defensively. PPMs. Gets forward whenever possible. Looks for pass instead of attempt to score. Likes one-twos
Training: Complete wingback+pace or crossing

Central Defender: I prefer no nonsense CBs here, big and strong. Doesnt have to be ball players at all. PPMs Mark man tight and stays back at all time.
Training: Ball playing defender

Regista: The left one has get further forward ticked on unlike the right one, so look at him as the more offensive. The registas are the hardbeat of the team so they need to very versatile and dynamic. Good on the ball, dribble, vision etc but it's also vital that they have defensive skills. Maybe have one of them to be kinda dominant in the air. Seems to work with my team. PPMs I like for this position is runs with ball through the middle, dictates tempo, tries killerball often, get into opposition area(for the left regista). Dwells on ball(for the right regista).
Training: I actually prefer training them as roaming playmakers and maybe add tackle or heading.

Enganche. I tried different roles for this position, and none of them really clicks. I chose the enganche role as it seems to get the ball flowing the best way possible. PPMs. Tries killerball often. Places shots. Curls ball.
Training: Enganche or advanced playmaker. Depends on the attributes of the player used. Pace is not important at all here but passing and vision is.
Any inputs on this position/role change is most welcome

Raumdeuters. They cut inside to make room for the fullbacks and they almost act like playmakers drifting in from the flank. They get on the end of a fair amount of crosses, so besides the obvious important raumdeuter attributes, I think its key that they're good in the air as well. PPMs. Cuts inside from left or right flank. Curls ball. Places shots. Likes one-twos. Run into channels. Runs with ball can be good as well.
Training: Raumdeuter or advanced playmaker+finishing or heading.

Advanced Forward. Your goalscoring machine. Think of him as target man/complete forward. PPMs. Shoots first time. Shoots with power. Comes deep to get ball. Runs into channels.
Training:Complete forward.

Match preparation: Defensive positioning, offensive movements and team cohesion. I switch these three.
General training: Assistant manager
OIs: NO OIs

When you're the huge underdog you might want to consider changing to counter or defensive. Other tweaks are changing right regista to an anchorman and also you might want to consider changing the enganche to a shadowstriker or advanced playmaker(support). Works as well depending on your teams strenghts and weaknesses.

View attachment 92604View attachment 92603

DOWNLOAD LINK: RaumdeuterPartyFM17-4_C6806A17-D338-44A6-9A01-A1422962C35B

Last edited:
Hello fellow nerds. A friend of mine asked if I could make an updated version of RaumdeuterParty a tactic that performed really well in FM16(I made the tactic in an Ajax save). So i started working on it and I think I just created my new favourite tactic. It's not gegenpressing or extreme high tempo, it's a more balanced tactic with some clear tactical patterns and a striker that will bang in goals! Right now i'm testing it with Silkeborg IF in the danish superliga. Media predicted 14 or of 14. Right now we're top of the league with 5 wins and 1 loss. Beating the teams that were media predicted 2 and 3 on the way. No transfers. Here's the overall formation.

About the roles
Sweeper Keeper. Nothing special to say. I just prefer this keeper role. He distributes to the fullbacks.

Fullbacks. Needs pace and decent crossing abilities and it's a plus if he's not a moron defensively. PPMs. Gets forward whenever possible. Looks for pass instead of attempt to score. Likes one-twos

Central Defender: I prefer no nonsense CBs here, big and strong. Doesnt have to be ball players at all. PPMs Mark man tight and stays back at all time.

Regista: The left one has get further forward ticked on unlike the right one, so look at him as the more offensive. The registas are the hardbeat of the team so they need to very versatile and dynamic. Good on the ball, dribble, vision etc but it's also vital that they have defensive skills. Maybe have one of them to be kinda dominant in the air. Seems to work with my team. PPMs I like for this position is runs with ball through the middle, dictates tempo, tries killerball often, get into opposition area(for the left regista). Dwells on ball(for the right regista).
Training: I actually prefer training them as roaming playmakers and maybe add tackle or heading.

Enganche. I tried different roles for this position, and none of them really clicks. I chose the enganche role as it seems to get the ball flowing the best way possible. PPMs. Tries killerball often. Places shots. Curls ball.
Training: Enganche or advanced playmaker. Depends on the attributes of the player used. Pace is not important at all here but passing and vision is.

Raumdeuters. They cut inside to make room for the fullbacks and they almost act like playmakers drifting in from the flank. They get on the end of a fair amount of crosses, so besides the obvious important raumdeuter attributes, I think its key that they're good in the air as well. PPMs. Cuts inside from left or right flank. Curls ball. Places shots. Likes one-twos. Run into channels. Runs with ball can be good as well.

Advanced Forward. Your goalscoring machine. Think of him as target man/complete forward. PPMs. Shoots first time. Shoots with power. Comes deep to get ball. Runs into channels.

Match preparation: Defensive positioning, offensive movements and team cohesion. I switch these three.

View attachment 1117568View attachment 1117569

I hope you will get people to test this one out for you - becourse if it works - it will be a very exciting tactic - specifically becourse of the 2 poacher wings (Raumdeuter's) - its for me these kind of tactics that yells - Thinking outside the Box (Go against the crowd/Inventive/Surprising/AI breaking...maybe :D)

Cheers mate

I hope you will get people to test this one out for you - becourse if it works - it will be a very exciting tactic - specifically becourse of the 2 poacher wings (Raumdeuter's) - its for me these kind of tactics that yells - Thinking outside the Box (Go against the crowd/Inventive/Surprising/AI breaking...maybe :D)

Cheers mate

Yes, you can call the raumdeuters poacher wings, cause that's really what they are. They will score a decent amount of goals as well as create chances. Well it works perfectly in my Silkeborg IF save and I've tested it with Arsenal as well - won the league quite easily. The Arsenal save was a little different as the right regista was an Anchorman and the enganche was a shadowstriker. Rest was the same. I dont trust those tactic leagues too much - as it also depends on the manager. Anyway havent played around with opp instructions and tempo, so maybe there's something to gain here - dont know.

Really looking into improving this tactic so any inputs are welcome. Will try to improve the tactic on Friday as I have the day off ;)

Tried this, but despite the odd heavy win at home, far too open at the back. 7 of the players have attack duties, and only 2 with defend.

About the roles

When you're the huge underdog you might want to consider changing to counter or defensive. Other tweaks are changing right regista to an anchorman and also you might want to consider changing the enganche to a shadowstriker or advanced playmaker(support). Works as well depending on your teams strenghts and weaknesses.

View attachment 1117568View attachment 1117569

Ironic you play in Denmark, one of the best Raumdeuters was Danish, Preben Elkjaer Larsen

Tried this, but despite the odd heavy win at home, far too open at the back. 7 of the players have attack duties, and only 2 with defend.

Try changing right regista to an anchorman and maybe enganche to offensive mid(support). But will look into it as my first test with this tactic originally had an anchorman and also lower tempo and I easily won the league with Arsenal that way.

Last edited:
Ironic you play in Denmark, one of the best Raumdeuters was Danish, Preben Elkjaer Larsen

Yes. Preben Elkjær was the man! Winning serie A with Verona. He now works as a football pundit on Danish tv.

This tactic looks really great. I have tried some games in my Juventus save, and i cant complain. I have used the control mentality and also the counter.
We are scoring a lot of goals, 3-4 every game. Crushed Milan 4-0 and Napoli 5-2.. In some games we can have a 3-0 lead, then conceling a goal and straight after score one or two goals.
The back 4 maybe could be a bit tightare, as you say maybe try to have a anchorman to help out the defence more! I will come back after the season with a report.

This tactic looks really great. I have tried some games in my Juventus save, and i cant complain. I have used the control mentality and also the counter.
We are scoring a lot of goals, 3-4 every game. Crushed Milan 4-0 and Napoli 5-2.. In some games we can have a 3-0 lead, then conceling a goal and straight after score one or two goals.
The back 4 maybe could be a bit tightare, as you say maybe try to have a anchorman to help out the defence more! I will come back after the season with a report.

Cool. Bet Higuan will score alot! I will work on this tactic this weekend to improve it cause it's not as good as I wanted it to be when you play with an underdog team in a big league.

Going to give this a try with my Southampton team 1st season. Hope this thread continues and hope this works for me coz it's a interesting tactic with very different role to normal :)

Going to give this a try with my Southampton team 1st season. Hope this thread continues and hope this works for me coz it's a interesting tactic with very different role to normal :)

Thanx alot. Am still working on a better and more defensive version of this tactic. Havent settled on one yet, though i've tried all kinds of versions. Hopefully I'll figure it out eventually. That being said, i think the tactic works well enough for a long term save where you can build a squad around the tactic with small tweaks etc. The enganche role doesnt work well enough in this tactic it seems.
About good Raumdeuters, I prefer players with high anticipation, off the ball, acceleration and finishing.

Last edited:
Thanx alot. Am still working on a better and more defensive version of this tactic. Havent settled on one yet, though i've tried all kinds of versions. Hopefully I'll figure it out eventually. That being said, i think the tactic works well enough for a long term save where you can build a squad around the tactic with small tweaks etc. The enganche role doesnt work well enough in this tactic it seems.
About good Raumdeuters, I prefer players with high anticipation, off the ball, acceleration and finishing.

Any new's or progress on this tactic?

Tried to improve it this weekend, but can't really find something that makes it a lot better. Let me know if you have any ideas. Don't have time to play the next week or so. Maybe this year the ME favors strikerless tactics too much to really makes these wide formations amazing.
You can try changing the enganche to an advanced playmaker on support with PIs you prefer and change right regista to an anchorman. Maybe play higher tempo. Those things might make it slightly better but still unsure if it's better on a whole season. Just really like the idea of the "wide poachers". Maybe have the raumdeuters man mark opposition fullbacks/wingback will help as well so they operate more defensive.
still won the Danish league while experimenting with the tactic so it's not completely **** ;)

Last edited:
Try Fredrik Midtsjo from Rosenborg,improves dramatically when i sign him for Celtic, cheap too at 2 million, 1 mil up front rest over months.

Very good Raumdeuter