Hammill92

Reaction score
I would love to re-create the liverpool tactic which they were so succesful with in the 80s, I believe its a 442 formation but what about the actual tactic and the player roles etc?

Problem with that is what a bunch of hard bastards they were.
It wasn't just about how technically gifted some were, the dirty hard players gave that edge of winners. Im sure i could come up with something but you may not end up with 11 men for many games lol

ok just trying and tinkering with one for you. I don't have the same quality of players as Liverpool did back then. But will give it a quick test and upload

ok dude ive had a try with this, looking at the team Liverpool had and trying to transcend that into FM is a little tricky. But i think iv managed it for you gone for a 4411 you can change the Triquesta for a Complete Forward (support) if you wish to it does work it just leaves a huge gap so this will bridge the gap for you. I assume you are going to be a decent team and not some rubbish third division team.
please report back your findings

Not sure how (or if) you can tag people on this board, so I've just quoted scouse and hope he'll see it. He'll have the best knowledge of anyone around for the 80's redmen.

Wrap up warm mate.

If last night was any indiction it'll be baltic!

Hi, sorry that ny answer took so long, about the tactic, i think its Great but i guess its Hard to get a 442 working? I seem to conceed goals in almost Every game.

Hey dude, thanks for the reply
. I hadn't been in here in a while, try dropping a deeper line sometimes it needs a tweak, you need a top keeper with command of the area and decision making to really help out.

I'm playing with it in Spain and England both with lower league clubs and I've had some good success, I do need to mix it up sometines to another formation I use but this seems to be about 70% of my games.