RD6 Skin - RELEASED

r1cky

Reaction score
**UPDATED**
*Version 6.1*
RELEASED : RD6 skin for FM12
I have finally completed this years version of my skin (after a LOT of work!)

It is a simple, clean, blue and black themed skin.
Screens :

View attachment 210371

View attachment 210372

View attachment 210373

View attachment 210374

View attachment 210375

DOWNLOAD LINK :
Please re-download if you already have the skin, delete and replace with version 6.1 :

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21091285/rd6.rar

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :

EXTRACT (Using Winrar or 7zip) to :
C:\Users\*****\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins

I have included in this skin a background selector (Credits to Radestock) also, on the title screen some people have requested in previous versions that the 'manager' image to be changed, to change go to :
rd6\graphics\main menu\Change title screen picture
where you will find different images to use and instructions on how to insert the image :)

I hope you all enjoy my work, especially as this will be the LAST 'RD' skin that I make.. :(
unfortunately skinning takes up too much time so I've put everything I can into releasing this very last edition of my skin.
PLEASE leave feedback here and let me know what you think, as the positive feedback ive had for the past 2 skins is the reason I kept making skins!

Version 6.1 updated!
Fixed the following problem :

View attachment 210713

(Selection details, injury/ban information was not showing up on player profile)

Last edited:
will be switching between fareignheight and this, sexy smexy! thanks!

Been waiting the whole week for this. Thanks man, great skin.

One question, now we can change the attributes players colours right? Using my skin now, each time i exit the game, the colours revert back to default skin colour. Any way to make it permanent change, while still using the skin?

izzice777, go to \Football Manager 2012\skins\rd6\settings and open 'rd6 settings'
Right click, open with>notepad
Scroll down to : <!-- profile attribute colours -->
Edit those and they will edit the profile attribute colours and will stay to what you set them :)

How to remove default background pictures so when I move, for example, to "view club" it remains background of the club ?

Untick 'Use skin cache' and 'show background pictures' in preferences

Please delete what you have and re-download the skin from the post for those of you that already have it, as I have fixed a minor bug with the sub-tabs moving and not fully showing up when clicked, apologies :)

No, I want to see background pictures, but I don't want default pictures.
So when I click, for example, Juventus squad I see club background (stadium pic) , but when I click "view club" it shows me default picture.

I've no idea.. I made this skin for use with the backgrounds included, sorry m8

Well, my english is bad, sorry.
I have background pictures, it works. But I want to turn off this default background pictures which I got with this skin.
When I go to Juventus or Inter squad - my background pictures work, but when I click on Juventus, or Inter, or else - "view club" it shows me default picture which I got with this skin. What I want is to turno off this default picture. Same thing like it was on RD5....

darth, I have made this skin for default backgrounds only. You can change the backgrounds to whatever you like.. Go to :
Football Manager 2012\skins\rd6\graphics\backgrounds
And change the pictures to whatever you like, then reload the skin and use the background selector to change. Hope this helps.

The problem is when I go to match screen and if I don't have background for that stadium , it gives me default picture. Is it possible to delete default pictures or turn it off ?

Darth, the skin is made to use the default backgrounds.

Love the skin R1cky. The little details with the cards and offside calls are quality. well done. One comment i do have is about the ref when he calls a foul...Bit odd having that slap head when a different ref is in charge of the match. The wembley picture is beautiful but that glare off the light or w/e is blinding and makes it difficult to see anything on the left hand side of my screen.

Those are my constructive critisms for you. Other than that pal love it.

Last edited:
looks nice r1cky..only prob is i can't use it...when i go to play a game it crashes on me and a pop up window comes up and say's run time error.when i load the game back in and try other skins the game works fine anyone else had this problem or can help me out.thanks.re downloaded the skin re booted fm with skin still no joy

faulky, use the transparency button in the background selector to change the darkness of the backgrounds, I found I had to darken it to work best for the wembley picture. :)

yale, I'm not sure why it doesn't work, try re-downloading? Untick 'Use skin cache', disable background changes?

A fantastic skin R1cky (H), it's a shame it's going to be your last year making these great skins, as I have used RD4, RD5 and now RD6 over the last few years.