• Thread starter WeArePalace
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1K
W

WeArePalace

View attachment 1203020RB SALZBURG: HOPING FOR EUROPEAN SUCCESS

INTRODUCTION
I always tend to manager in Europe's big five leagues and the divisions below them, and this is my first time venturing into Austria. I've chosen RB Salzburg as I'm going to focus on trying to make progress in the European Competitions as we are domestic favourites. I'm really looking forward to trying out a new nation and I will try this more often from now on should I enjoy this save. The squad looks very strong, with the only areas for improvement LW, LB and GK, but only because of the age of some of our players. We also can't sign players from many nations, focusing mainly on Germany and Austria as most other nations don't comply with the foreign transfer rules. I was surprised that the squad had a decent budget of 17.5m, but it was upsetting to find main ST Munas Dabbur and promising young CAM Hannes Wolf are joining clubs at the end of the season.

The main challenges for our team are going to be SK Sturm Graz and SK Rapid Vienna. They're both quite decent teams and Sturm Graz are predicted by the media to give us a real fight for the title, but hopefully I should be able to get the team another domestic title. If we could get past the qualifying stages of the Champions League that would be great, but I won't expect anything yet in terms of getting to the knockout stage. If we could possibly finish 3rd and make the Europa League, that would be ideal.

CLUB BACKGROUND
The team has had a lot of domestic success but has never won anything in terms of Europe. My sole aim is to change that and bring a first European trophy to the club. Obviously the club was only founded recently, in 2005, and is a partner club with RB Leipzig and New York Red Bulls. Over the years, Leipzig have taken quite a few players off Salzburg via the partnership and hopefully we can get something in return.
View attachment 1203021

Apologies everyone for the fact that it says 'Attachment 120....' this will be fixed in the next post.