barakus

Reaction score
Im just about to finish my 3rd season, an had recently had the the contract renewals screen pop-up.
Has anybody had much luck on re-negotiating contracts with staff?
Every season so far ive had to sign a new lot of backroom staff, because they never want to negotiate.
Im thinking its to do with the coaching qualifications they all seem to do at the clubs expense.
Is this the norm? I get to trust someones tactical advice...then next season, bye bye

Im not having no problem at all getting them to renew the contracts. They ask a little bit more, but that's ok

yeah it's the same for me, fortunately I can afford to give them the raises they want as long as they are good enough to warrant the raise, so it isn't really a problem for me.

i never had this problem till now, just in my third season as fc united and i have to do this every season they never want to renegotiate. probably is due to them getting qualifications and a bump in rep or something like that.

Im just about to finish my 3rd season, an had recently had the the contract renewals screen pop-up.
Has anybody had much luck on re-negotiating contracts with staff?
Every season so far ive had to sign a new lot of backroom staff, because they never want to negotiate.
Im thinking its to do with the coaching qualifications they all seem to do at the clubs expense.
Is this the norm? I get to trust someones tactical advice...then next season, bye bye

is this in your truro save you mentioned the other day. I get same thing in my fc united one just realsied it was you

is this in your truro save you mentioned the other day. I get same thing in my fc united one just realsied it was you

aye mate, its my truro save...maybe it is to do with teams rep as well! Bit harsh on small clubs paying for their staff to get educated, for them then to say " Thanks..but no thanks"...thing what gets me, they all encourage each other! lol its almost like a mutiny!

Dan:
No mate, They dont want to negotiate at all! You know when you make a contract offer an their speech bubble is RED..saying in short "F*** Y*U"

It aint no biggy..just would like to form a loyal backroom staff, who stay for longer than 1 season!

aye mate, its my truro save...maybe it is to do with teams rep as well! Bit harsh on small clubs paying for their staff to get educated, for them then to say " Thanks..but no thanks"...thing what gets me, they all encourage each other! lol its almost like a mutiny!

Dan:
No mate, They dont want to negotiate at all! You know when you make a contract offer an their speech bubble is RED..saying in short "F*** Y*U"

It aint no biggy..just would like to form a loyal backroom staff, who stay for longer than 1 season!

I know its really frustrating on my third assistant now and this one doesn't want to stay either. having a real frustrating time in the league too right now, started indifferently won 2 lost 2 drew 2 then just went like a train was second for ages now on game 42 and have won 2 in the last 17 matches 4 points off playoffs so don't think i'll be going up. always next season probably to soon but i haven't given up all hope you never know. how you getting on with truro?

Last edited:
I know its really frustrating on my third assistant now and this one doesn't want to stay either. having a real frustrating time in the league too right now, started indifferently won 2 lost 2 drew 2 then just went like a train was second for ages now on game 42 and have won 2 in the last 17 matches 4 points off playoffs so don't think i'll be going up. always next season probably to soon but i haven't given up all hope you never know. how you getting on with truro?

Yeah is tough, I was similar position as you (maybe 3pts off after 42 games) but managed to make play-offs!

View attachment 291865

Though I lost in the semis lol..was hoping to make wembley again for a pay-day at least...
Im thinkin like you, maybe would be bit soon anyways..got a young team who are still developing, gonna try not to strenghen too much to keep faith with the players ive already got.
On a plus side, ive been trailing a Mali player (Moke Traore who plays for Centre salif keita) but been unable to sign because of work permit. The board allowed me to choose a feeder club!!!! So ive asked for a croation one, hopefully they'll accept an I can start signing these dirt cheap Africans an loan them out! Mate he looks quality an only 18, although we cant afford to scout him, hes worth £1 lol
Ive bidded succesfully a few times at 18k an he wants £200 a week! So hopefully he'll be mine in the future!

Goodluck on the run-in! Let me know how you get on :)

Yeah is tough, I was similar position as you (maybe 3pts off after 42 games) but managed to make play-offs!

View attachment 291865

Though I lost in the semis lol..was hoping to make wembley again for a pay-day at least...
Im thinkin like you, maybe would be bit soon anyways..got a young team who are still developing, gonna try not to strenghen too much to keep faith with the players ive already got.
On a plus side, ive been trailing a Mali player (Moke Traore who plays for Centre salif keita) but been unable to sign because of work permit. The board allowed me to choose a feeder club!!!! So ive asked for a croation one, hopefully they'll accept an I can start signing these dirt cheap Africans an loan them out! Mate he looks quality an only 18, although we cant afford to scout him, hes worth £1 lol
Ive bidded succesfully a few times at 18k an he wants £200 a week! So hopefully he'll be mine in the future!

Goodluck on the run-in! Let me know how you get on :)

Yeah I was three points off playoffs, I've kept majority of the team gunna sign three/four experienced pros and blood my youth team think I can win it this season then aim for a mid-table finish in league two but we will see. I just ran out of gas last season all my strikers got injured had to play a 16 year old got 7 in 10 to be fair though. I'll try the feeder club idea let me know how you get on

Staff contracts are easier than player contracts, there are no agents involved. They usually want some kind of increase in their wage but you can just negotiate them down a bit :)

Staff contracts are easier than player contracts, there are no agents involved. They usually want some kind of increase in their wage but you can just negotiate them down a bit :)

yep..but when they dont want to negotiate its impossible.
the worse is your assistant, as when he doesnt want to negotiate an inevitably leaves..you have no-one to take out unrealistic transfers (which includes assistants). which makes finding a new one a royal pain in the ****

Thats always how it has been for me to.... when contracts are up, i usually go through and cull deadwood like like i do with players to.

yep..but when they dont want to negotiate its impossible.
the worse is your assistant, as when he doesnt want to negotiate an inevitably leaves..you have no-one to take out unrealistic transfers (which includes assistants). which makes finding a new one a royal pain in the ****

I have never have had a problem with renewing staff contracts, like Aussie said, it gives the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and get better staff.

I have never have had a problem with renewing staff contracts, like Aussie said, it gives the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and get better staff.

yes...I UNDERSTAND what you an aussie are saying mate. But it seems it only happens with non-league, low rep teams!
For instance, im managing Truro city, that start in the BSS an in the 3 seasons ive managed them, ive had to replace EVERY staff member each season. Not because i wanted to clear out deadwood, but just because they never want to renegotiate. Now my club arent rich, so every season i sign new staff, who in turn take courses which cost 4k to do =50k+ a year! In comparison, are sponsors give us 7.5k a year lol
An then after a freebie course + a years wages, they leave to only sit unemployed... most of my first/second season staff are still unemployed.
Now i do like doin things the hard way, challenge is everything for me..but its got to be realistic. Im pretty sure its not like this in RL

If you have had to replace every staff member in each season, why are you not giving out longer contracts?

yes...I UNDERSTAND what you an aussie are saying mate. But it seems it only happens with non-league, low rep teams!
For instance, im managing Truro city, that start in the BSS an in the 3 seasons ive managed them, ive had to replace EVERY staff member each season. Not because i wanted to clear out deadwood, but just because they never want to renegotiate. Now my club arent rich, so every season i sign new staff, who in turn take courses which cost 4k to do =50k+ a year! In comparison, are sponsors give us 7.5k a year lol
An then after a freebie course + a years wages, they leave to only sit unemployed... most of my first/second season staff are still unemployed.
Now i do like doin things the hard way, challenge is everything for me..but its got to be realistic. Im pretty sure its not like this in RL

Again, I have never had a problem with renewing staff contracts with any club, high and low reputation.

Again, I have never had a problem with renewing staff contracts with any club, high and low reputation.

I can see what you guys are saying about it not happening to you but i'll show you two screenshots the one who will negotiate is not studying for qualifications and has none in fact. the one who refuses has studied for them. I don't know if this is a bug or it is supposed to be like that but it is frustrating nonetheless I had a great backroom staff for league 2 but once they get qualified refuse to even negotiate its like staff have an agenda or something. I know some one said offer longer but they won't accept it and if you put non-negotiable they talks breakdown. I would imagine Barakus has similar experiences to me. I might mention it on SI forums to see if its a bug

View attachment 292466View attachment 292467

I appreciate what your saying and to me it sounds like a bug possibly. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution for you guys. :)

Yep, Same here.
Am coming to the end of my second season with Histon now in BSP. Both coaches who improved their qualifications during the first season left at the end of their deals and their replacements, who again have gained qualifications (at the clubs expense) are both refusing to negotiate extensions.

I guess that with their better qualifications there are in the £2,000 earning bracket rather than £200. Which explains why they are not keen to stay.

It is a bit annoying thou that as the club paid for the courses, that the staff would rather be unemployed than show a touch of loyalty.

Not a major issue for me thou, plenty of unemployed staff at similar levels down in non league.

Yep, Same here.
Am coming to the end of my second season with Histon now in BSP. Both coaches who improved their qualifications during the first season left at the end of their deals and their replacements, who again have gained qualifications (at the clubs expense) are both refusing to negotiate extensions.

I guess that with their better qualifications there are in the £2,000 earning bracket rather than £200. Which explains why they are not keen to stay.

It is a bit annoying thou that as the club paid for the courses, that the staff would rather be unemployed than show a touch of loyalty.

Not a major issue for me thou, plenty of unemployed staff at similar levels down in non league.

Ah..never thought about wages. But then been nice for the coaches to say they wanted 2k pw, rather than say they'd prefer to be unemployed than coach here anymore.
Yeah more annoyance than anything..like you said plenty of staff, but REALLY anoying when you havent an assistant to take out unrealistic targets..my assistants so far have been chumps, quite simply because im unable to extinguish(?) who's interested or not. takes to long surfing through the better ones to be told their not interested, so i just go for the chumps lol and of course no employed coaches are interested in renegotiating...just hope it doesnt turn into a vicious circle type thing