Askando

Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting a RB Leipzig save, given the current success of the team IRL. All though some of the players might have lower ratings than they would now if SI had to do an update, I was wondering, how well are the players like Timo Werner, Frosberg, and Selke d doing in your saves ? Also, could someone share Werner's CA and PA ?

The players are pretty well rated. Manumad has mentioned a few of them as I think he had a save with them already. Some real quality in that squad.

That said, there is a bug in the current game build that is causing German players to stay at their existing clubs even when better offers come in. SI is aware and it will be patched, but if could have an impact if you start with Leipzig and try to buy young German players - they won't come.

Yup I still have an ongoing save. There's a LOT of great players in all squads at RBL - people like Orban, Dadachov, Burke, Forsberg ... loads! Plus 3/4 which you can sell by season two (such as POULSEN) for quite a few bob.

Werner and Selke up front are goal machines ...

Yup I still have an ongoing save. There's a LOT of great players in all squads at RBL - people like Orban, Dadachov, Burke, Forsberg ... loads! Plus 3/4 which you can sell by season two (such as POULSEN) for quite a few bob.

Werner and Selke up front are goal machines ...

Do you also have the German player bug, that they want to stay in their region ? If so, does it go away after some time ? Also, how badly is it affecting your save ?

Leipzig have one of the lowest reputations in the Bundesliga, so I've read attracting players can be a bit tougher anyway until you have a bit of success.

How much did you pay for Renato Sanches?

-Back on topic, I just finished a season with Porto and RB Leipzig finished 4th so pretty accurately rated IMO

Do you also have the German player bug, that they want to stay in their region ? If so, does it go away after some time ? Also, how badly is it affecting your save ?

Didn't notice it with my players but when I tried a number of times to buy Sule he claims he loves the Hoffenheim region and would rather not join a CL winning team (amazingly I won the CL in my 2nd season having come 2nd in the league to Leverkusen in the first season).

Actually the AI controlled Leverkusen keeps buying well and is consistently the main team in Germany in my RBL save rather than Bayern and Dortmund.

And talking about Leverkusen I cannot not mention Pohjanpalo who is young, great and not expensive (for what he offers). Bought him in my Lazio save first season and is a bit of a goal machine.

In my Milan save (I am in December 2019) Werner has been amazing so far. He won the first striker award in last season Bundesliga. Maybe I will try bying him in the summer since he fits perfectly in my tactic as an advanced forward and Belotti (bought him from Torino) is not so stable so far !

Only had him for half a season, but Oliver Burke has been great for my Dortmund side. Bought him for 27M in January 19 to replace Dembele. Scored 4, assisted 4, with a 7.15 rating in 13 apps. Good in the air and tracks back willingly.

I'm wondering what Selke become. Can you guys give me screen of him ? And also Vitaly Janelt. Thank you.

(amazingly I won the CL in my 2nd season having come 2nd in the league to Leverkusen in the first season).

wow, that's pretty **** impressive! Did you buy any players first season? I see they're lacking a bit cover on the LB and maybe CB positions and got quite a nice transfer budget (£15m), wanna try a save with them myself now. standard 442 direct play seems to suit them, not much creativity and pass-stats on central midfielders.. any good tips?

Not as impressive as you d think actually as they ve got a pretty good squad. I sold Compper and that American cf and khedira and kaiser in the first season and brought in labyad and poyet free plus allef also free. Also Upamecano, Haidara loan, Gustavo Henriquez, Lautaro Martinez, Antonov and Sassa

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They ve got more creativity in them than you d think. People9 like Naby Keita are brilliant. It was my first save on FM17 so i was playing around in tactics using different stuff. But while i was finding out how tactics work this version I occasionally had to revert to one of the mr langvatn tactics i downloaded. But mainly i played an asymmetric 41121 wide (one winger in the cm strata on right one if in the am strata on left) pressing aggressive direct. But i react and tweak every match also.

Not as impressive as you d think actually as they ve got a pretty good squad. I sold Compper and that American cf and khedira and kaiser in the first season and brought in labyad and poyet free plus allef also free. Also Upamecano, Haidara loan, Gustavo Henriquez, Lautaro Martinez, Antonov and Sassa

still impressive, their squad is far from the best ones in Bundesliga but they look better than I expected!
I actually just delayed the decicion on whether to bring in Poyet jr or not myself, got a pretty stacked midfield but many very similar type of DM players,
bought Wahlquist to use as a CB and Kuki just because he's real cheap and develops fast.
Still pondering about that LB position, southampton just came in and stole Ludwig Augustinsson from right under my nose! Considering Grøgaard or Meling from the norwegian tippeliga, as the first choice LB seems like a good talent so I dont wanna spend a lot of money on a backup or even someone to take his position.

Gonna have a look at your other suggestions, thanks again mate!

still impressive, their squad is far from the best ones in Bundesliga but they look better than I expected!
I actually just delayed the decicion on whether to bring in Poyet jr or not myself, got a pretty stacked midfield but many very similar type of DM players,
bought Wahlquist to use as a CB and Kuki just because he's real cheap and develops fast.
Still pondering about that LB position, southampton just came in and stole Ludwig Augustinsson from right under my nose! Considering Grøgaard or Meling from the norwegian tippeliga, as the first choice LB seems like a good talent so I dont wanna spend a lot of money on a backup or even someone to take his position.

Gonna have a look at your other suggestions, thanks again mate!

Poyet never really featured or developed for me and spends his time mostly on loan. Labyad however was useful and I then sold him on for decent dosh.

Yup the first choice LB is class that's why I only loaned the Newcastle player in and bought Antonov.

Wahlqvist is great but I used him heavily in FM 16 and wanted to do something different here.

A lot of players in the RBL perform better than you would expect. People like Orban (one of the best cbs in FM 17 actually), Demme ...

Also Bayern were never that great in my save which meant I could win stuff much more easily.

Also Bayern were never that great in my save which meant I could win stuff much more easily.

How do you deal with the 2nd team being an affiliate club? I dont feel comfortable letting my young talents sit there when I cant control the coaches and how they are set up, also I'm not allowed to sign new coaches for RBL II.
The 2nd team dont play any competetive matches either,
and the u19 is probably too low a level for the best talents to play in, especially as they reach 18-19yrs age.. Loaning the best talent out doesnt feel right either, I never know how the AI trains them...

I have all my good youngsters in the reserves so that i can control training and tutoring but i also have them permanently available for RBL II. I only have crappy players at RBL II so my good youngsters unavoidably get decent match time.