Luigi

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sharing Your Tactic
To even begin sharing a tactic you need to have the .fmf file (found in Documents\FM22\Tactics (by default for Windows) and then click on the post thread button in the shared tactics area.

Please add as much detail as possible as you can when you share a tactic. It helps immensely to those that download and use your tactic. Will also help you get better reponses from the community. We've provided you initially with a tickbox to complete to get you started and prevent lower-quality submissions:

Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 13.47.31.png

Be aware, in the "Uploaded files" sections upload only ONE SINGLE .fmf TACTIC file otherwise the resource will be removed and the tactics won't be tested.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 13.53.10.png

To upload screenshots in the description, use this button:

Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 13.53.21.png

This includes tweaks! If you've downloaded someone's tactic changed some bits around, and want to share it. Upload it but make sure in the title/thread that you mention it's a tweak of "abcxyz tactic" Like how @White Europe uploaded a tweaked spirit of 99. This benefits the community as more tactics/settings can be tested.

Completing everying in the template is only the initial part though. Think about what else you can add, what would you like to see if you were going to download someone else's tactic for the first time? Some examples would be:
  • What inspired you?
  • What to expect?
  • Set piece takers
  • Opposition Instructions (OIs)
  • Player Instructions (PIs) - very useful for FM Touch users
  • Recommended players
  • Recommended attributes per position
  • Any specific training
  • Footedness of player per position
  • Top scoring position
  • Is it in English?
If you want to see an example of a very well wrote tactic, check out BJT's Skyball.

Downloading and Installing Tactics
Place the tactic file (.fmf) into Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\tactics.​
Then from within FM22, you will be able to go to load tactic.​

Leaving Feedback
To help this out when you're using a tactic you've downloaded there's a few things to note to why things maybe not going your way:​
  • Tactical Familiarity - This generally needs to be maxed out. If you try to plug a tactic in halfway through the season and wonder why it doesn't work, this is probably why.
  • Player PPMs - Do your defenders/holding midfielders have traits such as "Dwells On Ball" and "Stops Play". These two PPMs alone can get your players caught while on the ball leading to a chance for the opposition.
  • Team Talks - If you're not doing them yourself let your Assistant Manager do them as long as they have high Motivation, Level of Discipline and Man Management.
  • Team Morale - This can cause your team to perform poorly. Hold a team meeting / speak to players. Bring that morale back up!
  • Still not performing well? Where are the goals coming from? Have a look at those comprehensive highlights.
  • Could it be the players you have aren't suitable for the tactic?
  • Bought/Sold a lot of players? Maybe not enough time for the team to have gelled and developed partnerships.
  • Are your staff in charge of OIs which could be ruining the tactic? (Staff > Responsibilities > Provides Opposition Instructions - Make sure this is set to YOU).
After going through the above these can be useful to provide when leaving feedback:​
  • Team you're playing as / squad.
  • Where were you predicted and in comparison, how good are the teams you've faced.
  • GIFs/Youtube of goals
  • Are all the instructions followed as requested by the author? If so, let them know you've done those things.
  • If things are going well, let them know! Always good to hear good things!
  • Made tweaks? Again, let them know. It may be useful for others and could improve making tactics.
Good Feedback Examples
  • "I've tried this for half a season with Norwich and constantly going behind. It's the first season and I've bought no players. When I've watched the highlights it's the typical balls over the top causing the conceded goals. Any tips?"
  • "Great tactic, works a treat. Made a few transfers at the start of my season with Lille and we managed to come second! Victor Osimhen was the league's top scorer!"
Bad Feedback Examples
  • "Tactic doesn't work. Don't download."
  • "Great tactic."
  • I'm sure you get the gist of it, be more constructive and expand on your feedback.

ATACKING TACTIC USING WIDE CENTER BACKS

I was curious about the new role in center backs, so I tried some variations of these tactic. This is the final version that I've been able to win most of the games at the 3rd season with SL Benfica. Yes I had to sell some players but could get some great youngster in loan deals primarely and later bought them. Examples are Liam Delap and Joshua Zirkzee, fortunatelly SL Bnefica have some great youngsters that I tried to evolve. It's a tactic that made me score 90+ goals per season Being zirkzee top goal scorer and assists come mainly from my wing backs that also are the set piece takers.

Attachments

• 523.png
    523.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 523 taka taka.fmf
    16.5 KB · Views: 56
Hey @RuMAD, thanks for sharing your tactics here, though you should follow the guide and upload the tactics creating a new topic in the right category, or simply following this link.

Do all tactics get tested by the tactics tester system? Or is there a schedule of sorts?

Do all tactics get tested by the tactics tester system? Or is there a schedule of sorts?
All tactics get tested, we are updating it to the latest FM version, so all tactics get back to the queue and it may take up to 1 week for all tactics to be tested.

This button here creates a huge amount of people to upload only the tactic file without screenshot, results etc, because it directly locate people to create topics without first reading the requirements for a tactic to be tested. @Luigi

1.png

Garmr V1

Says on here that can take up to a week for tactic to be uploaded on the fm tactic testing but i uploaded mine over a week ago and just curious over if it has been started on a test yet as curious how it performs

@Luigi, I have the same question as Stewey above. I submitted my tactic on June 30th.
How will we know whether our tactics were tested or not? If they were tested, how will we see the results?

433 Arsenal 22.4.1

All tactics get tested, we are updating it to the latest FM version, so all tactics get back to the queue and it may take up to 1 week for all tactics to be tested.
Are you still testing tactics, or are you waiting for FM23? I see there's been over a month since the last tested tactic was posted.

Are you still testing tactics, or are you waiting for FM23? I see there's been over a month since the last tested tactic was posted.
We stopped testing because we didn't have enough tactics in the queue to to justify the effort, but it may be worth restarting it if the tactics are enough now, after a month. I need to double check that, but if there are more than like 10/20 tactics in queue (that after a quick look seems so), I'll restart testing this Saturday.

We stopped testing because we didn't have enough tactics in the queue to to justify the effort, but it may be worth restarting it if the tactics are enough now, after a month. I need to double check that, but if there are more than like 10/20 tactics in queue (that after a quick look seems so), I'll restart testing this Saturday.
Great. Very curious how my latest tactic works outside my own computer.

Apart from the many topics without further tactics information - which have rightly been closed by now - there are also plenty of tactics that would be worth testing now, I think.

Is testing still going on?