Rawwwr Tiger

Kris

Reaction score
Sorry about the stupid thread name but i thought i would share my Hull City game with you all.

Thought it might be a fun challenge so i gave it ago.

Was given 2m to finish mid table which was ambitious in itself as Hull are predicted 21st.

I had a look into the squad and had to change the whole thing.

bringing in all my players in July i was very busy trying to build a squad which would keep me in the championship and allow me to build on that for next season.

i signed a good few players on loan

Steven Wright (sunderland)
Daryl Murphy (sunderland)
Dene Shiels (hibs)
Matty Fryatt (leicester)
Lewis Buxton (stoke)

with a bit of money there for me i was also able to bring in a few faces from the spl

Russell Duncan 180k Inverness
David Lilley 150k Kilmarnock
Ian Black 350k Inverness
Cristian Kalvenes 250k Dundee Utd
Patrick Cregg 550k Falkirk

i also brought in

Mark Kennedy 500k Crystal Palace
Jimmy Walker 210k West Ham
Idigo Idiakez 200k Southampton

i spent 2.4m in total but made 775k in selling players i didnt want or need.

The season went amazing finishing 5th and after two penalty wins over Qpr and then West Brom i made it to the EPL at the first attempt.

Ok so about two minutes after i won promotion i was like.....****.

my squad was nowhere near good enough.

got 12m to 'attempt to avoid religation' and with 1000-1 odds to win the epl and prediction of 20th it was going to be a struggle.

12m is all well and good but the board were not up for paying anyone more than 15k a week so bringing in players was even harder.

once again i sold a few players i knew were nowhere near good enough for this level.

i will admit that i may have signed the wrong players but if i go down i will have a parashute payment to fall back on with a stronger squad i did have the first time around i should come right back up.

I have attached my season so far in the EPL. Not going very well but wish me luck and any advice on players or tactics etc is welcomed.

Well played, to do that with that squad is some going, and you'll easy make up the 4 points (Y)

WP, Ian Black is pretty good got him for Leics. See if ya can get anyone on loan from Utd or Chelsea's reserves that could be Prem quality. Danny Haynes from Ipswich should do a job in the Prem though you've made some good signings there. Duno what formation you play but maybe when u come up against the liks of Utd try 4-1-4-1 on defensive to try an stifle them. Just a thought

Well despite signing Matt Taylor and Kirk Broadfoot in January it was def not enough to keep me in the premiership. The board were however happy at my efforts and i did beat Liverpool 5-2 at home so the fans had a little something to smile about. I also like to boast the fact i scored 62 goals which was one of the most in the league....but i conceded 106 :| so there was def a problem with my defence but hey at least it wasnt boring like Wigan,Reading,Bolton etc

With my 30m for going down surely i will be right back up.

As if you got relegated...noob ;)

Good luck this season though. Try and build ur team up a bit more.

In defence try playing with 3 CB's in the Prem with attacking full-backs. Helped me keep a few clean sheets with Leeds.

well i have attached my signings for this season to date and my current league position.

not doing aswell as i would have hoped and i am conceding goals for fun AGAIN and scoring a lot AGAIN. Never a dull moment at Hull.

Jesus christ 20F and 17A in 6, nice goin! Its cos u signed Boumsong, thats why ya concedin. What Formation dya usually use?

Aye Good going its always harder in the Championship once you get relegated i think!!

I have a game with West Brom Just now came Second in the Championship to take me up! Am sitting 11th in the premiership after 25 games i have like 33 points so i should stay up this year once i get to the 40 points mark im going to aim for top 10 def realistic:D

Fantastic season i was up and down alot but my good form at the end won me the league. My signings in January were the trick i think. Hopefully stay up this time around, if not i quit :p

U need to sort out the defence man :p

the defence you start with is pish, ok technically but they all hav pace <9 ffs

It's not bad Turner and Brown did well but there was no way they were good enough for the epl

I am actually gutted, my saved game wont load and the backup wont load either.

****** off :irked:

*mega hug*

Wonder what happened.

It's happened a few times but never to a game i was really getting into :(