torglenn

Reaction score
January 2013 coming up, and I need to strengthen my Birmingham squad. I've gotten into the Premier League and am doing ok, but my fullbacks seems to be the weak spot in my team.
Got Cheik M'Benque from Ajax as LB for £5.5m, and he looks like class (at least according to my scouts...).

So I need a RB for about the same money (5-6 mill), who can strengthen my team right away. Any suggestions?
(Nationality doesn't matter, work permit does.)

Welder, Douglas (Goias) Ayom, Van Der Wiel (might be a little expensive and wont join) Sime Vraskljo, Debuchy

Thanks. Looking at Vraskjlo at the moment, though Newcastle's not keen on selling him atm. Got a bid of 4,5 mill accepted for Romàrio (brazilian from club Vitòria), but he's 18, and more of a future investment, and of course work permit might be an obstacle. Oh, the suspense... ^^)

Debuchy doesn't seem like a bad player. I inherited him from Mr Redknapp when he got sacked and I took the job, and he's been playing well. Mainly a cover for Kyle Walker though. You could always go for Walker, or Naughton for that matter.

Try to get Montoya from Barça B. He is really good, but you could also try Vrsaljko, Douglas, Aurier, Corchia, Gaston Diaz

Romario from vitoria isnt a bad option either. Done really well for my Mainz

Thanks for all answers. I got Romàrio, and he looks great. As he's only 18, I might try to get an experienced, but cheap (i.e. old) RB who will keep Premier standard for another year or so.
I hope Romàrio turns out good pretty fast, so I won't have to crush my budget to get someone who's just a couple of years older.
(The likes of Walker and Vrsajlko are tempting, and they don't need time to get to know the league, style of play etc.)

Picked up Romário in 2013 and had him out on loan during two seasons in Championship and he has now played one season for my Tottenham team and about to start the next season and he's looking pretty good. I guess I could've gotten more out of him if I picked up him earlier, but at the moment he has 17 in both acceleration and pace. Nearly every other stat is around 12-16; he's really good overall!

- Romario always moves to Real Madrid on my 3 saves recently :((. If you can, get him ! Best wonderkid with fast process :))

- Or you can buy Bandalovski :)) best cheap RB ever

- Di Silvestri , Fiorentina always sell him with low price for his attribute (1st season, he's always loan in A.Madrid and will move to Genoa with 500k in next season)

Wow! Thanks guys. Lots of great tips here. If I wanted, I could have a decent team, consisting of RB's only... ;)

I've decided to stick with Romàrio, and let him overlap with my current best RB (Stephen Kelly) and maybe some of the youngsters till end of the season. Looks like I'm going to survive in PL anyway (wich was the board's expectations), so planning for the seasons ahead seems like a smart thing to do.

BREAKING NEWS! I (Birmingham City) just got taken over by some consortium. Not only did they let me keep my job (after some consideration), they immidiately started improving the youth- and traing facilities, and promised to expand the stadium next year. They also gave me £20m extra on this years transfer budget! Never happened to me before. And I've been playing since the good old CM-days

Sooo... what to do with all the money?
pacman.gif

My staff keeps telling me I need a quality AMC, even tho' I don't use formations that requires an AMC. But with all the extra money, I think I'm gonna train my team into an attacking 4-2-3-1 (LB-CB-CB-RB, DM sup.-DM deep playmaker, AML-AMC-AMR, ST poacher)
I've got a great young strikeforce with Scott Sinclair (AML), Gabriel Torje (AMR) and Yaya Sanogo/Leigh Griffiths (Poacher/adv. striker), but need an AMC. I'd like to have a Trequarista playing AMC. Someone who has the finishing skills, but also the intelligence and calmness to distribute the ball. Long range soothing skills are a welcome bonus.

Any tips? Position: AMC, Role: Trequarista, Price: 6-12 mill., age: 20-26 (already good, but also for the future)

(I actually got a 10m bid accepted for Pedro (Barcelona), as he was transfer listed. Just for fun, I asked his agent what they wanted. Well.... they wanted something like supreme dictatorship of the galaxy and all the money in the known universe. That didn't happen.)

Last edited:
i missed out on kyle walker when he was transfer listed, shoot!